my kids and transfomers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by geerave, Feb 22, 2007.

1. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

I'm inspired by "death of Saturday morning" thing. i like transformers because when i was a kid i fell in love with the show, then the toys, and since then i have been hooked. my mother jokes that its so easy to find a Christmas present for me because i have wanted the same thing since i was five years old. now fast forward 20 years or so and i have my own kids. i don't want to stuff transformers of comic in there faces, but i would really like them to give it a chance, i just don't see them getting excited without a (GOOD) show to watch every week.

thoughts, comments......

2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Show them either RiD or Armada. Those were two of the most popular shows among children.

3. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

You're talking as if Transformers are for children *rolls eyes* sheesh

:p 

4. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Set an hour or two aside each weekend for DVDs and see if they might want to watch some of the shows you used to dig that are currently available for purchase.

Do you guys get Boomerang and Toon Disney? There's some decent programming on those two.

5. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Good topic.

As for me I have two kids, Logan who is 5 and a Hayleyl who is 3.

I started Logan on all things superhero and transformer at a young age. Hayley is more of a girly girl and would prefer a certain Spanish Explorer, but she is coming around.

Since Beast Wars I have taped all the transformers that were on so I could watch them when I wanted and it gave Logan a good mix of everything.

I was even lucky enough to get the Gen 1 discs so he can see where it all started.

As for his favourites: He really likes Beast wars and Cybertron.

He also really likes Star Wars and Gi Joe now too.

6. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Armada DVDs are the best way to go to introducing them to Transformers. They start out pretty light hearted, and the storyline is really easy to follow. As far as some other old cartoons, I really like the old Nintendo based cartoons. The slapstick filled Legend of Zelda cartoon series and The Super Mario Bros. Super Show are both out on DVD now. They are fun cartoons, and kids recognize the characters right away.

And a bunch more are on the way (like Captain N and the good Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon), so there is plenty for them to watch until you feel they are old enough for some of the more serious/scary cartoons like Real Ghostbusters and Beast Wars.