My girlfriend wants to play w/ my LD Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by KING KONVOY, Oct 20, 2008.

1. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What should I do? Has anyone had this problem? It doesn’t even have to be a LD but something rare or expensive.

2. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Is she hot???

just don't tell her the price or your done.

3. Mastodon

Mastodon Well-Known Member

Tell her NO!

4. Starscream2008

Starscream2008 Megatron sucks!

I would tell her that if she wants to play with your valuable toys, then you can play with her "toys" anywhere, anytime...

It's a test, man, a test. She wants to know if you have her as the top priority instead of your $1500 plastic chunk. Let her play with it(but only for a short time, and watch her like a hawk). This will get you severe amounts of brownie points, and something to hold over her ad infinitum. (Trust me)

I would also warn her of the value certainly, and tell her that if she breaks it, then no going out, no gifts, no nothing until you are able to get a new one(if at all possible). She should take priority, but not for that kind of money lol

5. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Tell her they were gifts from a now deceased relative that you had a special bond with and you'd rather not move them from the shelf.

6. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Tell her no. Nuff said.

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Blimey. If you play with them at all, then I'd let her possibly, but point out the price as a warning. Most people will think twice about messing with something that expensive, just in case.
    If you literally just have it as a display piece, then I'd go with a pretty straight no. You could tell her the price, but basically point out that those fellas aren't for playing with, even by you.

8. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:

agreed

9. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

just remember, girlfriends may come ago, but transformers will last a lifetime. bet on the sure thing man lol

10. KING KONVOY

News Credits:
    Dude you have no idea!

I made her put on plastic gloves. As soon as she saw pioneer convoy and silver TM megs she wanted to grab them. I guess they are too shiny.

I watched her closely. She wanted to bite the silver to see if it was real. No joke. And no she's not crazy!

She thinks that you all are mean.

11. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Let her know the price to replace it, and that you take that very seriously. If she's still a go, then let her handle it.

12. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^ what he said. In fact exagerate the price a bit, nothing outragous, just add another 20% to what you paid for it to help drive the point home that LD's aren't your typical toy from Walmart.

13. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Can someone please explain what LD stands for? I'm sure that L is Limited...

14. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Lucky Draw. Limited release transformers given away by Takara/TakaraTomy because they can.

15. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

What the hell? Is she a bird? My cockatiels go crazy for shiny objects..but even they show some reservation.

...and, really?? lol She wanted to bite the silver to SEE if it was real? How would biting it let her know it's real? Is she making you say she's not crazy? Also My girlfriend wants to know how old this girl is.

16. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Oh, I see. Thank you for pointing that out.

But yeah, don't go too crazy protecting your transformers, just casually explain to her why they're so valuable and maybe that will spark some interest in her.

17. KING KONVOY

News Credits:

You gotta calm down. She was definitely trying to test my priorities and see how far I let her go. To see how much I love her. Of course she is my priority. We've been together for almost 4 years and she is my future wife. She is a 22 year old grad student. (I'm 23 and work in corporate America). She is very intelligent and beautiful person in so many ways. She was being playful and a little serious at the same time. She allows me to be myself and is incredibly understanding of my hobby. So even though her request to play with them is outlandish, I know she will show restrain and respect them though I still have to watch her. If we ever had money troubles then I'd sell them to raise money. She's way more important.

As far the biting, you know when people bite rare coins to see if its real. It was along those lines but of course I said no and realize that she's not being that serious.

18. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I know this is mostly a joke, but just so you know, you don't bite silver to know if it's real. The reason people bite coins in old movies and stuff is to see if it's made of real GOLD.

Gold is a very soft metal, so if the actual pure gold content of a coin is high enough, you might be able to theoretically bend it or leave an impression on it with your teeth. Those money-biters are checking to see if the metal is soft enough to be real gold.

Just sayin' :) 

zmog

19. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

You've got guts, I'll give you that. Were it me? Not a chance. Hell, she wouldn't even know if they existed. Sorry, but that's just how it is when they cost astronomical amounts, and they're next to impossible to replace. (I'm sure a fellow collector could be persuaded for the right price, but you'd have foreclose on your home, most likely. lol)

I'm sorry, some boundaries aren't crossed, and if she truly cares, she'd know not to even ask.

20. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If that's the case then let her, She isn't a child and wont break it/any. Just trust her :thumbs2: