My first transformer...ode to mom

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jerryitus, May 8, 2011.

1. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

On mother's day, its only fitting that I give my mom a shout-out for buying my brother and I our first 2 transformers and starting us on a life-long addiction. G1 Hound for me, G1 Trailbreaker for him, still 2 of our favorite characters respectively. Thanks mom!

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My (now late) mother got me my first TF for my birthday in 1984. According to her, they were very in-demand and hard to find at the time. She found two on the shelves and took both, but ran into another mother also desperately searching for TF toys, so she took pity and gave up one of them - the one she felt was the lesser of the two - to the other mom.

For my birthday I got my very first Transformers toy - G1 Mirage. Supposedly the toy she gave up, which I could have potentially gotten instead, was Ironhide. I'm not sure where my TF fanboyism might have gone if Ironhide was my first experience with Transformers toys.

Thanks Mom.

3. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    my first transformers, that i can remember, was final battle jazz from the 07 movie. not too glamorous, but it still means a lot to me. my mom and i were at target and, as per usual after the 07 movie, the pegs were clean. nothing. My mom jotted down the dcp # and called up an employee and asked him to scour the back rooms for something...anything. he came back saying that this was the only one they had. Thanks, Mom :) 

4. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    My mum was always very supportive of my hobby, even though it's very weird for a teenager. She's bought a few for me, and sometimes she helps my little brother and I search through the pegs and the shelves to see what we can find that we might like.

Thanks mum!

Although its a bit late for me, because Mothers Day here was nearly three months ago. But still. Thanks a million mum!

5. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    My mom has always supported my collecting, and she bought me my first TFs back in the day.

Even now, she never comes back from the store without a TF for me, and I'm 26 now. I love my mom and shes so awesome for keeping me supplied with my precious TF crack.

6. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    seriously metroplex!! ... but i think it's shit now, so i've made an upgrade ;) 

7. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    The first time i asked MY mom to buy me a transformer she said no.

So in reality, i'm just buying TFs because of a 27 yr old grudge.

8. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    Mom convinced me to keep the packaging intact on all my g1 toys. Little did I know that my mom's insistence would be the prize centerpiece of my current collection. She didn't dissuade me from cutting out tech specs or the robot points, though.

9. SeekerofTruth20

SeekerofTruth20 Prime of Primes

My mom bought me my first Transformer when I was 6...It was during the beginning of the Beast Wars line and it was Basics Rattrap. Thanks mom for getting me started on this wonderful (but expensive) hobby! :)  Happy mother's day!

10. OptimusTron97

OptimusTron97 I like the red water

I'd like to personally thank my mom (and my dad) for getting me my first TF, Armada Megatron for my sixth birthday. I wouldn't be who I am today without you. Happy Mother's Day!

11. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

When I was little I wanted a G1 Grimlock and my mom got me a RiD Grimlock.

You suck mom.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Thanks mom, for getting me started with Beast Wars Cheetor and Grimlock. As well as countless more TFs over the growing years, never once objecting or condescending.

You rock.

13. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    My mother bought me my first TF when I was a kid...G1 Brawn. I think I broke it the very same day (damn arms) but it didn't matter. A passion...an obsession, rather, was born.

14. Optimal Primus

Optimal Primus Enabler

News Credits:
    Every now and again, my mom brings up the day she bought me Transmetal Rattrap. I apparently gave her a hard time when trying to turn him into "vehicle" mode, and the joy I had once she figured it out. I still have the toy till this day. Thanks Mom

15. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

My first tf was G1 beachcomber that my mom got for me and the rest is history. Granted i was to young at the time to remember getting it as a gift but i also remember when i was a bit older getting g2 ramjet and optimus prime. God those toys got played with a massive amount. Little did i know they would lead to such an enjoyable hobby!

16. Optimus Axl

Optimus Axl Active Member

When I was 11 or 12 I never kept my room clean and my mom always said if I didnt clean it she would throw it all away. Of course I never believed her until one day I came home and over 100 G1 toys along with countless GI Joe, mask and many other toys were gone. That was a sad day and I still think about it every time I see my current collection. When I started collecting again I told her that it was all her fault I had to buy them all over again. For a while there I would tease her about it until one day she said she would buy one I had as a kid if I stopped. Of course my answer was OK. For this I got a G2 Optimus (the black trailer version) MIB. Doesnt replace all the ones I lost as a kid but thanks mom. I love you.

17. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    My mom did not get me any TF toys because I was already a college freshman in 1984, but I'd like to thank her for getting me all those cool Japanese robots when I was younger. She gave me the Deluxe versions of Voltes V and Daimos and many others. Those robots are one of the reasons I love TF figures. :) 

18. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

didn't think you were that young dude. :)  so lucky to have grown up with the cool retro 60s-70s robots. lalo na noong panahon iyon! wow! yung uncle ng asawa ko nagkokoleta pa din ng retro-bots. sana ibigay niya yung voltes-v at daimos niya sakin.

my parents bought mostly bought go-bots and a beachcomber. i think i traded a couple of joes to get more TFs back then. i can't remember now.

19. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    You people don't know how lucky you are.

20. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

I'd like to contribute to this thread on the day after mother's day.

My mom brought me optimus prime in 84 as my first ever transformer.
    Last night she was brought urgently to the hospital for an agravating pneumonia.
    (ratchet was probably driving her there)

I'm not yet ready to take on the matrix of mothership

Be strong mom, I love you.