Minor/Repaint: My first Kitbash...WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Jeremy.B, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hey guys, this is my first try, thanks to Superquad and Plowking for their tireless motivation and guidance...

This is Ratchet, Alt style. Now I know everyone is doing this now, and I thought it would be a cool and relatively simple way to get my feet wet in KB. I did want it to stand out, so I weathered and dirtied him up using drybrushing a mix of silver and black paint, which also helped the grey plastic on the white KO hound look more realistic and more like a solid metal. I do think I may have a little too much weathering on him, however, I wanted to make him a bit different in having him look like he has truly been up to some rescue work in the woods of Alabama. He looks kind of like my buddy's four wheeler after a day of muddin, but I think it fits the situation. He is close to being complete, save for a prowl head, and lightbars over the top of the windshield. I am going to also apply some sort of decal on the doors (maybe State of Alabama rescue/trooper seals) and a script "A" in Bama style on the spare tire. Also, I know the pics are blurry I will work on that once he gets finished...

After that, is a touch up of 08 BB, based loosely on the one David had on his website (i.e. copper) but not as detailed or professional, and I am adding gold where the yellow robot parts are. Please give me feedback as it can only help me in the long run. Again, this is my first KB/repaint and I welcome all sorts of constructive criticism. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think everything looks great so far! I can't wait to see him complete and with better photos! I REALLY love what you did with the arms :thumb 

3. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Looks good to me SD77.....and no, I do not think it is too much......Ilike it.....like you said, he's from the Bama Woods....so he's got to be dirty!!

Looking forward to the final pics.....:thumb 

4. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks guys. I will definitely work on the pics. I usually leave picture taking to the wife but I will now make have to get better at it....

5. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    No prob dude!

As far as the pic taking...practice makes perfect.....I need more practice too :lol 

Keep us posted man!! :thumb 

6. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    I like dirty....looks good !