My First Taste, and Very Tempted!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

So I went to a friends house earlier this week to see his collection of toy's.
    He showed me this game and it was the first time I ever saw it.
    I have to admit, it was far more awesome than I imagined. I usually don't have the patients for video games, but seeing how cool this War For Cybertron game was, I'm very tempted to get into it.
    As I also enjoy some car racing games, I'm considering getting my self one of the new Xbox's and this WFC game.
    Any advice for a noobie?

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    get a ps3, then you have both a video game system and a blu ray player, if you don't play a lot of games, it makes it a little more worth it to get.

3. Tigertrack

I was also thinking about the PS3. But not sure I'm concerned about this blue-ray hype. I honestly don't think I can see the difference between all this high-def stuff and normal TV. We've got a gorgeous 55 inch LED Samsung and the high-def is sometimes noticeable, but not much.
    So, I don't know if I'd be able to see the difference between Blue-Ray and regular. Plus, all my DVD's so far are regular def.

4. nehushtan

nehushtan Escalation Jedi

At the very least, you want to get the same console your buddy has so you can play together. You can also add additional friends online once you get your feet wet. Although, I imagine you won't find many people with Halo Reach being released. Still, there are always a few die hard transformers fans in every community.

5. Tigertrack

Does it have to be same console to play with a friend on line?

6. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Yes, it has to be the same console. The online for PS3 is free, while you have to pay for Xbox. The Xbox 360 is also notorious for hardware malfunctions due to overheating, so make sure to get a warranty and whatnot. But really, the better investment is the one with more games that you want to play. If you're getting the console for only WFC, then get the one that most of your friends have.

7. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yeah, each version of the game has it's own servers..pc/360/pc...3 separate servers.

360 & PS3 are the surefire bet, both are up to date on patches & dlc, pc seems to have been left in the dust.

8. Tigertrack

We generally try to stay away from Sony products as we've found out their not very reliable with their support. We had a Sony Plasma TV and they've practically ignored us when the image started failing. That said, 360 maybe better option for me.
    Also, what will play music, movies, and download from Netflix? And who has the largest harddrive?

9. Brainchild

Mac like? Not really. They're essentially the same console, except some games are different, and PS3 has Bluray. Last I checked, the PS3 also costs more.

10. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

There is a big difference between Regular and HD. Perhaps you are sitting too CLOSE to that large tv. If you are too close, sure you wont' be able to tell because all you will see are the pixels. Also if you sit too far from the TV it has a similar issue.

I would get the PS3 myself as Blu-Ray is more than catching on. You have to hunt for a regular DVD player anymore. Of course I have a PS3, an original Fatty 60 GB with full backwards compatability. It's been a great addition to my home theater system.

11. Brainchild

You know, you could always just upgrade your computer, if you just want that one game and a good online experience.

12. Tigertrack

I don't think I'm too close or to far, but I honestly don't know what the distance is between TV and couch. I'd probably have to measure it and tell you. It's comfortable distance though. I enjoy turning off all the lights at night and watching it.

As for the PS3, will it play regular DVD's as well as Blue-Ray? I heard some Blue-Ray's are only one way. As large as my DVD collection is, it would suck not to be able to play any of them because of the Blue-Ray.
    Only difference I really see between HD and regular is that the background is just as in focus as the foreground is.

13. Tigertrack

I've got no plans on upgrading my IMac computer, I simply love it!
    However, the computer we use in the living room is an old Acer computer that we use for our RC flight simulators. I don't know how good it'll be for that game though as it's kind of slow and sometimes choppy. Flight simulator probably doesn't use as much bites as WFC does.

They advertise PS3 as "It Does Everything", but what's amusing is they don't really say what it does!

14. nehushtan

nehushtan Escalation Jedi

Yes, it plays regular DVD's as well.

15. Tigertrack

Cool. But which has the largest hard drive? Would like to be able to keep stuff in it rather than loading DVD's if that's possible.
    Sorry, my original question was more related to the game itself than the system it's played on.

What should a noob look for when playing this game? Who's the easiest character to work with? Is there a practice mode where you can learn your way around the game without getting yourself killed?

16. Brainchild

You know that you don't have to get rid of your precious IMac, right? You can just upgrade the video card on it. Or maybe you don't even need to upgrade anything.

17. Tigertrack

The Mac stays downstairs. I'm looking for something to connect to my Samsung TV in the living room.

18. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    You could probably ask a representative at Best Buy about a lot of this stuff and he'd be able to help you much faster.

19. Tigertrack

Again, my original question was more to the game than the system. Please see post number 15.

20. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    you really don't want the pc version atm, lol.
    multiplayer is rampant with cheaters/hackers, and there's very few legit people that still play multi - so you usually are stuck waiting for a game to launch.

character selection in mp depends on 1st, what mode you'll be playing (team deathmatch & conquest are the popular ones usually), and 2nd, your playstyle.

leader is the all around class, good at everything, sucks at nothing. quite a few people consider the class broken due to warcry ability that buffs offense & defense.

scientist is part healer/part quick strike offensive. fastest class in the game, and can deal HUGE amounts of damage to one target quickly if using the right abilities (disguise/friendly fire/emp shotty), but then you gotta run and wait for abilities to recharge. can be played as a defensive heal slave too, but it's not as much fun :) 

scout is the sniper class, good at hiding and excels at long distance. can fight up close too, but you have to know how to pick your battles. distance is where these guys excel.

soldier is the beefy class. higher level abilities for them allow insane firing rates on some of the hardest hitting weapons in the game, and they're also the only class that can get a killstreak for brief infinite ammo. slowest class but also one of the most powerful.

brief rundown but hopefully that gives you a head start.