My Fort Max needs help!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by matrixprime, Jul 19, 2009.

1. matrixprime

matrixprime AJ's Toy Chest Owner

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While cleaning my room today I noticed that the whites and greys on my Fortress Maximus has started to discolor. The while is yellowing and and it looks like the grey is as well. I've been slowly pieceing him together for a few years now, and while I haven't spent ebay prices for him I don't want it to be in vain either. What I'm asking for is suggestions or rather solutions to my problem.

I had heard from a couple guys at Botcon that they actually succeded in using bleach and changed yellow plastic to white. Does this actually work?

There was an article on Seibertron that talked about some new chemical that could be made that would bleach plastic called, I believe, "retrobrite", but I am not sure if I want to put something like that on Fort Max.

If the bleaching works on the white plastic, thats all fine and dandy, but what will help the grey discoloration.

Thanks for the help guys!

2. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

I think it was a peroxcide solution that people were using. There's a thread around somewhere about it, and what percentage to use and all. The pics seemed to indicate it worked really well, but I've never tried it.

Good luck. Fort Max is awesome!!

3. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
  4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    you think yours has problems, mine is HEADLESS!!!!

:lolol  man i hope you the best and i hope mine stays unyellowed