My gripe about the Bumblebee plot

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by chocula78, Jul 13, 2006.

1. chocula78

chocula78 Satellite Systems Engr TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    In the G1 cartoons, Bumblebee and Spike were ALWAYS getting into trouble. Frankly, it pissed me off because when the Autobots could be building up arms for an attack that had to bail BB's yellow butt out of some predicament.

From the rumblings we have herad ont he internet, Spike and BB will both have huge roles in this film and most of us know that the script says BB is caught by the US gov't. *SHOCKER*:rolleyes2  . So a major chunk of the film will be wasted on rescuing BB, just like the cartoons.

Does anyone else share this opinion?

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I always liked those plots. One of my favorite aspects of the old Transformers show was Bumblebee and Spike's buddy adventures. I mean, yeah, I was a kid, but that's one of my most fond memories of Transformers - Bumblebee and Spike getting into trouble and getting rescued.

3. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    The relationship between BB and Spike is essential in that it acts as a contact point between the formers and the humans. BB may be young and not quite fit in with the rest of the formers so he more relates to the younger human.

Either way this film could be the stepping stone for more, big conflict type sequels.
    This movie will be the first contact that a lot of people have with the transformers, they may not know every little detail and may have not watched the show as a kid, so they won't think that it was typical that Spike and BB always needed rescuing...

4. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

You're OVERLY exaggerating chocula78

Not EVERY plot was Bumblebee being bailed out of trouble.In fact if you recall there were a NUMBER of episodes where Bumblebee and Spike SAVED the Autobots

Just off the top of my head

1)Autobots Attack - Bumblebee saved Prime and reverted him back to his Autobot self

2)Desertion of the Dinobots - Spike and Carly save the Autobots by find Cybertronium

3)Autbot Run - Bumblebee,Spike,Chip and other Autobots help the others regain their transformation capabilities

4)Rebirth - Spike with the Nebulans help restarted the Golden age of Cybertron

5)5 Face of Darkness pt.5 - Spike single handedly unfreezes the Transformers from the Quints device.

There are probably more examples,but as you see Transformers wasn't *as you put it* ALWAYS about the Autobots saving Spike or Bumblebee

And besides the fandom's complaining about not staying true to the G1 source material.The Bumblebee-Spike relationship has been a staple in Generation 1 for years.

5. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    S_c FTW!

6. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Bumblebee and Spike may have gotten into trouble a few times (the 1st space bridge episode, Dinobot Island and being late with a part for Wheeljack's Instant Imobilizer come to mind), but more often than not they did their job alerting the Autobots to Decepticon plots or outright saving the day. I always saw it as "risks of the job" as Bumblebee was technically a spy.

The thing with Bumblebee and Spike is that they contributed much much more to the team than they ever hindered it. Red Alert or Skyfire never had to "stay behind to watch the humans and minibots."

What is annoying are sing-songy characters (Wheelie), kids who only whine about food (Armada) or kids who are better mechanics than adults (Energon). At the very least, Bumblebee and Spike acted in a somewhat believeable manner.

7. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    So you're complaining that the movie is too [/i]close to G1? That's a new one.

8. Shaun_C

QFT :lol 

That is a new one to be honest

Goes to show that no one knows what they expect from this movie :lol 

9. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

I totally dig the character of Bumblebee. He was kind of like a Rat Trap. He had a very refreshing and original personality rather than the cookie cutter personalities of some stronger warriors (Bluestreak, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Smokescreen, etc). You couldn't distinguish any of their more memorable character traits. Bumblebee thrived as a character both because he had his strengths AND his flaws. Only showing the strengths of a character leaves that character decidedly hard to relate to.

10. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

I remember the times when Spike and Hound were close friends...

11. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  12. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it was less annoying than rauel and tracks and powerglide and whatever the name of that bint was

13. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

I liked The Bumbleebee and Spike Buddy relationship. They didn't always get into trouble but that's what it is to be friends.
    It isn't just about the good times. You gotta balance it out with a bit of bad in order to have the good.

14. chocula78

Ebay:
    I think using the Bumblebee and Spike thing for the first movie will allow Bay to focus too much on the human element and this would prevent a large amount of on screen time for the TF.

Starscream will probably fire his agent over this.

15. Shaun_C

Well it is the first movie after all.The general audience needs to get a feel for them.

And the movie does take place place on earth.It's a TAD unrealistic to have a movie take place on earth.But not see a SINGLE human

16. chocula78

Ebay:
    You can have plenty of humans, but does the movie have to revolve around Mikaela and Spike? Remember Pearl Harbor? There's a friggin' world war going on and the three main characters' biggest concern is whose sperm made it to the egg.

17. Shaun_C

Have you already seen the movie?Because that statement you just made sounds like it comes from someone who has SEEN the movie.

Which is impossible since it's not out for a year.So maybe you should try not jumping the gun on this