My friend needs girl advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Soundblaster1, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    And by "friend," I honest to God mean he's my FRIEND. Not me.

To keep this short:
    My friend likes a certain girl
    He's known her about a year
    They're really good friends
    The girl in question is dating a guy 2 years older than us
    And last, she's hot.

Anyways, I told my friend he should at least tell her how he feels. If anything, she isnt happy with the relationship she's in and she'll go out with him. And I mentioned that an "I would, but I'm already seeing someone" is better than a "No." I also told him to play dumb.

He says no.

Any opinions?

Note: He really is my friend, and NOT me. He also told me to post this here. He's a lurker that may sign up sometime in the near future.
    I put this in the GD hoping to get more serious responses. If this does get fuzzied, Jiggles, consider yourself warned. No pics. kthnx

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    That sounds like a threat to me. And since when can Jiggles fuzzy stuff?

EDIT: Oh wait, you mean if it gets fuzzied you don't want Jiggles posting pics. Good luck with that.

As for your friend, it sounds like he's looking for some magical solution that we can provide, other than the obvious one you already gave him.

It also sounds like he's already relegated into the "friend zone". Poor bastard.

My only and best advice is to wait for her to break up with her current boyfriend, get her and your friend sloppy drunk, and lock them in a room. That may do it. It helped break me out of the "friend zone" once.

3. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

First of all, what your friend wants to do is not impossible. My friend, through weeks of talking to a girl who's got a bf at the time, convinced her he's the right man for her and she ended up dumping him to be with my friend. But he's a smooth talker, persuasive, and he understands girl to a degree where he can get her to respond in a positive way by the way he talks to her. So unless your friend can do that I doubt he can get her to break up with her bf to be with him. And it looks like he's fallen into that "friend" trap and that girl may not see herself with him...ever. Best thing he can do is doing sweet, romantic thing to her but not in an obvious manner to her from time to time, befriends with her girlfriends and asks them to help him, and be there for her in times of need. Eventually she'll realize what a great guy he is and when she breaks up she'll come to him. Best thing for him to do though is find some other girl for now, maybe a equally hot chick. She'll see how desirable he is to other females and it'd make her jealous.

4. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's far from impossible.

Hell, when I met the woman who is now my wife we quickly became friends. We became good friends (no, not friends w/ benefits). She was engaged at the time so I really had a hard time w/ my feelings. I couldn't take it anymore and eventually told her exactly how I felt. She disappeared for like 2 1/2 days before talking to me again. She needed to sort things out and get her own thoughts / feelings in order.

Clearly, she left the guy she was with (who was pissing her off anyway) and decided to date me. We stayed great friends even as we dated. Hell, we have stayed best friends through the 4 years we have been married!

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Introduce her to you other friend, Mr Vodka

6. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    I actually have that same dilemma. If you know of a sure-fire solution, please let me know!

See, If I tell my friend how I feel, he is sure to just be pissed off or go all awkward and never speak to me again. :(  Or, his girl might find out and come after me all psycho!like and restraining orders have proven not bo be so effective round here :p 

At least while I say nothing, we are still friends.

7. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Tell her...

She is not married, but dating. But be forewarned if he tells her and she doesn't react well the whole relationship my be done. Is he willing to risk the friendship?

8. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Is she still trying to make her current relationship work? A girl tried to step in once while I was attempting to salvage a relationship that was important to me, and I definitely didn't appreciate it. The would-be interloper was a friend of mine at the time, but now we will probably never speak to each other again.

If it's just a rough spot in a relationship that might improve, your friend won't be doing this girl any favors by trying to poach. If the relationship is doomed on its own merits, then your friend is probably better off waiting for the current relationship to fail.

9. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He's got no chance. But there are a few things he can do.

1) Is her boyfriend a moron? If yes, proceed.

2) Use his trusted friend status to plant the seeds of doubt and mistrust about the boyfriend. This is a subtle and difficult task to do, so be careful.

3) Wait in the shadows for them to split.

4) Comfort her and score on the rebound, or give her a bit of space to recover and then swoop in.

HOWEVER, he runs a serious risk of falling too far into the friend zone - a place that men rarely return from.

10. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Tell your friend to whip it out and show it to her, and if she turns away to smack her in the face with it.

11. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Isn't that against the "Guy Code"?

Never go for another man's girl if they're dating/crushing.

Amirite?

12. Shade (copy 4)

Shade (copy 4) Member

... And this is why I just tell people how I feel and then face the consequnces. I'm still friends with alot of people I'm attracted to. And I'm still attracted to them and they know it. But we're still friends and talk and do other random, hyper things. >>

Though, at current, this one friend of mine... She's the only person I can never let go out of my life. Yeah, I've told her. She knows it, how I feel, etc. I've told her everything. I've been up front. And we're still friends and still gonna be friends... And it's not awkward.

Oh. That's right... I'm not a guy to a girl. I'm a girl to a girl. >>; It's kind of different territory there...

*Shrugs.* Not much I can say, dude. Don't exactly know what it is to be a guy that gets stuck as a friend...

Though I will say this... This one guy that liked me decided he should make up a chick and pretend to be her. And then go out with me through her... Though sontantly tried to make her go away when he realized I wasn't going to give up on the whole meeting her irl thing. Eventually I confronted him about it as I had suspected that's how it was...

So, um... Yeah. Don't do that. Ever. o_o It does nobody any good... And it furthered my distaste of the male gender, specifically more around those I consider to be "men." >_>;

No. It's more "bros before hos." >> You don't go out with a FRIEND'S girl... (Including family like actual blood relatives, I think.) Another guy who aint your friend or nothing is fair game.

13. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Sorry I forgot I am not sharing person info with u guys anymore.

14. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    that's your solution for everything!

:lol 

15. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    well, he is in tech support.

16. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Unless she comes to him, she's off limits. The way I've looked at it (and in a way, experienced it), if they come to you, no problem. But you can't go after a taken girl. That's just not right. Now, if they come to you, it means they were going to wander anyway, and then it's okay to proceed.

So, if she's with someone, telling her is a no-win situation. If she's not happy in the relationship, she'll eventually get out of it or come looking, in which case she's fair game. If she IS happy in the relationship, well then absolutely no good can come from it. She's happy, and doing that will only make things awkward.

Telling her is a stupid move on his part. He should shut up, enjoy what he's got, and wait out her relationship.

17. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

I say your friend should just give up. No reason to even try, especially in a situation like that. Females never feel the same way, etcetera etcetera...

18. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Don't tell her unless you get a "vibe" from her.

Look, face the facts buddy boy, when are a FRIEND you are a FRIEND. Telling the girl is only going to make things ackward and ruin the friendship. So here's what you do...

Option 1: If you get a "vibe" from her that she is interested in something romantic with you, go for it. But your not getting that vibe, so go with option 2.

Option 2: Wear her out. What do I mean? Just be yourself, forget about having a romantic relationship with her. Just be friends. In time, she'll be charmed by your personality and she'll eventually crumble and be yours. This takes time. And there is no gauranteeds. But this is your only option.

I've captured a lot of hearts with option 2. But you gotta be patient and you can't be obsessive or thinking about the girl the whole time. FORGET ABOUT HER. If she really wants you, she'll come to you. You'll get the vive.

Right now your are a FRIEND. That's it. And if she really does dig you but hides it, well then she's a STUPID @#$%.

19. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Looks like someone has a bitter history.

I've had great success with women. Lately, my problem is indeed women who don't feel the same way - they're far too attached to me, and I want nothing to do with a solid relationship.

At any rate, you just have to know when to play the cards you have, and just as importantly, HOW to play them.

20. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I suggest a slightly more subtle approach (though, DC's advice has been known to work from time to time, unless you got a small tool).

1) It's been said already but can never be said enough: The last thing you want to be is some chick's friend...at least up front...so, it can wait till later. She'll decide whether your gettin' the goods very shortly after meeting her and will probably never think of you as boyfriend material if you're just the nice guy that let's her complain about her current guy.

2) Does she wear sunglasses? If so, fuhgetaboutit, she can't be trusted.

3) Play hard to get and act like you don't need her affection...don't be a prick, but don't slobber all over her either

4) This goes hand in hand with #3...Be confident. I'm seen some pretty confident slobs with some hot chicks in my day...that shit just works

5) Be the man's man that every other guy looks up to and wants to be like...but again...don't be a prick and don't be conceited

Soon she'll be powerless to resist the virile force of manhood that you project to all around you.

And if all that BS don't work? Take DC's advice...at least you'll get the last laugh.