My first (probably the only) G1 haul

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ashstar, May 14, 2008.

1. Ashstar

Ashstar Liberator of Toys

News Credits:
    Being someone who grew up watching G1 every weekend, I never had the privillege to own any toys back then other than a Blast-off given by my aunt, and a KO diecast Soundwave, in purple and pink me thinks... urrgghh.

Now that I've gotten back into the hobby, I couldn't really get into buying G1/re-issues as I'd like to get more bang (articulation, complicated transformation, etc) out of my bucks.

I've always had a soft spot for Devastator, and Heavy Metal Wars kept playing in my head all these years. Without a doubt if I am to get ONLY 1 g1, this has to be it!

I know the price isn't worthy of "good catch" comment as it's missing a drill and Mixmaster's single missile (me thinks) but this would do for now! I'll see how's the condition when he finally arrives and probably will repro him up nicely down the road.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, just thought of sharing. Cheers! :drunk 

2. Ecmagee1984

Ecmagee1984 Big E

Ebay:
    Sweet haul he on my next to get list.

3. Ashstar

News Credits:
    Go for it! I've been hesitating to get him for a while now, am glad to have taken the plunge and soon he'll replace the KO on my shelf now :ev: 

4. mat`amit

mat`amit Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    imo if ur really into it than price isnt such a big issue. if u really want it than go for it because it might be ur only chance to get it

5. ultraconvoy

ultraconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    nice and congrats

6. Ashstar

News Credits:
    Hey there fellow Malaysian brother! I totally agree, just bite the bullet... like a man!

Thanks ultraconvoy, that made me feel a lil' better about the purchase (insignificant to some, but most expensive for me thur far). But nothing beats the feeling when he finally arrives (me hope).

7. ultraconvoy

ultraconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    I have a feeling you will have another expensive purchase and it will be worth it because its get worst and worst not better! ;) 

8. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

I think this one will be release under the encore line...just a feeling....

9. Ashstar

News Credits:
    Lol I do hope it gets better for my wallet to swallow, but damn with Animated and Universe around the corner I've gotta ask me ol' wallet to keep going and going and going... :lol 

Well I'd be damned... but still picking it up without a second thought though :p 

10. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Nice one man, always good to get a grail. Sometimes you just want something and hang the cost!

I'm looking at one of my own I got this week, it cost, but I've been like a kid at Xmas since it arrived :D 

Yours wasn't a lot for an original Devy though, just watch for KO's if you go after the missing parts.

11. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Hey, Devastator is one of the best G1 toys you can get. If your wallet can take it, and you like it, then that's a good price.

Have you gotten it yet? What do you think about it?

12. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Holy crap, double post, sorry! :( 

13. Mark94

Mark94 Well-Known Member

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it looks like Hook is missing the rotating peg that allows the arm to attach. Without that peg your Devastator will only have one arm.

This is s common item to loose on Hook (I lost the one on my Hook I had as a kid).

Sorry man, you'll have to look for a replacement Hook on ebay to complete your Devastator.

Mark

14. Ashstar

News Credits:
    Holy balony! Thanks for pointing that out Mark, have just checked against my KO and slapped myself hard in the forehead... well the item won't be arriving so soon I'm not sure if something could be worked out with the seller but anyway, the search goes on! I guess... :tumbleweed: 

15. Mark94

Mark94 Well-Known Member

No problem, hopefully you can work something out with the seller. I had to buy a new Hook to complete my Devastator recently for the same exact reason.

Good luck!
    Mark