My friends review on Transformers Revenge of The Fallen

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sithknight1001, May 7, 2011.

1. Sithknight1001

Sithknight1001 The "Fallen-er" Fallen

Ok so my "friend" thinks that sucks.He came up with 32 reasons(don't know why)on why it sucks

I would've said everything else but that wouldn't make me a very good reviewer so therefore I will name the flaws in this abomination so you'll endure the same pain that I did watching it
    1)The camera angles are so atrocious that Michael bay can't keep the camera still for one second
    2)The story is so HORRIBLE that I will describe it in a few words:Noise, Megan, explosion, inappropriate joke, racism, random explosion, another random explosion, some more noise, a 3 minute battle, VERY horrible screenplay and then credits, oh and also we get to see devastators wrecking balls that are coincidentally placed in between his legs, um...
    3)The joke's are so immature that a few times I was laughing at there idiocracy
    4)They beat jar jar binks for the most racist and immature character or rather character's in a film
    5)The character development in this film's AWFUL you don't care that optimus's dead or if Sam's dead
    6)The chemistry between mikela and Sam's so bad that they feel more like they're siblings rather than love interest's
    7)Whenever there's a fight scene they always zoom at the wrong places i.e.:someone gets hit in the face they super ultra zoom to their foot
    8)There are some very disturbing things in this film like a vulgar scene in which two dogs do something in a dog house
    9)The cinematography is so godawful
    10)The actors know how bad the film is that they don't evan act, they just read lines of a sheet of paper
    11)The screenplay is unbearable
    12)The characters are VERY unlikable especially Sam's roommate
    13)Megan Fox literally sleeps in the film
    14)The robot designs are so badly drawn they look like bugs
    15)The decepticons are all grey so you won't be able to differentiate who from who
    16)The characteristics of each robot are so dull and uninteresting
    17)To top that off every autobot has the same personality and train of thought (save everyone) and the same goes for the decepticons (kill everyone) and that's the only piece of personality these 1D characters have
    18)Same goes for the humans (we don't want to die)
    19)The art design of this film's so bad it prevents the effects from being enjoyable
    20)They do so much hype in this film "the final battle will be epic" when it's only 3 minutes long
    21)The scene in which optimus dies you don't care at all
    22)To revive Optimus they need bits of the al-spark so they go to a hunt to the ends the earth when Mikela apparently had a piece in her handbag
    23)The scene in which Optimus says something similar to "we stand together" the battle that takes place after that they all leave Optimus to die
    24)Every emotional scene that happens in this film FAILS
    25)They show devastators balls
    26)In the scene where Sam admits he loves Mikela the camera spins 360 twice which ruins all emotion in that scene
    27)Jet-fires pretty annoying
    28)All sound-wave does is float in space
    29)Why did they need to find the Hero Matrix if the All-spark fragement could bring Optimus back to life?
    30)Wheelies is so annoying and unlikable you want to kill him
    31)The film keeps changing what type of film it wants to be, at times it's a dark movie about death so you think it's an adult film, at others it's a very racist comedy, at others it's just plain violence that, due to the camera work, you can't evan properly see
    32)Their was no purpose for the begining

If you agree with this I hate you(not really).
    Tell me what you agree with and what you disagree with.

2. Sithknight1001

I majorly disagree with 30.I loved Wheelie in this movie.

3. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    All seems legit, aside from 20.

Does he mean the entire Egypt battle, or the Fallen/Optimus fight? If it's the former, he's wrong. I figured it'd go on forever. If it's the latter, wrong again! It's lasted about .0954 seconds.

Fallen: Bah, I'm evil.
    Optimus: Quit playing, gimme your face.
    Fallen: Okay.

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Mostly somewhat right.

You cannot, HOWEVER, critize the movie's art, being your friend or not, he is damn wrong, just. plain. WRONG at critizing the art of these movies, I will not say why, I will just say: He's wrong.

Your friend has mental problems, I take it? I mean, how could he NOT like Jetfire? Old man filled with pure and contrieved awesomeness?

Also, he has the trouble most ROTF critics have: He goes overboard: every single grain of sand is wrong, EVERY step the movie took, every design, every scene, every line, every fucking piece of the sky is wrong.

For example...

He is literally complaining that Autobots are the good guys and 'Cons are the bad guys.
    I mean...really?

It's like watching Die Hard and saying the movie sucks because all terrorist want the same thing [money].

Was your friend expecting the humans to be what, "Please, mighty Decepticons, MURDER THE SHIT OUT OF US"?

Ah..What?

Come again? The beginning showed us who was The Fallen, the Government alliance with the 'Bots, the 'Cons mobilizing, military's interation with the Robots and etcetera

The beginning was pretty important.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Most of these complaints are vague, unsupported, shallow and/or poorly worded. That being said, most are perfectly valid, and I agree with more than a few of them, though I'd probably have worded them much differently.

6. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    :lol 

7. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    1) Disagree
    2) Disagree
    3) Agree
    4) Disagree
    5) Disagree
    6) Dis
    7) Dis
    8) Agree
    9) Dis
    10) Dis
    11) Dis
    12) Dis
    13) Dis
    14) Somewhat agree
    15) Somewhat agree
    16) Unfair- haven't really developed much characteristics for most of the robots
    17) Disagree
    18) Dis
    19) Dis
    20) Dis
    21) Dis
    22) Agree
    23) ?
    24) Disagree
    25) Agree
    26) Disagree
    27) Dis
    28) Agree- not only that, but he humps satelites
    29) Agree
    30) Somewhat disagree
    31) Disagree
    32) Disagree

I think ROTF is too sophisticated for your friend; perhaps he should stick with HERBIE movies.

8. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    this

9. ElectricPrada09

News Credits:
    Just out of curiosity, what was the point of this thread? It's generally understood that ROTF had it's flaws. Even the director himself has admitted it. Why don't we just move on, stick with DOTM now and hope for what is looking like the best out of the three?

10. Sithknight1001

Just to point out the stupidst reasons why people hate ROTF and how that is going to make DOTM the same or totaly opostie of it.

11. ElectricPrada09

News Credits:
    :confused2 

12. Sithknight1001

Thats what I thought the first time he said this.I was like,"The Autobots and Decepticons and the good guys and bad guys.They will all do the same thing.
    And with the human thing...like...I have no idea what to say to that.If there was a giant robot destroying everything I would be like,"Oh shit run I don't want to die!" not,"Hey just kill me now...let the movie end faster.Just drop a nuke bomb thing that will destroy everything." I still think thsese are the stupidest reasons.

13. Sithknight1001

The whole Egypt fight I think.If it was the fight with The Fallen and Optimus I think he would have complained more about the fact that Optimus was too powerfull and killed everyone in .1 seconds.

14. Sithknight1001

And also because he is still going on about this to this day.He adds more everytime we get news about DOTM

15. The Swordsman

The Swordsman The REAL hero of Hyrule

News Credits:
    More or less this. I don't really understand why people treat RotF like this immense, unforgivable crime against modern cinema. It's just a big, goofy action movie, it hasn't killed anyone and it's not bringing about the Moviepocalypse, so personally I don't feel it deserves the scorn it receives (Twilight on the other hand...).

Are you serious? He's still complaining about it after two years? :banghead:  This guy needs to sleep with someone.

16. cnic

cnic Decepticon

They did not know at the time that it could? And they used their piece to re-activate Jetfire. Did your friend not watch the movie?Sure,it wasn't Oscar worthy, but they did a decent job considering the writer's strike and all that happened during this movie.

17. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

[​IMG]

Some of the robots looked like bugs? Um...well, I have news for him - SOME OF THEM WERE. One was blatantly named INSECTICON.

18. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And a partridge in a pear tree.

19. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Yes, your "friend"...

20. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Take him to see DOTM and don't spoil it for him: He'll have to eat his words lol