My girl says that my collection scares her at night!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by YoungPrime, Jan 14, 2012.

1. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have Unicron, Primus, Trypticon, Metroplex, Omega and Scorponok siting on top of my armoire in the bedroom. But my girl hates them. She says at night their silhouettes creep her out.

Plus I have a multitude of Decepticons on my side of the dresser, so when I turn on the lamp next to them it really sets off the pipe lighting in their eye's and she really hates that. So it got me to wondering....

Do Transformer's really bring on that "Demonic Toy Vibe" that Puppets, toy clowns, china dolls and monkey with banging cymbals do? Since Childhood I've always thought of transformers simply as "kick ass toys"

Plus I don't feel that I carry that stereotypical persona that most classic toy collectors tend to have. But then none them have a Decepticon tattoo on their arm so who am I to judge right?

So do you guys catch a lot of slack for you collections?

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Your girl is taking the first step in packing away your Transformers lol.

The girl I'm dating now gets turned on by my inner geek because she didn't know I was one( I don't show my geek externally). Because of that she has become an enabler and encourages my purchases because "they make ME happy". I'm sure this is only because the relationship is new, I can't picture too many woman encouraging a 1000+ and growing constantly collection lol.

Back to you, I'm joking about your girl. Personally I would take them out of the room anyway, I don't like making my den o' sex the same as my den o' plastic crack.

3. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Sapienbot

News Credits:
    Fully agreed with this. My girl and I rent a two bedroom so that we have our sleeping/sexing room and our office/nerding room. I only keep one Transformer out in the living/dining area of the house and that is 20th Anniversary Masterpiece Prime.

I suggest surprising her by finding a better spot for your displays that she would feel more comfortable with.

4. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Look at it from her point of view and be glad she doesn't collect My Little Pony? Because a large collection of those starring at me in the night would scare me.

I agree with Transbot, not looking like a traditional nerd helps a lot (lot's of gym!), and definitely having a bed-room separate to your toy room helps. I moved to Brighton for work last year and I don't think my girl was worried about me cheating, as I only had one room to live, sleep and hoard toys, and even though I was only there a year my collection grew to about 200 before re-uniting with my collection, so no chance of bringing any girls back there!

5. Starfire22

Starfire22 Zoot Suit Riot

News Credits:
    Seeing as how this isn't general discussion I'll cut you some slack.

Back to the matter at hand, is there any place (in the house) to put your collection?

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Indeed, those eyes are souless.

7. Starfire22

News Credits:
    But think about it if she did though, pinkie pie could use her stare to convince the OP's girlfriend to let him keep his collection in the room. :lol 

8. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah in a large bin in the basement like the rest. (Transformers, G.I. Joe, Nerf guns)

9. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If that is the case,since she is creep out by your collection,i think it is time for you to hide your collection in case you lose your girl.

10. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Depending on the girl. If it genuinely creeps her out, then sure, I guess. If it's a way to get rid of the collection, that's a Bad Sign. I've seen too many guys change their ways for a girl only to regret it later. If your S.O. wants you to compromise on things, and is willing to make compromises of her own, that's healthy. If your S.O. wants you to change who you are (and especially if there's no sign of reciprocation) it's time to get out. It will never stop. It will never get better. It will never make either of you happy. Hopefully that's not the case here, but it happens often enough to be worth mentioning.

11. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    That's one way of looking at it. If there's no ring on that finger or kid in the oven, I'd say it's time to lose the girlfriend so you don't have to hide the collection.

12. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only eerie toy I've had on my shelves was a stormtrooper who for some reason wasn't facing forward like everyone else, instead he was looking right at me. All. the. time. :crazy: 

Keep her.
    And yeah I agree, no toys in the bedroom.

Well, no kids toys anyway :thumbs2: 

13. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Yes. be very weary of this. We obviously don't know a thing about your relationship but make a note of this. For any S.O. that does this, it is not about the toys, it could be anything, what you eat, who your friends are, the way you dress, its just about control. People need to love you for who you are or your relationship will eventually fail no matter what you do.

I'm not saying this is your case, she might genuinely be afraid of those things at night. But heed the words of Flamepather just in case.

14. mikenoynoy

mikenoynoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I love my bots. I love how they look back at me. What's a sexing room anyways?

15. Starfire22

News Credits:
    It is what it is.

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Thanx for the LOL.

17. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I think the fact that she put up with them in the bedroom for as long as she did makes her a keeper! :) 

I have most of my collection surrounding my desk, and my wife has asked why it doesn't bother me having all those little pairs of eyes staring at me. I hadn't thought of it that way before.

18. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

It's a room where you determine whether animals are male or female.

19. seraph

seraph Member

Really late Fix'd.

20. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Get the toys out of the bedroom. If I were in the same position and say she collected Barbies or MLP, I too would be creeped the fuck out.