My idea i had for the Dinobots......

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by PrimulArchangel, Dec 30, 2008.

1. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Another thread someone made about did the alspark kill the dinosaurs made me remember this idea i had to bring the dinobots into the next movie and also explain there dino forms. I think i posted this a long while back in a thread but i think it got lost lol ...I think it would have been a cool way to bring them in .. It could also work for the third movie since there is no chance of them being in part 2.

Ok this was my idea

I said that they could have said that the autobots sent out search parties to look for the allspark and also search for other lifeforms after the allspark was sent into space. One group could have been a group of 5 bots. They found there way to earth millions of years ago and while searching and researching they come face to face with the dinosaurs and not knowing much about them they reformat to take on the shape of the local life forms, thus taking on the forms of the T-rex and the rest of the dinobots. This way they could study them up close. Not with skin though like in beast wars..

Not being able to find the allspark they stay and observe the dinosaurs. Then the meteor that wipes out the dinosaurs hits the earth and the global destruction it causes scrambles the dinobots circuts OR the atmosphere is in such bad shape from the meteor blast that it makes it impossible for them to leave earths orbit so they take shelter in a cave and shut down in stasis lock or some kind of standbye and send out a location signal or something.

Then they could have done a flash forward to not long after the first movie ends and ratchet or someone else could be out studying an area and " pick up a faint cybertronian signal" . They lock onto it and find its location to be a large mountain and go about trying to find an entrance. Over time the cave entrance has colapsed and or been covered up since it has been millions of years..

They finally get into the mountain cave and locate the dinobots. They bring them back to base and go about trying to repair them and reactivate them.. but due to the time of sitting in stasis there circuts have degraded so much that when they are finally reactivated they seem to be a few sandwhiches short of a picnic, thus giving them there dinobot mentality that we all know and love ..

Ok so that was my idea for getting the dinobots into the movie.. I think it could have worked out and also explain why they had dinosaur forms. Maybe part 3 ? lol . Wishfull thinking i guess lol..

What do you think ?

2. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Orci admitted it was out of his personal apathy and disinterest in dinosaurs they didn't put Grimlock and company in the sequel. It's out of sheer disinterest they couldn't use the plausible explanations for the Dinobots offered in every other continuity, and Grimlock's not one to use a normal Earth mode.

3. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    ok the main issue with this is that the allspark went missing thousands of years back, not millions
    although the dinobots could have existed before this war and simply have been in stasis

OR better yet, with the USA Today revelation that "the transformers have a secret origin on earth" or some crap like that, they could have been the last remanants of the original transformers, hidden away in stasis, forgotten. but that's getting a little too farfetched even for me.

4. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I like the Dinobots, I realy do and this idea for them isn't bad... But I realy don't want to see them in these moives. The bots are already 2nd string to the humans and the Dinobots would just end up being more in the back ground. Also look how much they have changed how all the TFs and think about what they will do to the Dinos and ask yourself if that's what you realy want.

5. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

the carbon dating putting the cube at 10,000 bc can be worked around...for all we know there was allready a war on earth fighting for the cube and the hoover damn location is where the allspark was dropped 12,000 years ago just as the last of the autobots/decepticons were killed off..basically meaning that the spot where the cube was found may not have been its first impact on earth

6. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Thats a fantastic point. What is the point of having the dinobots if Grimlock isnt anything like grimlock for all we know Bay would call him defensor or possibly make swoop grimlock.

Either way they most likely would not get the similar design treatment like optimus where he resembles his former self.

7. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

The only problem with your idea is that according to the script and something said in the first film, the Cube only landed on earth around the begining of the last Ice Age.

Which would make it impossible for Grimlocks crew to come "Face to ace" with Dinosaurs on earth.

Possible.....but then they would have to retcon the info they gave up in the pre-quil comics.

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    True, but Orci/Kurtzman/Kruger are only worried about keeping in continuity with the film itself, not the expanded fiction.

9. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    Face it, with the details that came out about how the Transformers have been here for a long time, that was their chance to bring in the Dinobots. Instead, they are going with the Fallen and the pyramids story.

10. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    I like Dinobots but its not necessary to put them in live-action movie.

11. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Who say's???

So far I've read statements from all 3 claiming that the comic is in continuity with the movie....and besides the idea that the Cube landed at the start of the last Ice Age is directly from Orci/Kurtzman/Kruger's script.

12. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

You could probably have a flashback to prehistoric times with Dinobots, but as previously stated Bay would more then likely ruin them.

13. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Says Orci in the "Ask Roberto Thread"

I haven't seen these "Statements", so, source?

Plus, it's much simpler to make the comics fit the films than the other way round, given the target audiences of the film and comics are different (the average moviegoer isn't going to read the prequel or RoS, so why make the events and concepts from them a major part of ROTF? Why change a part in the movie script just to fit a detail from a comic not many have read?)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  14. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Can you link me the particular statement???

I couldnt begin to even try and look it up any more.

They were made durring the release of the prequil comics from the first film and durring the so called "sequil comics".

I didnt question the fact thats its eazier to make a comic fit a film....so whats your point??????

What major concepts are you talking about?????

I dont see how the time period when the Cuben crashed quilfiys as a "Major Concept".

And besides the same basic time period was spoken of in the first film which only strengthens the idea that film,comic and script are in since at least about when the Cube crashed.

And besides most of the first films audience got a chance to read one of the prequils since it was given free of charge with the purchase of a movie ticket.

Dude what are you talking about???

I never once suggested that they should change anything in the script....as a matter of fact I was saying that to included the idea that the "OP" suggested they would have to change elements of the script of the first film....namely when the Cube crashed.

15. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it would be easy for them to add the Dinos in without having to change verry little if any onfo fromthe first movie. They said the cube crashed around 10,000bc that was based on our testing equipment.. The Auobots would have far more advanced equipment and and would know alot better then us when the cube was sent into space and crashed on earth, they could come in and say that our tests were wrong and that the cube crashed millions of years ago.. And the energy from the cube could have effected our test results and given false readings in the end.

They have the constructicons in the second film. It would have been nice to see them up against there rivals the Dinobots.. I think those 2 groups go hand in hand like peas and carrots lol.. I would like to see the Dinobots and Devastator duke it out in a no holds barred grudge match in the desert.. Have the autobots call them in as a last resort or something, like they did back in the cartoons..

16. transmetal2dinobot

Ebay:
    sequel and prequel are the correct spellings
    sorry, it bugs the hell outta me

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

You must be "bugged" alot.

18. transmetal2dinobot

Ebay:
    i shouldn't really expect anything better on the interwebs.

19. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

True enough.

20. Kortex

Kortex Well-Known Member

Come on, giant dinosaurs that transforms into giant robot.. Thats bs.. In the cartoons they were made by Ratchet and Wheeljack but in a movie thats suppose to ''look realistick'' I dont think it would make any sense whatsoever!! No, I hope the Dinobots never shows up in the TF movies!! And even if Prime and the Autobots decides to ''create'' them to fight either Devastator or The Fallen it would look silly