My first "ERROR" experience with RobotKingdom.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Transbot90210, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    With the news that Breakdown is going to be a Takara only figure, I had to hop online and purchase this must have figure. By the time I found out about the exclusivity or Breakdown only ROBOTKINGDOM (RK) had him in stock and so that is where I ordered him from.

The figure arrives and my eyes light up. I pull him out of his plastic and cardboard prison and liberate all his glory. Well almost all his glory, he came out missing his right chest (the right hood piece that slides to widen his chest). You could imagine my heartbeak considering he is suck a great toy and he doesn't come cheap. So I now am forced to venture into the scary world of overseas, online purchase issue and remedy.

I sent out an email to RK with pictures asking what could be done to fix this. My biggest fear was having to spend more money on shipping to get a perfect figure replacement. With in a day RK got back to me letting me know that they let Takara know about the issue. I wrote back stating that the answer did not address what would be done specifically to correct my issue. The next day I got another reply stating that the piece was mailed out and I also received the tracking number.

I got my piece, it clipped in without issue and I now have a full Breakdown. :) 

The purpose of this thread is to once again support RK's fast and friendly customer service and to show that you can still get this great service from half a planet away. You just need patience when dealing with RK because distance = longer shipping times.

All in all. Thank you Robot Kingdom for not only being a great site to shop from but also one that stands behind their product.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

2. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    Wow, that is a pretty good experience from an online retailer. I have always shied away from using them due to the fact they are an overseas retailer. I have always gone with BBTS. Maybe next time I need something imported I'll look more closely at RK.

3. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I'm glad RK sented you the missing piece from Breakdown. I agree, they do have great customer service (I e-mailed them one day in the past about one of my orders from them, they got back to me pretty quickly)

4. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Recently I ordered a bunch of 3rd party weapons from them. A few hours after paying, I realized that I don't really want the items. I emailed customer service to cancel my order. They got back to me quickly, asked why I wanted to cancel, and granted my request (and refunded my payment) right away. And this is even if they have a non-cancellation policy.

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    This is why I started this thread. You generally tend to hear of negative experiences but rarely the positive.

I'm newer to online shopping and still getting comfortable with sites outside of BBTS or TFSource. These two companies offer exceptional customer service but at a higher price.

I have currently relocated my online shopping time to Captured Prey (American, Board Member, Lowest North American prices and exceptional customer service) and Robot Kingdom for there lower Takara Toy prices and exceptional customer service.

I'm actually content that I had to go through this issue because it has solidified my confidence in RK. Before this all my items came perfect so I didn't know what would happen when and if an issue would ever occur. It has, I now know and I am still sticking to my two go to places.

6. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is really good to know since this was the first time I ordered from RK for MP12 and 13 amazon exclusive. Hopefully, upon arrival, I don't have to go through the QC issue and emailing RK. Most of the time my online orders are from BBTS, sometime CP, and a few time from TSource. If everything goes smoothly, then I can try more order from RK.

7. Outsider4Life

Outsider4Life Where R all the RI fans?

thanks for the info and the scare. Just got my Breakdown 2 days ago from RK. I wasn't planning on opening it up just yet, but now I'm going to have to open it up just in case. I'm not too worried as RK's customer service has always been great if I have had a problem in the past.

8. It Is Him

It Is Him Well-Known Member

Good to hear. I haven't placed too many orders with RK, but it's always good to know they're on top of their stuff.

9. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    Good to hear they're dealing with this decently.

My own bad experience was receiving a 2010 Unicorn with a wrong planet mouth piece. Sent them an e-mail and picture of the wrong piece. After a few e-mails they just stopped replying. Tried again a while later but never heard anything back :( 

10. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    They have a near perfect service so far for me. Also, the title's a bit msleading.

11. IceWilly

IceWilly Technobot

They take a while longer to ship, but this is expected given they are overseas. It's probably mostly an even trade vs a US retailer, but it feels like you get it faster from BBTS because you don't have that long wait after it ships.

They really need to step up their website, and not charge until a pre-order ships... but beyond that I enjoy them.

12. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:

Vague not misleading, but that's how you get people to stop in and read :) 

Actually I get things from RK faster that I do from the States. RK is about a week. TFSource is 2 week + and BBTS...well customs and their price gouging makes me avoid them.

AGREED!!!! If they allow you to stock a preorder and not pay until it is in stock they would become golden.

13. Roger Semerad

Roger Semerad TFW2005 Supporter

Every store that says that you can't cancel orders, I've heard people on this board say that they have for them. I think it's just that they reserve the right to refuse to cancel orders explicitly by saying this to curtail the people who cancel frequently. It might depend on how much you have spent with them though.

Yeah, that website is crap. Makes them look like a cheap shady site. If it weren't for the feedback on various boards I wouldn't even consider them as an option because of it. I still prefer BBTS for my stuff. They carry everything, not just transformers and a few other robot toys that RobotKingdom carries. Robot Kingdom also still has customer service problems from time to time, while BBTS is spotless. Pile of loot works out verry well, and pay later preorder should be standard for online sites. Robot Kingdom inchs ever closer however. Should they ever get an exclusive that I want, I wouldn't have any reservations about using them.

14. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Yeah, I always hear good things about them. I seriously considered ordering Green Giant from RK, but the website looks really crappy and offputting, so I ended up looking somewhere else after exploring the page for a while; I'm not too used to buying stuff through the internet.

15. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I was in the market for a Jet Vehicon last week, and I'm pretty sure I got the best price available at the time (I paid under 40 in total) when I jumped on it. I haven't bought anything from them in the past, but 2 weeks has usually been a good estimate for anything coming out of the province, whether its from Asia or the US.

However, and I don't exactly know what to attribute this to other than being lucky in regards to living on the same size of the continent as one of the guys who I bought from, but I've been getting things from the US a lot faster than I have in the last 2-3 years. Like, out of the last 4 things I've ordered, half of em got to me in a week (which was unheard of for me haha), and the others were at or below the 2 week mark.

As far as overseas stuff goes, I don't really have a lot of data to extrapolate from, but here's to my lucky trend continuing hah.

16. Sai

Sai Decepticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's great to hear about RobotKingdom....especially so since i just ordered MP-11S Sunstorm from them this morning :) 

17. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Somehow, I agreed. I remembered exploring and searching for the MP12, MP13 Amazon Exclusive from RK website and all I could find was the regular MP12,13. I mean what's so hard in putting the Regular and the Exclusive link next to each other so preorder would be much easier. I was looking for alternative but other than Amazon Japan and RK, no other U.S. online has them. Fortunately, member here was able to provide me the direct link to that page so I ended up preordered from RK.

18. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    RK's website IS pretty bad, even a fanboy like me have to admit that. And I don't like it when websites list things that aren't in stock (as long as they don't plan to restock it).
    Their customer service is great though, same with most of their prices, especially Asian 3rd party products.
    I've had some dealings with their customer service, and there's never been a problem. They'll also answer e-mails asking for release dates and such, even if they don't know the dates.

19. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    misleading title aside, RK has always delivered when it matters for me.

20. Furyan

Furyan Furyanicon

News Credits:
    RK has been my go to store for everything I cannot get locally. Great service and they actually had each herc bot reach me within a weeks time and Im in the center of the USA. Go RK!