My First "First Edition" Figures, With Questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Reaper Cloud, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    So my order from BBTS came in today. It had the Deluxe figures of Arcee, Starscream, and Bumblebee in their "First Edition" packaging. The figures are very cool...but I have some problems with mine, which perhaps can be fixed?

1a. Starscream was transformed wrong in his package. His head was turned the wrong way while in Jet mode...so his little rubber fin is bent to one side, and is loose near his eyes. It won't come completely out, but it wiggles. Now, I figure that using some crazy glue would help the looseness of the fin. Would using a heat gun help straighten out the fin as well?

1b. One of the rubber fins on Starscream's leg is also bent. Again, would using a heat gun correct this.

2a. Bumblebee's head was also turned around the wrong way (again with the head being placed in the wrong direction for vehicle mode), but nothing was bent/broke. Just wanted to mention this, since I thought that it was funny how 2/3 of my figures had the head positioned wrong.

2b. In Optibotimus' review for Bumblebee, he comments on how the shoulder joint on his figure is loose. Well, so is mine. After 3 transformations (Going to Robot mode, then car mode, then into Robot mode again), the left shoulder joint is loose, making the arm basically flop around. Is there a way to tighten this up?

2c. The right door that acts like Bumblebee's wings is also loose. It isn't nearly as loose at the shoulder joint, but it wiggles around when you shake the figure slightly. Is there a way to tighten this up as well?

Arcee had nothing wrong with her, which was nice. :) 

So I guess what I'm really asking is this. Is this common for "First Edition" figures? Do these problems exist with the Voyager Prime and Bulkhead? I would hate to spend a lot of money for a figure that had loose joints, or bent parts from weaker plastic. I can see how the RID figures would have issues with those figures, since they seem cheaper in design and material used (from the Cliffjumper and Bumblebee figures that I own, and especially when comparing Bumbleebee FE to the RID version). I wanted to get another set of FE deluxe figures, to put on the shelf in vehicle mode...but I'm worried that I'll end up with figures with more issues to them. Was my first group just cursed with bad luck (well, 2 of the 3 anyway)? Are these problems rare, or actually common?

Thanks for any/all answers, or comments.

2. SquirtleSquad7

SquirtleSquad7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, the only thing really wrong with my first edition figures are Starscream's head crest is slightly bent, and Bumblebee's arms are EXTREMELY loose. One more than the other.

3. Cortexitron

Cortexitron Alternate Reality Patrol

I ended up with one perfect Screamer, and one with all the soft plastics bits bent. Arcee had no issues at all, and I never got a Bee. My Bulkhead however, lost his right arm the first time I took him out of the box. Popped right back on, but scared me a little...

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got the Takara Starscream and nothing was bent on him. I believe there is a fix for bent plastic but don't know what it is confidently enough to endorse using heat. I think that's what does it but I don't know for sure.

My Hasbro FE Bee also has a slightly loose arm. Normally for a loose joint I'd drip some Future floor polish into it to tighten it up but I don't see that as an option here because of how it is designed. So I'm stumped here too.

I also have Takara Bulkhead and Hasbro FE Optimus. Neither has any problems what so ever other than emitting pure awesomeness radiation. My FE Cliffjumper also fits this description.

If I had the desire to double up for vehicle mode displays, I wouldn't hesitate.

5. hotspot_2001

hotspot_2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When I took my Bulkhead out his right arm also fell right off. It had actually detached while in the package, but as you said just pops right back on. Must be something with the way that arm is raised up in the package.

6. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

For SS I wouldnt take a heat gun to the rubber pieces. I have heard of people putting them in boiling water for 30 seconds. Then hold them in a little clip and pop them in the freezer. OR you can do what I I did. I got Fakebusters Shapeways upgrade kit for my Starscream and it is 5 kinds of AWSOME you get a replacement crest, two knee spikes, 2 single missles, 2 cluster bombs and Starscreams blaster. Very cool and very worth it.

7. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I actually like that my Starscream's fin is bent a little. Keeps him looking even more personified. :) 

8. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    Oh wow! If I ordered a Bulkhead and it had an arm detached...I'd probably shit a brick. lol

Sounds like some of what I've dealt with has happened to you guys as well. :(  That sucks.

So this Fakebusters Shapeways upgrade kit...how much is it? Also, can you replace the parts very easily? That being the crest and knee spikes. Also, are they hard plastic?

Thanks again for the answers/comments. :) 

9. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I had BOTH of the EXACT same problems when I got Starscream (Saw it at Toys R Us IN THE US!!! :D ).

10. Thinktank

Thinktank Well-Known Member

11. CNCBrawl56

CNCBrawl56 TRU Commander

Ebay:
    Well like people have been saying, hot water then freezer thing might be the best bet, but I have never needed to do it cause my Screamer's head fin is straight!

Anyway.... the wing and arms on mine are not loose thankfully, but one thing mine had, which I don't think I have heard of yet, was one of the heel spurs was flipped upside down.
    So his heel was not flat, and it just looked weird, so I took the bottom half of the leg apart and flipped it the normal way.
    And this is more of a nitpick, but the left side of the chest doesn't seem to sit far enough from the center. Idk, if its that the Autobot symbol is not painted on straight or what but that side of the chest just gets in the way of the Autobot symbol

But ya Arcee is awesome, no complaints.

12. Ellamin

Ellamin Heroes protect Freedom! not safety! BAKA!!

News Credits:
    My FE Bee's Head was backwards too, and his stripes beneath the insignia aren't centered correctly, possibly the insignia, it's only on that piece too, but, aside from having to really push the shoulder cover pegs in his wheels the first time, no other problems.