Minor/Repaint: My First Repaints! Classics Megatron, Cybertron Skywarp, and Energon Thundercracker.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by drill, Jul 14, 2007.

1. drill

drill Gotham's White Knight

News Credits:
    Hi. Before I start I am warning you these are big pics and there are alot of them. I know my computer resizes them to fit the screen. I do not know if others do that.
    Classics got me back into TF toys (Energon did the same for awhile) and I had gotten the Soundwave, Starscream, Ramjet, and Megatron and needed the other two main seekers (Coneheads will probably come later) and sadly I had no luck with Skywarp. So I picked up a Cybertron one and dug out my old Starscream. My first shot was Thundercracker, which honestly does the job but really isnt as good as it could be. I fear TFing him due to paint flakes, but its only him.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Of course Spy Shot 6 has to have fun
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then came Skywarp. The first thing that came to my mind was "PURPLE!!!" So I decided to paint in G1 colors.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8744/img0792ns7.jpg (THis really stretched the page. So it is in link form.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now all the Seekers together
    [​IMG]

Now comes my favorite: Classic Megatron. I flat out have zero desire to TF him. He is perfect just as he is.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wait...why are the wings like that? Oh thats right, I got that BASTARD pin out! (I keep that bloody thing in my wallet)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    KAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    My classics Decepticons.

Thank you for checking these out. Please leave comments about them. Remember this is my first time. I know the pics are big. I am sorry. I will try to resize them later.

2. y2jversion1

y2jversion1 Rent this space today!

Ebay:
    LOL interesting poses :D 

First thing, get a tripod or don't drink coffee or anything else with caffeine before taking pics!

The seekers look cool.. Megatron looks like he went through 80 coats of paint though! Perhaps use a different type of paint and/or lesser coats next time.

Quite good first attempt though :) 

3. y2jversion1

y2jversion1 Rent this space today!

Ebay:
    LOL interesting poses :D 

First thing, get a tripod or don't drink coffee or anything else with caffeine before taking pics!

The seekers look cool.. Megatron looks like he went through 80 coats of paint though! Perhaps use a different type of paint and/or lesser coats next time.

Quite good first attempt though :) 

4. bumper

bumper Minibot

Ebay:
    Nice work. Megatron looks a bit lumpy but its actually not a bad effect. Call it battle damaged.. =)

5. bumper

bumper Minibot

Ebay:
    Nice work. Megatron looks a bit lumpy but its actually not a bad effect. Call it battle damaged.. =)

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the colors you chose for them, especially for the Energon Starscream repaint, but the paint looks too chunky on them...Especially on Megatron.

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the colors you chose for them, especially for the Energon Starscream repaint, but the paint looks too chunky on them...Especially on Megatron.

8. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    !!!???

What on earth is that Real Gear 'bot doing to TC's nether regions?!

9. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    !!!???

What on earth is that Real Gear 'bot doing to TC's nether regions?!

10. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    My thoughts exactly!

[​IMG]

:lolol 

11. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    My thoughts exactly!

[​IMG]

:lolol 

12. drill

News Credits:
    I was going for a "wethered battle look for Megs, hence the multiple coats of paint. It is actually much better in person. TC was an enigma. It would always look "chunky" with the pain. Skywarp, however, has no problems whatsoever.

My tripod is 3 vhs tapes. I still need to get one.

Thanks for the kind words everybody.

13. drill

News Credits:
    I was going for a "wethered battle look for Megs, hence the multiple coats of paint. It is actually much better in person. TC was an enigma. It would always look "chunky" with the pain. Skywarp, however, has no problems whatsoever.

My tripod is 3 vhs tapes. I still need to get one.

Thanks for the kind words everybody.

14. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Ok, good paint choice, bad painting technic. Sorry to break it to you, but Megs is ruined. You don't do battleworn Megs with multiple paintovers with clogged paint. You drybrush black and the some red and darker silver in straight motions to simulate laser burns.

You still need to work on such stuff. Should have left that Megs awhile after painting him the first if you weren't sure how to go from there and asked for advice here.

15. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Ok, good paint choice, bad painting technic. Sorry to break it to you, but Megs is ruined. You don't do battleworn Megs with multiple paintovers with clogged paint. You drybrush black and the some red and darker silver in straight motions to simulate laser burns.

You still need to work on such stuff. Should have left that Megs awhile after painting him the first if you weren't sure how to go from there and asked for advice here.

16. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Take your time when working on repaints, theres no need to rush it. a rush project is a ruined project.

I commend you for using using brushes though, for all MY REPAINTS I've never used a brush, i just dont trust myself. Spray paints and Masking tape can be your friend.

17. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Take your time when working on repaints, theres no need to rush it. a rush project is a ruined project.

I commend you for using using brushes though, for all MY REPAINTS I've never used a brush, i just dont trust myself. Spray paints and Masking tape can be your friend.

18. drill

News Credits:
    ...ouch. When you say Megs is ruined, how is it ruined? It feels, looks, and poses fine. Is there a way I can reverse it, like washing all the paint off and repainting it?

19. drill

News Credits:
    ...ouch. When you say Megs is ruined, how is it ruined? It feels, looks, and poses fine. Is there a way I can reverse it, like washing all the paint off and repainting it?

20. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

Why the fudge is spy bot giving some...?
    These works are cool. I do recommend spray paint. Megs would look better.