my free software gift to fellow tf fans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by robertj1138, Sep 17, 2006.

1. robertj1138

robertj1138 MiniconCommander

I am putting this thread in the general non-tf discussion because it really isn't tf related, but I wrote a piece of software to try to help everyone save a few bucks. I am not selling it, so it is free. (Like everything else, though, donations are always appreciated). If anyone wants it, I posted a link to it on my blog. It honestly started out as a request from the wife, and I figured if anyone else wants to use it, what could it hurt. It's for tracking how much you spend on groceries. You start off by putting in a list of all the groceries you buy on the left, selecting which groceries you are going to buy this time and moving them over to the purchase side and then it tallies everything up for you. When done, print the list and it gives a pretty accurate estimate of how much groceries are going to be. That way you know how much you can budget for other things, like TF's. :) 

My Blog

edited to fix rambling

2. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Que?

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    ... calculator?

4. robertj1138

robertj1138 MiniconCommander

..kinda, but this way you can keep track of the prices of what you buy and not have to look at 10 different receipts to figure out how much everything is. Then it totals everything up, prints out a list with prices and an estimate. Just a way to gather information and keep it in one place.

5. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

I manage a Grocery store.

Prices change all the time anyways, so it's not really a big help in budget planning. I think most people just go and say "I've got 50 bucks to spend on groceries" and spend spend spend until they hit their mark.

6. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

while some may not have a use for it, I'd at least like to thank you for the nice gesture. :)