My incredible journey in China (part 2) pics heavy!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Russian fan, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    After a year delay, I finally prepared a continuation of my tale, that time about its main part - Wulong! I think everyone will understand me, why I didn't post it early:eek:  So I won't justify myself. I decided that as russians say "Better late than never". If you're not familiar with the first part of my tale (Beijing and the Great Wall) - you may find it here!
    On the third day I woke up early, took my bag and camera and went to
    Beijing West railway station. I got it by subway and boarded at the
    train Beijing-Chongqing.[​IMG]View from the train
    I must tell a bit more about this part. I don't know chinese very good and I was worried that I couldn't find way to Wulong sights. And hiring a guide was too expensive for me! But I have Chinese friend Li Yang, the girl who studied together with me in astronomic faculty in Russia. She introduced me to her friend Cai LinYan, who also study at in Russia but in linguistics. Her native home is just in Chongqing! She was so kind, that agreed to join me there. We had SO much fun these days! Tasting chinese cousine, enjoing absolutely incredible nature scenery, chinese traditions AND PLACES OF FILMING!!! WHOA! Michael Bay is just a genius because he led Transformers there!!!
    At early morning LinYan met me at Chongqing railways, and we went directly to the train to Wulong. Sun was rising and we enjoyed an amazing scenery with steep mountains, forests and streams. Upon arriving we was met by HUUUGE Transformers banner! And I immediately understood that people here very love Transformers! After a spicy chinese lunch we have got a bus to the small town Jiangkou and was riding there for 30min. The bus was climbing higher and higher up the mountain and we finally get an entrance to Furong cave, big local sight, and saw a spectacular view of the emerald river between the mountains.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]i'm at the entrance[​IMG]my friend Cai LinYan
    After that we finally went down into the cave. It was just an amazing dream! Just underground palace! There was several unique structures such as snow-white waterfall, Xian pagoda, hall of 1000 arrows. All of them are beautiful emphasized by artificial lighting. Some halls was just enormous, a big apartment house could fit there![​IMG]Xian pagoda[​IMG]The dog[​IMG]hall of 1000 arrows[​IMG]1000 arrows[​IMG]countdown rocket[​IMG]snow-white waterfall[​IMG]
    After walking in wet cave for 1,5 hours we finally got out back to hot afternoon, took short rest and decided to get a cruise up the beautiful Furong river. We went down the mountain by cable car, green rainforest stretched beneath our feet, huge like birds butterflies fluttered around us! The river had bright emerald-green color and flowed among steep bizarre karst cliffs. Breathtaking untouched scenery![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]When we returned to the cave evening already was coming. We managed to get the last bus to Jiankou and Wulong, but our hotel was in another town Xiannushan. Thanks to LinYan, we fastly found kindfull people, who drove us there. Wulong stayed far down the mountain. On the next day we went (after getting a chinese lunch with cup of noodles) directly to the Wulong TianShengSanQiao visitor center. We stood in a queue and my blood was like boiling, because of soooo awesome Steve Jablonsky's music in the hall!!! It was Dinobot Rage!!! We boarded the bus for the short trip to the valley through bamboo forest. Upon our arrival we immediately noticed HUGE life-size Bumblebee statue from actual car parts! There was a stone, about which I heard, where Michael Bay put his signature. "One of the most beautiful places on Earth" he wrote! Than we went to the entrance and tried to hire a guide. LinYan explained that I'm huge Transformers fan from Russia. And we've got an unordinary guide! Her surname is Yang and she's also a Transformers fan! When she learnt that I'm a fan for 8 years already (nine today), she was so amazed that opened a mouth! She also tells us about the filming, how she met Michael Bay and even shook his hand! She and others helped cinematographers to move cameras and then got a free ticket to Movie! And then before a lift down to the bottom of valley she showed us a trailer (my God so looong!) from AOE with parts from Wulong!!! Plus Lockdown and Galvatron and amazing Battle Cry on the background!!! I have no words to describe my excitement in that time!!! And then we went down the valley... I was like literally in the Film! I saw a place where Autobots ship landed and the waterfall where Drift and Crosshairs was sitting! And That Amazing Meadow where there was The Battle... And where the Mighty Dinobot vows fidelity to our beloved Leader!!! and the black knights take Autobots on their backs and carry away at breakneck speed![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]TianLong span[​IMG]the corridor[​IMG][​IMG]TianLong and the meadow[​IMG]QingLong natural bridge[​IMG]The valley consist of two parts divided by QingLong natural bridge. The first bridge is TianLong (it's named after Sky Dragon, one of the main deities in ancient chinese mythology). The height of the bridge is 235 meters (771 ft) and clearance is 96 meters (315 ft). After it there is long corridor where the scene of Autobots departing to Hong Kong (on Dinobots' backs) was filmed. Also you may see this corridor in the first Wulong scene where stricken Autobots' ship is landing to the valley. Ancient reconstructed stables is also there. The ship's landing was controlled, because after the corridor it turned left where the big meadow is. The meadow is quite spacious, I think more than 150X200 meters so Grimlock had enough space:)  When Yang showed us the meadow she said: "he spewed fire here!" and that led me to delight:D  On the right side of the cliff wall there was three waterfalls. When I saw the first I asked Yang whether it's THAT waterfall? She said no. Then I asked the same about the second, but she said no again. And when we discover THAT waterfall I recognized it immediately!:D  It even has prominent cliff where timid audience was sitting:D  And QingLong, the second bridge, you may see it many times in the Film! Autobots' ship landed there and the first meeting with Dinobots was at this bridge! And one of the final frame with transforming Dinobots (Slug, Strafe and Scorn) was there. The name of this bridge means Azure dragon, the deity that protect the rainbow, because in the early morning you can see the rainbow under the bridge! It's the highest bridge (281 metres-922 ft) with clearance of 103 metres (338 ft). When you approach the bridge you feel coolness, because of plenty of streams falling down from 200 meters height and dividing to pearl drops! My God, how it's beautiful!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Our guide Yang[​IMG]Water pearls[​IMG]The third bridge is Heilong (which means black dragon) with height of 223 meters (732 ft) and clearance 116 metres (381 ft). Bridge area is very dark and there wasn't any filming there, because of lack of light. The main sight of the bridge is the spring, which is located on the height of 90m!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    By the way we also were in Chongqing beautiful modern chinese megapolis on the place of confluence of rivers Yangtze and Jialing[​IMG][​IMG]

2. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Enabler

News Credits:
    Amazing pictures! Yeah I remember your initial thread and wondered when you were going to put part 2 up :lol  It definitely looks like you had a ton of fun! :D 

3. Timesynch

Timesynch I still function! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Awesome photos! Simply beautiful vistas and gorgeous natural landmarks. I hope to visit China myself one of these days. It looks like you enjoyed your visit there!

4. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    RF.. so glad to see you finally got to show us part 2!!... and you're a wonderful guide as well.. Great pictures, thanks for sharing them with us!!! :thumb 

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot That moment when you realize I'm someone's mom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Wow :jawdropper:  Thanks for sharing. So amazing.

6. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Thanks for your praise! nowhere people so likes my photos like here:D It was quite difficult to write my impressions in english and of course i was waiting for some inspiration!
    Ha-ha! thanks for your waiting:D Part three in Hong Kong, i think, don't need such a big story, because it's popular tourist places and many TFW members even live there. So charming city though!
    Yeeaaah!:thumb Visiting China is not so complicated there is plenty of guides and train booking services! I wish you good luck!

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Your vacation beats mine for sure.

That just looks breathtaking.

8. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thank you for sharing

9. Venixion

Venixion Member of the notorious Pew-Pew Posse

News Credits:
    Wow! What wonderful pictures! Thank you for sharing your experiences.:jawdropper:  You must have had a great time.