My Horrific HTS Experience(S)......AVOID HTS AT ALL COSTS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Dec 10, 2008.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I just wanted to give everyone here a heads up about TWO horrific situations I've had recently with HTS. I want everyone to be aware of this so no one else has to ever deal with something like this again.

I ordered a Animated Voyager Optimus Prime and returned it because it was defective. All I wanted was a replacement and I still have not recieved my REFUND 4 months later. Here's the experience that I had:

8/14/2008--Placed an order for an Animated Voyager Class Optimus Prime

8/22/08--Recieved order

8/26/08--Sent item back for a replacement because item was defective.

10/1/08--Called Customer service to check on order because I had not recieved replacement. Was told by Scott that a manager would call me back.

10/3/08--Recieved call from manager who told me to "wait a couple more days" and call back the following Tuesday or Wednesday which ws very unprofessional.

10/7/08--Called customer service and was told by Michelle that an escalation would be put in place with the head office and someone would be in contact with me because Hasbro Toy Shop could not find my return.

10/10/08--Representative called me to tell me that my replacement had shipped and I should be recieving it in 7-10 business days.

10/23/08--I called customer service back once again because I still hadn't recieved my replacement item. I was told replacement WAS NEVER SHIPPED even though I was told that it was. Representative opened escalation #### and I was told a manager would call me back.

10/27/08--My wife called to check on the status of this order because a manager never bothered to call us back. She was told a manager would DEFINITELY call us back the next day.

10/28/08--My wife called back late in the day.....a manager never called us back. She was told the money would be refunded as of 10/24/08 because the item was no longer available. We were never notified of the refund on 10/24.

10/29/08--Keith (manager) called me to tell me that the money was definitely being refunded

12/1/08--Called customer Service to find out where my refund was. I was told it was mailed on 11/26/08

12/10/08--Still have not recieved refund check......still not sure why refund check was mailed and not credited back to my credit card.

Ok Here is a totally separate experience:

12/4/08--Cancelled My preorder for two Universe Special Edition Overkills because money is tight and I can no longer afford them.

12/10/08--Recieved email saying my order had shipped. Checked my account online and called customer service. Found out that they still shipped one Overkill from the original order and charged me $20. Spoke to manager and now I have to wait on a 2nd refund even though money is extremely tight. (I was laid off at work.)

Sorry this was so long. I just wanted to make sure that all of my fellow boardmembers see how HTS does business and hopefully you all avoid them at all costs!! It's NOT worth the hassle and aggrivation. Their customer service is PATHETIC.

We all know how well a good store like BBTS would've handled these types of situations. Yeah they charge more but, the stress and aggrivation you get from HTS is worth paying a couple bucks extra at another place.

2. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    damn, I've never ordered from then and now I never will

3. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    Shit, that sucks. Sorry for ya man, hope things get straightened out. I hope they don't screw up my Overkill and Drag Strip order...

4. GrimlockMinor

GrimlockMinor Dinobot

News Credits:
    wow that sucks...

5. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sorry you had this terrible experience. It sucks when you are treated that way.

But I just wanted to point out that I have ordered from HTS almost a dozen times, and have never had a single issue with them.

I only had to call customer service once, and that was to cancel an order for Robot Heroes I was able to grab locally before they were shipping from HTS. That went off without a hitch.

6. Lord Prime S.

Lord Prime S. Well-Known Member

Wow... I am sorry about your order. I can't believe its that difficult for them to process something so simple...

7. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

:confused: I've ordered several times from them, never an issue:confused: 

8. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    I've ordered many, many times and really haven't had any problems. I cancelled an Onslaught, but they still sent it, so I sent it back. I haven't gotten a refund, but I also never got charged for it. I did have to send back a second Silverstreak that was supposed to be Ironhide, but I did get that refunded, though I might call it a 'slow' refund. Those are the most 'horrific' things HTS has done to me.

9. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

That is very unfortunate that you have had this problem. I have not yet had a problem with multiple orders from them, though, and I will continue to order from them.

10. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

Yeah, HTS is tolerable until you have any kind of problem, then it's like pulling teeth to get anything done. I've had at least three experiences just like GrimlockAutobot in my dealings with HTS; an order that never appeared on the website and never shipped but got charged to my card, a multiple-figure order I tried twice to cancel and the phone reps just kept cancelling ONE of the items at a time, and getting the absolute wrong figure two times in a row now. There's probably more if I think really hard about it.

As an e-tailer they are simply riddled with problems -- their online ordering system is flaky, their customer support is incompetent (not to mention often unintelligible), their pre-order and actual availability timelines are always screwed, and the shipping department is a total crapshoot; sometimes you will get your figures well-boxed and pristine, sometimes they arrive looking like they've been fed through a trash compactor.

I'll tell you this much: I ONLY order from HTS when it's something I can't get anywhere else, and when it's on some kind of sale. Otherwise I can't be bothered to put up with their frustrating BS.

11. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I've ordered from HTS numerous times without incident, but I have had more than enough headaches with their awful computer system, shipping speed, and the most god-awful customer service I've ever experienced. Friend of mine went through a nightmare with them, ordered a Bumblebee Screen Battle pack, it came defective, he sends it back, they send a FAB Rescue Ratchet instead of a replacement, he's still out $10, complains again, gets a Legends Onslaught shipped to him. I still dont know if he ever got the pack or if he got his full value back.

12. joevill

joevill Well-Known Member

It sucks to hear you got laid off. I hope your situation improves soon.

13. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    So far I've managed to avoid ever buying directly from them except for the exclusives they do. Outside of those, based on several horror stories I've heard/read, I'll never order from them.

14. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear. I've placed two orders mainly robot heroes and the special editions. Mainly though I stick to BBTS. Hopefully the SE's arrive safely and how they are suppose to.

15. spamo123

spamo123 Artist. Contact me.

I've bought a couple things from HTS over the years and never had any problems. They always came on time (I always chose Standard Shipping). But then again, I never really had to contact them because of a pre-order, to cancel an order, to exchange a wrong item, or about anything particularly complicated. Though I don't really buy from them a lot as I usually buy from actual brick and mortar stores. I usually use them when they have those amazing coupons such as 25% and free shipping. I hope everyone here gets their situation sorted out.

16. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, the consensus seems to be that HTS is fine until there's an issue.

Myself, I have over 15 orders from them this year alone, and everything has went off fine.

Even if there was an issue, unless it was a very large amount of money that I lost, I'd still continue to shop with them because I've saved so much with their coupons.

Hopefully your refund shows up in the mail soon. It's definitely weird that they mailed it instead of just refunded your credit card.

17. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    HTS is awesome with me...

18. muffinhunter

muffinhunter Well-Known Member

Almost every Animated figure I own came from HTS. Toy-hunting is not something I enjoy, so I really like the convenience of ordering from a site you know will get what you're looking for eventually, and for retail prices (plus shipping, obviously). There was a point at which I had to cancel a number of figures, spread out over different orders. I simply e-mailed them the order numbers and which figures I wanted removed, and in every case, it went smoothly. I've never had a problem with them, and will probably continue ordering the majority of my Animated toys from them.

19. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Why order Prime from HTS when he could easily be found in stores? Unless there was a killer deal to be made, I wouldn't bother ordering from HTS unless the toy is a super HTF exclusive.

20. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I avoid online shops in general, but damn. Looks like I really am going to be buying a Nemmy off of someone here.