my ideas for a reboot

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by That_One:), May 30, 2011.

1. That_One:)

That_One:) Well-Known Member

I know some of you guys will probably hate me just for bringing up this kind of idea...but I think it would be totally cool if the Transformers reboot movie (supposing they make one) was like g1 and actually took place in the 80s, yet it could still have that similar "feel" to the Bay ones (although it would obviously have no connection to it whatsoever) and I feel the title should be something like: "Transformers: Generation" or something. I just thought it would be pretty cool to see a live action transformers film set in the '80s but that's just me (and keep in mind I have not "grown up a G1 lover" or anything like that...in fact I only started watching them sorta recently)

2. theironhulk

theironhulk Autobot Medic

News Credits:
    I'd rather see a CGI transformers movie that takes place on cybertron. No GEEWUNIN'

3. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

I like this idea, especially since it has the potential for a connection to the Cold War and the paranoia going on. Kinda like what it said in that fake leaked script for DOTM.

Although I would also be fine with it taking place now and with G1-inspired designs.

4. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ew no. We have a G1 movie which was released 30 years ago. Watch that. Nobody will touch a movie that won't do anything but be a live action fan wank film. A movie like that would fail in the box office probably.

5. cnic

cnic Decepticon

[​IMG]

6. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

well, F. if godzilla isn't onboard then its doomed.

7. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

here we are talking about a reboot for a film franchise that hasn't even released it's third and final movie yet..

8. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

I stopped reading here.

Damn Geewunners, we've had a G1 film already! Get over it for fuck sake.

9. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm a massive G1 (comics) fan, but this would be a truly horrendous movie.

10. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    I love the fact that when someone suggests a TF film set in the 80's everyone goes 'Raaargh we aleady had a Geewun film in 86' even though TFTM was set in 2005.

Just sayin' like...

11. bigkid78

bigkid78 I MAKE SHIT HAPPEN!

it would work if it were wrote properly.

12. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    This is the sort of thing that only sounds like a bad idea to hardened fans who have become too used to having their every wish and hope and expectation crushed. Something that awesome they have already given up on, so any number of reasons will be claimed as to why it wouldn't work or couldn't happen that way.

I still think (as much as things can always go wrong) it could work pretty goddamn well. I'd do it as a time-travel Back to the Future/Time Wars type affair. That way you get to have the period 80s nostalgia piece, while also incorporating up-to-date modern altmodes and fulfilling product placement expectations.

13. Kraken

News Credits:
    I think if you're going back in time for a reboot you need to go further than the 80's, I say go back to the 60's, get them involved in Vietnam, the space race, Kennedy's assassination, somewhere where people just wouldn't be able to get their heads around the idea of a transforming alien robot, and give us some amazing toys.

14. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    how's about a 4th movie without bay that takes place on cybertron?

15. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I donno how I feel about a TF movie being a period film. That just seems odd to me. Having maybe it start in the 80s, and then it moves to modern day, could work. Or a 80s flashback, maybe. I donno...I know a lot of the stuff that we're really into, that most of us grew up with came from the 80s...But as an era the 80s were really kind of dumb.

Also I'd say no to time travel. The theme of the movie is already about transforming alien robots. You don't need to start throwing time travel in there.

16. Kraken

News Credits:
    Why is everyone so determined for the next film to be set on Cybertron? I just don't get it, all you'd get is crap nonsensical alt-modes and visually everything would just be grey and silver, there's no sun so it would be permanently night, and people just wouldn't care.

The whole idea is that they're hiding amongst US. They've brought their war to US. I couldn't give a monkey's whatsits what they do on their own planet.

[/rant]

17. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Going along with this, you think Cybertronian modes are bad now? Think about having an entire line of them.

18. reux

reux Member

Because you can do a somewhat photo-realistic feature length film that's even part of the Bay-verse entirely with CG whereas if you set it on Earth you would have to animate the humans and the environment and that invariably draws more connection to the Animated Series.

19. Kraken

News Credits:
    Err, why would you have to animate the humans and environments? You take a camera and film the humans (there's quite a few of them around, you may have noticed), in the environments that you want. which is what the past 3 films have done. That's why it's called live action...

20. That_One:)

That_One:) Well-Known Member

Ok not necessarily a G1 type film, just one that was like the first Bay film but took place in the 80s I think it could be cool after all, the new xmen movie takes place in the 60s so I figured why not?