My idea for Pretenders returning

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bass X0, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Following on from Titans Return toys having a whole compartment to store the Titan Master figures, new Deluxe Pretenders could basically be an update to Mega Pretenders from the 1980s - armored humans or monstrous beasts transforming into a vehicle mode that can hold a smaller robot inside.

So for example, Deluxe Cloudburst would transform from a armored human into a jet but unlike the old Deluxe Thunderwing, there would be a small Legends Cloudburst sold separately the same cost and bulk as a Titan Master mini figure + mini vehicle that can fit inside (but not completely encased) the Deluxe toy turning the armored human into a robot; the armored human chest and head folding back, down or out to cover up the humanoid limbs with robotic limbs or just become a back-pack. The small figure would form a new chest and head for any Deluxe Pretender, and also have his own simplistic tiny robot and vehicle mode. The smaller figure's vehicle mode can also attach to the Deluxe's vehicle mode to make a larger vehicle mode, but this would be more integrated than attaching a Mini-Con to most larger toys in Armada (unless you attach the mini-figure to someone else obviously). The deluxe toy would be designed around having a compartment in the torso and how the compartment would be filled with a smaller toy and where the cover (human chest and head) for the compartment would go when filled. There would be no compartment when the Deluxe is in vehicle mode.

I'm imagining TR Hardhead's torso back to front with a compartment twice the size with the cover forming the armored human's chest and head. Or the torso can swivel around so that the armored human's chest becomes the robot's back. That's okay too. For imagining the smaller Pretender figure, take Terri-Bull's tank and have it stand on end with arms folded out for the robot mode, with an extra step or two depending on the vehicle mode. Unfold the nosecone of the tank which would be the articulated head for the Deluxe.

Voyager and larger Pretenders would have Scouts (Titans Return cassette size) as their smaller figures which would obviously not be compatible with the Deluxes but follows the same pattern.

*for 'armored human' above, read 'monstrous beast' for Decepticons

2. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

I like this idea. Make it happen!

3. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    here's how i'd do Pretenders. all of the core bots are legends class. then you have the different types of shells at different pricepoints.

deluxe: standard pretenders-clip on armour, stilts, arm extensions. similar to the rid minicon battlepacks, but with the minicon replaced with more armour (and paint). they stand at standard deluxe height with the armour attached

voyager: mega pretenders-fully articulated and transformable (though simple) shells that stand at proper voyager height. hollow chamber in the torso for the core to be stored.

leader: ultra pretenders-same as the voyagers, but with the additional vehicle shells. (which now have base modes)

titan: Grand max. the development cost from not having to engineer a new Titan class figures is passed on to the customer by including a Pretender shell for Grand

i have no idea what to do with the legends or titanmaster class though.

4. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    Or, and call me silly here, just make actual Pretenders, with outer shells that are more posable than the original.

Case closed.

5. Master Disaster

Master Disaster Well-Worn Member

News Credits:
    Scoop's little Targetmasters look a bit like Pretenders. That'll do for now.

6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Good enough for me :) 

7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    My idea would be that they take the IDW concept of Pretenders like what Thunderwing did and make them somewhat like suits of armor that evoke the original G1 shells and you can use parts from them to build your own Pretender figure sort of like a mix and match custom feature.

8. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I hate pretenders

9. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I've been busy customising modern figures as Pretender inner robots.

I hate modern Pretenders mixing the shell with the bot and I also don't to see cheap little Legends figures being used.

What I have customised:

Cybertron Swindle as Landmine.
    Classics Jetfire as Cloudburst
    Titans Return Sentinel Prime with Nucleon as Thunderwing

10. Mixmaster

Mixmaster [Excited quacking]

News Credits:
    Thanks Grouchy Smurf :p 

11. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    But we're all for real dowg !