My first reaction to Leader-class Movie Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rev_Pee_Kitty, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Im just too unimpressed to spend $40 on Movie megs. I saw it at Target, picked it up, held it in my hands and put it back on the shelf. Perhaps at botcon someone will have a loose one that I can hold and figit with. Other than that Im probably going to pass on him.

Bitching is the right of all sentient fanboys. Besides that's pretty much the main reason the movie forum exists ;)  However from the reading the rest of the posts, it appears to be a 50/50 split on whether movie megs is worth it or not... though it appears that most people agree the jet mode is crap.

2. WheelJacksWrkShp

WheelJacksWrkShp Here goes nothin'

Well I had bought a deluxe Brawl over the weekend along with numerous other movie bots only to find out that a gear was broke in the left shoulder allowing for a limp automorph. So I returned it and was going to get me another one but then thought I should just get my money back for now. I walked back to look to see if the shelves were still empty and low and behold there sat Megs. My first thought was COOL, he is an ugly MFer. So now I have him in my hands as I try to mentally recall my budget with the extra $10 from returning Brawl. I knew my wife had spent some money but I couldn't remember how much. So I sorrowfully put him down and left the store. Went straight home and checked the budget. Wife said get it before you regret it and I was off to the store again. Put down my $36 and walked out. Got home and spent like 30 min trying to figure the leg transformations out for the alt mode. Once I got it though all was good with the world. My only critique is that the head does not articulate so cool poses are not in its future unless I can figure something out to get some movement.

3. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    It's funny how incredibley defensive some people get because they don't agree with someone's feelings about a TOY of all things. And by funny I mean pathetic. If someone can start a thread throwing blind praise everywhere, it's just as fair for someone else to start a thread expressing their legitimate discontent, regardless if it's an opinion against the sheeple masses.

I'm gonna buy Leader Megs solely because I bought Leader Prime, but I agree that it's one of the most awful looking TF figures ever... as are all the movie designs imo. The only advantage that the other figures have is that they actually look like something - in their alt modes. Megatron, on the other hand, doesn't look like... anything. It's a convoluted mess that "transforms" into another convoluted mess where you don't really know what you're looking at in either mode. Just because it's in the almighty movie doesn't mean we all have to think it's a cool and/or acceptable design.

This stuff may look great in all it's CGI glory on the big screen, but I still don't think ANY of it translated all that well to toy form. The horrible robot modes of Jazz & Barricade are particularly good examples of this imo.

4. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Yes actually, he did. Its a discussion forum, thats kind of the point.

QFT.

I'm slowly coming around to this way of thinking. These designs work in CGI but don't make for good toys. I have most of them now and none of them are really scratching that itch like Classics and a majority of Cybertron did.

5. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I find Classics to be boring and lacking soul. Cybertron had a crappier Megatron imo.

6. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Same. They should have done it G1 style, and made the toys work before going ahead with the movie designs. Would have saved me getting Scorponok and performing his 1 movement transformation.

7. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    explain this...'soul' thing.

8. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I saw him and immediately fell in love with him. Great toy! I picked him up last week and haven't reconsidered the purchase for a minute. The grappler mechanism is so much fun!

9. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's that fire in your heart when you shout BGAW

Which, btw, is why KA won this thread on the first page. BGAW = FTW

10. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I have very little interest in this toy. I'll wait for the Transformers 2 earth mode Movie Megatron.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    if you don't clip the head down to the body, it does have some head movement...but it's a tiny balljoint on the very back of the head so it looks a little weird. It doesn't bother me at all personally since I was just happy to get any type of head articulation out of it.

Oh yeah and my personal opinion of Megs since I neglected to mention in my first post: Robot mode: Awesome. Jet mode: Meh.

12. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think he looks pretty damn cool, but he doesnt look anything like a transformer. he looks like he should be the leading role in the new upcoming film Aliens 5-Aliens vs. Transformers.

13. ZecksKitty

ZecksKitty Banned

What's all the fuss about his alt mode? The painting is very sexy, and it looks pretty dead on, and the screech is super cool. The alt mode is fine and poseable, and has nice gimmicks.

Everyone is bitching about something that isn't there.

14. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    I don't think they did the best job with movie Megs. He could have looked a lot more like his film counterpart. I blame this on the lack of paint apps by Hasbro; Takara will probably put more paint on theirs.

15. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think they did a good job with megs bot mode n gimmicks (depsite poor arm articulation) but then his alt mode is just him doing yoga.

16. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    I can't wait for him to arrive on toy shelves. The prototype pictures look fantastic. I want him so much!

17. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    Ops all writing Megatron's name in his notebook during class

All "Mrs. Ops-was-a-Truck Gatron"

18. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    OWAT <3 Megs BFF 4eva

19. SPIKE

SPIKE ZONE DEFENSE!!

LMAO.

20. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I wish that I could FIND the guy...