My Horrific HTS Experience(S)......AVOID HTS AT ALL COSTS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'm having some problems with them, myself. I was going to file a complaint with the BBB, but they want too much information for it to be worth my time.

2. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow that sucks man. im glad i never had that problem.

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    No problems on my end and I've done a lot of business with them. Saves a lot of gas money and they have nice sales. Sorry to hear about the service hassles. Hope you guys get sorted out.

4. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah it's been well documented that HTS has horrible return/refund services.

I've never had to return anything so there have been no problems with HTS and my orders and it's been great thus far.

5. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I only order from HTS when there is a good sale or when they have exclusives that I want. Although I'm kicking myself now, as I thought 20% off with free shipping was good to complete my Universe/Animated line, but seeing the prices on Amazon lately I should have waited.

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I've ordered from HTS on several occasions and never once had a problem. Maybe I'm just lucky.

7. Bluestreak76

Bluestreak76 Well-Known Member

With HTS it seems to be hit or miss. I ordered Sideswipe from them and it was defective, sent it back and got another defective one. I ended up repairing it myself and its fine now but the QC was a bit ridiculous.

8. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've had nothing but smiles from them. Ordered a lot of stuff, cancelled sometimes, but never had to return anything.

I don't know if you called them before you returned it, most places require a return authorization form, that may have been the problem.

9. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

i will never order from them again.

10. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have ordered from HTS over a dozen times. Never had any issues at all. However, I never mess around with pre orders. The huge discounts they offer make it worth the possible issues. I have never ordered something I did not want so I havent had to cancel anything. Honestly if I had any quality or issues with my product I would just wait to see it in stores and switch it out there. If it was the wrong item I would just switch it out at target or something.

11. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, i sent a email on 12/3 to cancel a order for two dragstrips on pre-order...got two emails that my email was received and would be responded to in 24 to 48 hours....then got the nice email a week later saying the order had shipped...but my credit card has not been charged yet...dunno if i want to return them now with this thread about HTS fucking up something as simple as a refund to a credit card...

yeah...

12. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience. I really am.

I said that I'd never order from them, and I fell through on that promise. (just goes to show, never say never.)

I ordered Animated Shockwave from them and it arrived, just fine, in better condition than I hoped, plus it came in four days.

I have no complaints from my experience, the only criticism I can offer is that they might want to kick their tracking system into overdrive. It's a bit slow, but reliable.

13. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    As has been said, I think HTS does well (particularly for their prices with coupons) until you have a problem and need some help from their customer service.

I've returned three items to them on two different occasions. Both never boxes were never scanned into their system as being received. The first time, I called them up and they credited me immediately over the phone.

The second time, they still haven't refunded me and I send it back the last week of August. I've called every two weeks or so since, but keep being told that they need to "gather more information" and that a supervisor will call me back. No call backs ever. Also, no resolution from the multiple "escalations" that have been submitted. It's just two Animated Deluxe figures, but I'm not going to let it go away.

Also, I've noticed that when you call and want to cancel an entire order, occasionally it seems that only part of the order is cancelled. One representative told me that they have to go in and cancel each item separately. I have no idea if that's true, but it would make sense in light of some of the stories here.

Overall, I'll keep ordering from them when they have deals or coupons. Otherwise, particularly living on the west coast, it's not worth it for me to shop there.

14. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, looks like I get to test HTS Customer Service.

after posting THIS MORNING about never having any problems, my order of the new Universe Robot Heroes arrived, with some stupid Star Wars figure instead of Cheetor/Tankor. The other two products arrived correctly.

Well, i guess we'll see how this turns out.