My FLOOD of NOSTALGIA !

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CETERUS PRIME, Dec 26, 2010.

1. CETERUS PRIME

CETERUS PRIME Well-Known Member

What a Christmas Gift I received today ! First off, a little background story to describe why I was so surprised. About 15 years ago, my parents, amongst many home owners in our area, suffered extreme loss due to heavy rains causing major flooding. We had over 3 feet of water in our basement, and we lost a LOT of valuables, things that could not be replaced. Luckily, my father stowed away a box of my toys high enough out of the way to avoid damage, however, I didn't know this until today ! My girlfriend and I went up to visit and take in some of my mothers incredible cooking, and afterwards, they presented me with several large bags filled with items wrapped in gift tissue. I had no idea what these things were ! As you can imagine my curiosity, I began to open them, one by one. I ended up with 25 complete G1 Transformers from my original collection when I was about 10 years old. I couldn't believe what I was looking at and holding in my hands ! They even had all the weapons and accessories packaged in seperate bags. Some of the figures I remembered right away, but some of them, I couldn't even recall my parents buying them for me. Man, how time flies ! It was an incredible feeling, and surely my best present this year. Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone ! Take a look at my haul and tell me what ya think :D 

Attached Files:

2. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

What do I think? Well, I hate your guts for one thing, and I'm probably going to rob your house for those toys. Merry Christmas!

3. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL, seriously.

Thanks for ruining Christmas, Ceterus.

4. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    ^:lol 

Well they've gone and did a great thing for ya man. That's a spectacular haul and one helluva nice surprise.

5. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    awesome rehaul, you had some nice pieces as a kid

6. darkunor

darkunor Banned

How did they manage to keep this a secret from you for so long? Did you not make an effort to look for them after the flood?

7. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

Wow! What a fabulous haul! Thats amazing how well thru kept over the years. That was also very thoughtful of your dad to store them away from possible flooding. Merry Christmas!

8. CETERUS PRIME

To be honest with you, I didn't really think of them up until the last few years. I was at work when the flood happened 15 years ago, and I was 21 years old at the time. All I had on my mind for years after TFs was girls:drool: , snowboarding, motorcycles, and snowmobiles, basically anything with a motor in it, or something for an adrenaline rush ! :D  The day after the flood, a group of men who were sent to our house by the insurance company stopped by and just started working on fixing things up. My father was away working, so it was just myself and my mother at home, and I worked different shifts, so it was almost impossible for us to do the work ourselves. And as if the flood wasn't bad enough, these workers were crooks and stole a ton of my fathers fishing equipment, bricklaying tools, my old hockey cards, and whatever they thought was still valuable, but they never found my box of TF's. It was actually my girlfriends idea for my parents to look for them and give them to me today. My parents always said they wished they had some of their toys when they were kids, so I guess this was their way of redeeming themselves. I'm a lucky guy !

9. darkunor

darkunor Banned

Cool story, I guess you're a lucky guy indeed, Merry Christmas!

10. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    wow!

man i wish i had stories like this :p 

11. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I just hope you hadn't bought any of those figures again in the meantime considering how expensive they are on Ebay. I would be jealous except I have most of them myself. ey wait, I forked out bags of money for mine! Anyway, nice one.

12. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I see what you did there in that title... Hehe.

13. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

so question; have you tested shockwave yet? :lol 

14. CETERUS PRIME

HAHA, I can feel the love ! :lol 

15. CETERUS PRIME

I actually bought some reissues and KO's to bring back the memories, but having some of my G1 collection back is what's most important ! I bought KO Shockwave, KO Devastator, SDCC Blaster, and SDCC Soundwave this past year.

Ya like that, eh ? :thumbs2: 

Yup ! He works perfect !!! Both sound effects are LOUD and CLEAR, and the rubber hose looks brand new ! He and Blaster are in the best condition of them all, I'd say a 9/10. I haven't opened my SDCC Blaster yet, but as far as I can tell, they look the same. My G1 Blaster seems to have a stuck cassette door, but other than that, you'd never know it was used. Comparing my G1 Shockwave to the KO, the only difference I can see is in Shockwave's eye coloring, and in the Decepticon symbol on his chest. I haven't even checked to see if the electronics worked on my KO Shockwave, don't really care right now either. :D 

16. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

HA! I didn't even catch that!

17. CETERUS PRIME

I just looked at the rubber hose on my KO Shockwave, and after having him since just the summer, I can see cracks forming already. My G1 Shockwave doesn't have any cracks or damage in the hose at all, even after 25 years of storage in a basement ! Huh, go figure !

18. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    That's an excellent story man. Sounds like an excellent Christmas gift.

19. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I regret that I missed this thread when you first posted it. This is a great story. Congrats on these guys :cool: 

20. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Awesome story and of course, awesome toys! :)