Heavy/Scratch: My first Heavy/Scratch Menasor!! W.I.P.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by ShadowMagnus, Aug 16, 2009.

1. ShadowMagnus

ShadowMagnus Autobot

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I am hoping to make this custom a good one since I have never considered on trying this. Ive been looking at every discussion threads reading on the right connectors and techniques to make a combiner. Ive also been looking at how great frenzy_rumble's work as well as Sabrina Ng and Ptitvite's custom devy. So I decided to try and make Menasor in my own way starting from the bottom up. Any comments or suggestions are welcome ^^.

Once I get my junker Unicron I can continue with the knees, waist and hips....well hopefully.

Uptade 11/29/09:

Sorry its taken so long but Ive been busy with work and have had not too much time to work on him. I had to re-design the leg configuration. Hopefully I'll have time to work on him on mid december...

[​IMG]

Update 13/2/2010:

[​IMG]

Update 16/2/2010:

Feet have been connected. Sorting a small stability issue with connectors but figure stands fine on its own. All that's left is to work on the rest of the body.

[​IMG]

Update 28/3/2010: He is almost finished.

[​IMG]

Update 4/15/2010: Body construction completed. Now to work on whats left before paint.

[​IMG]

Update 14/5/2010

Finally managed to get some time off to work more on this. I used Primus fold up cannons and added them to his shoulders. They rotate from the back into the front without problem. I also made a arm cannon that attaches to the empty space when you fold in his hand. Also glued some pegs with epoxy that will be used to hold Breakdown & Wild rides weapons on his arms in combined mode. Working on the other arm and then his sword...

[​IMG]

Update 10/13/2010

All parts are primed and I have started the painting process. The weather here has been keeping me from painting up until today. Its been sunny almost all day and so far I am almost complete with Breakdown & Wildrider. Here is Breakdown at 80% paint completion. Only thing left to paint is his bumper and headlights before clear coating him. Wildrider is about 53% waiting on the basecoat to dry before moving on to detail painting. Again only base coats are sprayed the rest is hand painted. Sorry for the brighness of the flash but this is a teaser after all :p 

[​IMG]

Update 10/21/2010

Breakdown is finished as far as paint goes. Faction symbols will be added once all stunticons are complete. Wildrider will be finished tomorrow. Moving on to Dead End & Dragstrip will be a pain since I primed most of their parts except for their joints which will be inked in order to ensure no rubbing issues(I did the same with Wildriders & Breakdowns balljoint parts. Still deciding on what tone of black to use with Motormaster....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6/22/2011

He is coming online.......soon.....
    [​IMG]

Teaser :D 

[​IMG]

2/28/2012
    Weather was nice enough to finish painting this guy. Still waiting on some items to use my new airbrush so hopefully the last 2 stunticons will be finished faster and soon.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Oh wow! I like the feet.

3. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    yeah, me too! good start!

4. FireShot

FireShot Autobot Recon Team

My son has been bugging me to build one too since he's seen all the custom combiners.
    I'll be following this too.
    Great start!

5. kaotic504

kaotic504 Well-Known Member

wow, he's going to be a muscle car Menasor! i know it's pretty bright red, but please tell me that's not your blood.

6. ShadowMagnus

ShadowMagnus Autobot

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Thank you for your comments ^^.

To answer your question. No its not my blood.....

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

It's amazing how well Transformers, Legos, and Neo-Shifters go together.

What other molds are you going to use?

8. ShadowMagnus

ShadowMagnus Autobot

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I am still amazed that Legos & Neo-Shifters can mix without much trouble. Thank you for your comment ^^.

I am planning on using energon prowl(if not then classics mirage) and either cybertron hot shot or energon hot shot for the arms. Motormaster selection is still in the sorting bin. I have 4 candidates for him: Cybertron Prime, RID scourge, Inferno & RID Ultra Magnus.

9. 1-10

1-10 Well-Known Member

why is your writing in blue?????

10. ShadowMagnus

ShadowMagnus Autobot

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    UPDATE#1

Ive been busy with college studies so I haven't been able to work on this project 24/7. I am still working out the feet first. I came up with 2 different variants of the feet/shoe design. Let me know what you think or if you like one of the two. Hopefully once I receive the junker I bought I will be able to work a bit faster.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As always friendly comments and or suggestions are welcome. Thanks!!

11. littlebot15

littlebot15 Member

nice the shoe design looks cool

12. ShadowMagnus

ShadowMagnus Autobot

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    UPTADE!!

Ive been busy with work but managed to get some free time today to work on this guy. I had to re-design how the legs were configured in order to make him more stable. I am still deciding whether or not to use magnets or ball joints to connect the feet to the underside of both downshifts. As always, any suggestions, comments and advice are welcome. Thanks!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    You have enough surface area on the 'shoes' that you could probably use both ball joints /and/ magnets, if you're concerned enough.

I really like how this is progressing. Keep at it! :) 

- Alty

14. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Agreed, keep it up. :thumbs2: 

15. ShadowMagnus

ShadowMagnus Autobot

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Minor Update 13/2/2010

Here's a little update.

I finally able to find a way to connect MM using lego technic rods. They hold pretty tight. Hopefully I will have finished the feet/shoe connectors by the end of this week. Those have been hard to figure out. Magnets failed so I am going with the neo shifter approach. All in all I still need to figure out soon what connector to use to connect the arms I am going to make. Friendly advice & comment is welcome as always ^^.

Attached Files:

16. JSP

JSP Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm building a classics menasor and I struggled to connect the arms to the main body. I used neo shifters to attach the arms to the shoulders then made pegs to attach the shoulders to the main body hope this helps

17. jcartwork

jcartwork Well-Known Member

wow amazing discovery thanx ;) 

18. ShadowMagnus

ShadowMagnus Autobot

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Thanks but that leg and "shoe" design was scrapped due to proportions issues. Since then I have opted for new leg configuration and the new "shoes" will be made of unicron's feet that I reversed to make them better proportionate & hold the entire weight of the figures better. Thank you for the comments.

JSP, thanks for the suggestion! I am going to use your advice for the arms & mix things up for the shoulder connectors. Wish me luck with that part ^^.

Thanks for your comments! ^^

19. ShadowMagnus

ShadowMagnus Autobot

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Quick Update!!:

As you can see the feet have been connected. Still working on a little stability issue with the feet connectors but I will have them sorted out in a bit. But he stands fine on his own!! He is going to be huge lol!!

Attached Files:

20. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits:
    look good man
    love those new shoes u made ,even the proprotion issues