My G1 Bumblebee story...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Jan 12, 2012.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

When I was 4 I had a G1 Bumblebee and my brother had Jazz. These were the only Transformers I can actually remember having from G1.

For years I have been wandering why pictures of the original Bumblebee toy were not consistent with how I remembered him. I thought maybe I'm just remembering it wrong.

The one I remember having is more like the Pretender version of the mold but I never had a Pretender shell so I thought that couldn't be the one I had I still must be remembering it wrong.

Perhaps I had seen the Pretender before and just confused the two toys, I was after all only 4 years old at the time and until Beast Wars came to remind me I forgot Transformers even existed.

Today I found this bit of information...

The Bumblebee I had was the pretender K-Mart exclusive without the shell. That's why I remember the mold but not the shell. Now knowing that it was a store exclusive it kinda sucks that much more knowing that I lost it when I was 4. :(  I need a time machine!

2. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    Huh... that's one of the bb's that I picked up in an ebay lot a long while back in 2003 I think... Don't want to get rid of it at the moment but if I ever do I'll PM you first to see if you're intrested

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
  4. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't remember it being exclusive but I do remember there being tons of them (not just bb but others as well). I bought one in 2002, sealed, for 10 bucks at a toy convention in Orlando.