Minor/Repaint: My ideal classics prime trailer

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Christopher-2, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Christopher-2

Christopher-2 Well-Known Member

When 06 came around, I didn't care if I was in my mid-teens, I had discovered G1 and wanted all of the classics, but Prime had no matching trailer and I'd wanted one since then. BTS-01 is an awesome accessory and I came this close to getting it, but after seeing so many reviews, It just looked too unrealistic. There was no way you could mistake it for an ordinary toy truck (which is the Idea behind Robots In Disguise).

As for the G3 trailer... Well... No offence to Fansproject or the people who bought it, but G3 IS THE STUPIDEST THING I HAVE EVER LOOKED AT! Mirror gimmick is nice, but It's way too big. I just want to chop the top of that thing off so that It looks right, otherwise that wind vane on classics prime is pointless. Might as well put on a OVERSIZE LOAD decal on so at least it's more realistic.

Ok... got that out of the way...

So, Instead of settling for something I obviously wasn't going to be happy with, I looked to incorporate a g1 Prime's Trailer into the Classics toy. Even Prime himself is not without his minor mods. The trailer is still too high but it looks more plausible to me, and I haven't decided if I want to give it matching wheels, or if Prime himself is going to get rubber wheels, but for now, It is my ultimate G1 prime tribute.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  2. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Very nice. I'm one of those people who has the G3 trailer, but hey its personal preferences.

3. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    Great minds think alike. I decided to have Darkov cast me some classics wheels so that I kept the aesthetic. Still needs some tweaking, but makes me happy.

[​IMG]

4. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    what did the wheels cost ya?

to OP!!.. rubber tires on classics prime!!! :rock 

5. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I disagree with your assessment of the G3 trailer, but you've inspired me to paint the inside of my Henkei Prime's chest. The silver backdrop really makes the blue windshield pop!

6. Nyarlahotep

Nyarlahotep Radicon Scourge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is that all the OP did to make the windshield area so vibrant?

7. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

looks fine to me

8. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    very nice!!!!!!

9. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Good question!

10. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    after mold cost and such, ended up being about 2 bucks a wheel. Much cheaper than getting KO primes and ripping the wheels off.

11. AE Overlord

AE Overlord AE Legend

Ebay:
    This is the true "Classics" look. Really like the chest highlight. Would love to see it with a small matrix behind the seats. Cool mods on the G1 trailer and paint looks good in those colors.

12. Christopher-2

Christopher-2 Well-Known Member

That is very cool! I agree it, does need a little bit of tweaking. On mine, the key was function. I had to do some sanding make sure that the trailer and prime were perfectly level and that I could still lauch roller. You might want to add extentions to the blue pieces so that the trailer's base mode can stay level. With those wheels, it looks a little better than mine.

Yes. All you need to do is take optimus apart, find the right silver paint, and hand brush it on the right places. The end result is phenominal, but it will look even more vibrant if you switch out the windshield for the one on magnus. I did that for my very first classics prime.

Thank you! In my Opinion, This is the best place to use Masterpiece Rodimus' tiny matrix, but I'm afraid my money's not worth picking up that easily broken masterpiece of weak plastic. So I decided that the "Matrix" itself should stay unseen, just like masterpiece prime's.