My gears have been ground!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rumble02, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

So I am continuing to lose faith in humanity. I live in Amarillo TX and we just had a massive snow storm. So since My kids were with grandma (120 mile trip) and i was unable to pick them up i decided to take my four wheel drive and try to help people out for the day by pulling their cars out of ditches or helping them get back on the road when they got stuck. Im not trying to toot my own horn, I was just trying to do what i would like done for me if i am ever in that situation. Well all i wanted from this was a thank you or a smile, which most people gave. Then i find some others decide to do the same thing, but they will only help if the driver gives them Cash. and i dont mean a buck or two. they were asking for fifty bucks a car. THIS IS BULL CRAP to do that to someone in my opinion. We are all people and bad things happen. It should come naturallly that we help out. Why cant people just do the right thing without expecting payment. So thank you to those who gave me the honor of helping them today, and screw the folks who think this is a good way to pick up some weekend cash. Just help your fellow humans out. Thank you for allowing me to vent.

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I hate to be a drag, but this is just the nature of people. Always has been and always will be. :::Begin sarcastic Marxist rant::: Blame the system of money that turns people into greedy bastards that want to make a buck out of everything and nothing:::End sarcastic Marxist rant::: I know you gotta rant and all....

3. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

The Snow Storm was bad for you too, eh?
    how are the kids?

i rather not say anything about people.

4. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

Wow, those are some douchebags right there. Yes, I understand people are selfish by nature, wanting to be paid for helping others, however, is just bullcrap.

5. smkspy

No, it's capitalism.

6. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

That's life.

7. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    It's not just money. If there was no money, we would barter food/livestock that we grow/raise ourselves. So these guys would want chickens instead of $50. The problem is with the people, not the money. It's a 3 letter word I can't say on the boards, but it has infected us all. It's why people do these things.

8. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man...it hit my area pretty bad also

...I was planning to go to the Autoshow

9. smkspy

I was making a joke, dude. Though I do agree with you, the problem is with people since they invented everything in yours and my statement. Social constructs, the answer to every question about life.

10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    greed plain and simple

11. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They were just really poor and desperately needed money to buy some xmas presents ya selfish jerk!

No different to having a job really. Just because you'll do something for free doesn't mean that EVERYONE ELSE has to and you can get all self righteous if they don't.

Man I can't believe AAA charges you to tow a car or fix a breakdown! They should do it out of the kindness of their hearts like that one time I pulled over and helped someone with a jumpstart.

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

That is pretty lame though. A tow service I can understand, but when it comes down to just being a good citizen, cashing in on natural disaster victims seems pretty dirty.

Just don't slide off the road if your broke. Bring some cash if the roads are icy, just to be safe. lulz

13. smkspy

It happens after every Hurricane here. Always some asshole selling $5 bottles of water or $10 bags of ice. Oh and then all the "landscapers" and "contractors" that magically come out the woodwork.

14. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Good for you. At least you know that you did the right thing. During a big snow storm in December in my area there was a few people helping out and a few people charging. I kinda thought that it was a bit crass, but given that people were paying for it I guess it made sense. Mind you, these weren't people stranded on the side of the road...

15. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Here where I live in Michigan, hardly anyone ever stops and helps you out when you're stuck on the road; you practically have to call a tow truck if your vehicle gets stuck and such.

There have been a few times in the past that we helped somebody out on the road when they got stuck, especially on the road in front of our farm, and they are grateful for us doing so.

I hear you on being angry that people do this sort of thing for money, but there's not much you can do about it. It's not like in the "Good Old Days" where people were always willing to help each other, be it friends or strangers.

Just be proud of you helping out those who needed it and were given proper thanks for doing so.

16. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Almost the same here, but its after a hailstorm, everybody is a professional roofing contractor then, but like he says, he wanted to help people, not rip them off, though I haven't needed a tow lately, but I'd imagine its at least that much these days if not more..but I get what you're saying..not too many good samaritans anymore...unless its something like Haiti, most people are more charitable during a complete disaster like that...:thumb 

17. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's Capitalism for ya'.

18. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Your a good samaritan, I applaud you. However, you were doing something that other dudes make a living doing. It's kind of no different than paying dudes to plow your driveway.

19. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Meema's law prevails.

20. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

during the big storm up here *see Team Jetfire's post, same city* Our own city were a bunch of dicks about it as well. If you owned Snow removal equipment, you were NOT allowed to use it on the roads to clear a path so you could get to work, or to help everybody else get to work. There were 2 city buses abandoned on my street for 5 days, and the city did nothing.

Now, all you got to remember is... 85% of people are greedy scum. And then the rest are too nice (Like us :) )