Minor/Repaint: My first repaint - Cyberton Clocker

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by rob_charb, Apr 13, 2008.

1. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

Hi all, this is my first attempt at repainting a TF. I used the movie release version of Cybertron Clocker and gave him a more uniform colour scheme. I used Mr Hobby Metallic Blue 76 for the blue colouring and unfortunatetly, it doesn't really show up well in the pictures, but it has quite a nice metallic sheen to it. I used pieces of styrene to add the silver highlights to the forearms, and as you can see, it doesn't affect the transformation at all. I also gave him some added articulation in the knees and shoulders. This was done by trimming away some of the plastic on the flaps behind the knees and around the shoulder ball joints. The only downside is I was a little hasty when doing the left shoulder and now it has a tendency to pop off when it's being moved around. Also, you can't really see it in the pictures (camere didn't want to co-operate with me) but there are four headlights under the translucent plastic on the front of the alt mode that I painted yellow. However, the tinting on the plastic is too dark to really see them. Also, I painted the side-view mirrors silver to make them look a little more realistic.

I'm planning on going back to him at a later time to fill in the holes in his hands, so they don't show up in the alt mode, but for now, I need to take a break :D 

Please feel free to comment and criticize. I know there are some areas that could with some touch-ups and I'm planning on doing just that. For my first attempt though, I'm pretty happy.

EDIT: Um, how I do I get it show the pictures instead of links? Ah, finally figured it out...stupid Photobucket and its confusing me all to hell choices for links.

Attached Files:

2. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Ah, now that things're up. . .

Seeing this little guy all jazzed up and posed is making me want to pick one up for myself. =(

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    nice job. very clean paint aps. :) 

4. rob_charb

I used a can of Tamiya Silver spray paint for the silver parts. I handbrushed the black using Tamiya Flat Black enamel and handbrushed the red and yellow parts using Mr Hobby Yellow 10 and Red 1.

I also filled in those horrible empty spaces in the forearms using Tamiya putty before putting on the bits of styrene.

5. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

very nice

the guy also makes for a rather good windcharger tailgate and jarugar as well

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Nice Touchups.

7. rob_charb

He's up on Ebay now if anyone is interested. Here's the link:

Clocker

Also, I have few Master Grade Gundams up and will be adding more in the coming days if there any Gundam collectors on the boards.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    He looks nice! I'd like to see some better photos though :) 

9. rob_charb

My camera wasn't co-operating with me the morning I shot those (read: I suck at taking pictures). And now, thanks to a little mishap with my dog, it needs to be sent to the repair shop :(  The camera that is, not Clocker.

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Well, I can certainly sympathize with you on those counts! I hope you'll be able to create more customs and by doing so you'll get better at shooting photos. Also, surf around the tutorial sections for some tips on shooting photos.

I hope you get your camera repaired soon! In the meantime, make ya some more customs! :thumb