My first $#@%@#^% poor me, this !@#$% hurts thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 3.8TransAM, May 23, 2012.

1. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM 1989 Turbo Trans AM

Mark this one on your calendars folks.

So I pulled a muscle in my back.

holy @$#!!@$%@!$@$!@$!@$@$$!#$!!!!!!!

Even with the pain killers, relaxers,etc, I still cant stand straight up. Hardly walk anywhere without grabbing something. Haven't punched holes in anything or ripped anything off the wall or doorways yet.

I can deal with tons of pain, stitches, getting a tooth pulled, I drill my own hole in a fingernail to let the blood out when I smash a finger(docs just gonna do it anyways)

I actually had to call my relief for world and miss a day, hoping I can go in t'row(pride things, I always make it to work).

Usually with crap like this I can reverse the twist and get the motion back with the pain which I can deal with. The whole tight thing has me jacked up pretty food here.

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Big macs?

Seriously though, its times like this that I wish I could hang myself upside down & get someone to punch me in exactly the right spot without missing. Well either that, or that I'm close enough to a computer to complain about it on the internet, whichever.

3. Arbitron

Arbitron Banned

I stepped on a Lego.

A MOTHERFUCKING LEGO.

I already have you all beat.

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    A lego? Couse if it was just a lego & not a mindstorm engine that got broken by way of ass & gravity, I might've trumped you.

My back was fine though.

5. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

I've got compressed vertebrae in my neck, so I don't have the ability to look over my right shoulder as much as my left without twisting my body...this past Friday, I had to do a lot of repair/replacement work at the job that involved me looking and reaching up for a few hours.

The next morning when I got out of bed, I went to pick up my daughter, and I turned my head quickly to a bit past the 45 degree angle so that her hair wouldn't hit me in the face; I damn near hit the floor when that sharp pain hit me. The yelp of pain startled her, but I grasped my daughter tightly as I went down and made sure that she didn't get hurt. That is a pain that I would NEVER wish on ANYONE.

6. 3.8TransAM

yeah, i hear ya

i keep hollering at my 2 yr old to get out of my way.. i fall on him lil dudes a gonner

7. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hope you get better, I've had constant back pain since I was a kid(no scoliosis), if we're going into recent injuries I've had too many too count. Over the weekend I helped my sis, and her husband with their scrapping, and I still can't walk right, I worked 18 hours straight. I even got cut multiple times, one on my infected leg and it oozed all night long into the next day. Also, been moving/trying to move the crankshaft on my 1963 Valiant by hand, and all the times been bruised and cut, I looked like I did a reverse Michael Jackson, turned from white to black.

8. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Charlie horses. Fucking. Charlie horses.

9. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid TFW2005 Supporter

I feel your pain. A few years ago I pulled my back lifting an aquarium. I literally fell to the floor and couldn't get up. The wife had to help me get to the car so she could take me to the ER.

10. 3.8TransAM

I hate when u wake up with one in the middle of the nite, those suck it bad

Least u got a better story than me. All the extra hours at work, landscaping at home, packing and unpacking for toy shows and I'm fine. I get out of the shower and did it putting my underwear or jeans on.......... just twisted wrong.(awesome non manly injury lol)

Had to have my dad come over and help me(also bigger car to get into) cause I wasnt sure if I would get out under my own power. I know i would not have been able to get in a car and drive.

So for fellow back pullers how long did it take u guys to stand up and walk straight again?

11. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    I did that in seventh grade, OP. Not pleasant.

12. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got in a bike accident and broke my wrist two years ago. When they put it in the cast, it didnt heal right, so they had to put me under, cut into my wrist, re-brake the bones, stick pins in and stitch it back up. However, the bone grew around one of the pins and I got infected. So when it was time to take out the pins, the doc takes out a tool that has the handle of scisors and the end of pliers. After about 2 minutes of yanking, the doctors got one hand holding the tool, one hand pushing down my arm, and his foot up on the bench. Finally he gets it out and he looks at me and says,"ready for the next one". The most painful experience of my life. Now I have a left hand I can barely use and a series of incision/pin-hole scars on the top of my wrist.

13. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    in the middle of the night

14. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope you guys feel better, but I'm thankful I don't really have any back pain.

15. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i hate one of knees pop out
    big as baseball

16. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:

Ouch, backpain's really bad. I've had herniated discs twice before, underwent physical rehab both times. First time I was lifting weights, second time, I can't remember how it happened, I think I was just walking or maybe I bent the my back the wrong way.

17. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I've had a charlie horse in my left calf since Saturday. It is now down to just a small tender spot, but if I stretch my leg the right way it still feels like my leg will give out.

18. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i know exactly how you feel. if i stretch my leg too much, the pain almost becomes crippling :(  hope yours feels better

19. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    It's so bad to wake up with a charlie horse and stretching doesn't make it go away. It's usually in my left calf too, very rarely in the right one. :( 

20. tomagnus

tomagnus question the answers

I feel your pain I've had multiple back injuries pulls, tweaks, strains, herniated disk, all of the above. And yes, I've even had the infamous "pulling up my boxers strain after the shower" injury. They all suck and take anywhere from a few days to a few months to heal. Backs are tricky, just when you think it's gotten better a simple movement can throw it out of whack again.

The worst one for me was the herniated disk I suffered in a skiing accident. The icing on the cake was I also bruised my ribs and could hardly breathe. I remember my wife not quite believing me and making me carry a wood and wrought iron table set up to the 3rd floor. I needed 2 steroid injections directly into the spine to recover from that!

These days I do regular massage and accupuncture treatments on my back. Keeps me pretty much pain free.