My First Time on XBox Live - Now Without Screaming Children!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Primevil, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Yes. Up until the other day, I had never been on XBox Live. Not owning an XBox/360 is the major contributing factor. But one of my new roommates has a 360 (with Live). It started with FINALLY playing Halo 2's campaign mode. When spent Wednesday and Thursday night playing it, and when we finished he asked if I wanted to play on Live. My immediate thought was: "I'm gonna get my ass kicked", but I said "sure, what the hell."

Okay, I did get my ass kicked, but still managed to hold my own on occasion. I think playing Team Building and Big Team Battle was why, because a lot of people also had Guests playing with them. It was a lot of fun.

And no, the thread title does not lie. There were absolutely no screaming children. It really confused me, but I realized a day or two later. We were playing from 10 pm to 4 am on a school night. All those kids were/should have been in bed. Nobody was yelling any racial and ethnic slurs either. There was the occasional "fucktard", but everyone who chose to use their headset (the games were very quiet) was very polite. No one even insulted my amateur playing ability, aside from a snide remark from a teammate about my driving when I got a Warthog stuck, but that wasn't even mean-spirited.

But this has all opened up a can of worms. By playing Halo 2, Crackdown, and DOA4, and with Halo 3 (my roommate obviously has it preordered) on the way, I'm beginning to want a 360 more than ever. And my desire for a 360 has never been terribly strong. But I still need a Wii. ARGH!!! It's all too expensive!

2. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I generally dont run into many "screaming kids", there have been a few but they immedietley go on my avoid list and I send in a complaint. I usually have my mic muted and only unmute to answer questions or give updates on enemy locations.

My favorite things are playing the CoD games and PGR3. Theres always bunch of British folks whom are always polite and I can never grow tired of their accents.

3. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Wait. People NOT screaming on online games? I'm going to have to call you out on your lie good sir! :p 

edit: the emoticon.

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

You're doing it wrong!

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Yes he is.

Here, this will help.
    Wait until Halo 3. There will be lots of profanity screaming kids.
    One thing that always works is to say something like "You're a guy?"

6. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

CoD4 MP Beta has plenty of screaming tards, up till about 8 pm Central for the most part for me. But most games never really have a problem with people acting stupid and just yelling. Just one or 2 a night at most. That is what the Mute Button, and Feedback system are there for.

7. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Out of the few games I've played online(Halo 3 beta, GRAW 2, Crackdown, and Gears of War) the only game I noticed any sorts of annoying type people were in Gears. Haven't been doing any online play for little while now that I think of it.

8. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

every online game will have a time when someone who's a) had a skinful b) is 12 c) is a racist d) singing over the mic.

9. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I love singing over the mic, I counteract that with bad harmonica playing.

10. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Congrats on a fun Live session! I've only played a handful of death matches and everytime I've played I've encountered the likes that you described. For me, it ruins the whole gaming experience. Just the other day I was playing Perfect Dark Zero and once I finally managed to hold my own against the competition, they all left the game once I started winning!

Here's hope that the single player Halo 3 game will hold my attention like the previous 2 games did b/c I don't see myself playing a lot of death matches unless I'm playing w/ people I know.