My first encounter with a scalper!!!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Prowl_Delta_31, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    A few of you may have read that I am a Police Officer and keep toys in my patrol car to give to kids. Well last night I had a really disturbing call dealing with child molestation of a 10 year old boy but needless to say we took him to kids home to stay until his Grandparents can get here from another state to take custody. Well I went to my car and was looking in my trunk and all I had was a FAB Barricade. I really didn't think he would like that to much but I took it to him and ask if he had seen the movie and what his favorite Transformer was. Of course the kid really doesn't know what all is happening. All he knows is that the cops are there taking his Dad away and he is obviously upset. So just trying to calm him down he got all into the discussion about the movie. He told me his favorite looking one was the big black truck with the big guns, Ironhide I said. Well they were kinda poor so I knew that the family really couldn't afford a $20.00 toy so I was going to go get him today and surprise him at the boys home with it. And now to what happened like 6 hours ago....................
    Go into my Wal-Mart and I was just in there like 2 days ago and they had all kinds of Movie TF's along with other lines. Ironhide was not to be found. I found a buddy of mine that works in the department and said man were sis all the TF's go? He said man you just missed a guy that came in here and loaded his buggy down with most of them. The only thing he left on the shelf was a Leader Brawl and some real gears. He told me the guy just walked away like 5 minutes ago right before I walked up. So of course I'm thinking scalper right but I thought I could find the guy and maybe reason with him to get a Ironhide of him if he had one. Well I find the guy up by the registers and man does he have a scalpers haul. I mean he has like 2 or 3 of every movie toy they had including at least 4 08 bumblebees on top. So I came up to the guy real nice I'm in plain clothes with a badge on my belt and my firearm in a paddle holster but I cover them up cause I don't want to make the uneasy. I told him there was a kid that was in bad shape that was really wanting a Ironhide and if he could spare one I would mean alot to him. He just looked at me like I was crazy and goes "theres kids all over this state who WANT something I'm just trying to get on the bandwagon" this really got under my skin. I said look there was a kid the was molested last night and I am the Police Officer that took the report and this would really just make his day if I could get one from you. He just looks at me and says "I have enough problems of my own your not gonna get any help from me". I took all I had not to just punch the guy in the face right there in the store. Anyway I stood there and watched him get his total and everything he got was $507 bucks and thats just for Transformers. I just walked past him and said you are one of the reasons the world is the way it is today. I get a smart "what soes that mean" all I said was no sympathy, caring, or compassion.
    Anyway to make a bad story great I went to a few more stores and found one took it to the kid and the joy on his face when he opened it was enough to bring a tear to even the hardest of Cops eyes. I must admit after I left I had a little cry in my patrol car and all I could think of was getting home and holding my wife and baby .

2. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man you're a really nice person. The world need more people like you :) 

3. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

Man, that guy was pure scum.

4. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    Thumbs up to you and a few thumbs in the ass of that arse. I'd like to believe in karma but it's as much hokey as anything else really. I hope that douchebag gets what he deserves. That's just plain selfish. At least you finally found one though.

5. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

Now that really stinks. :( 

He couldn't give up ONE little transformer from his $508 purchase?

6. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I hear you dude. Im in foster care so were on the other side of that story. I have alot of kids that have never been to the movie theater or never had any comics. I got them some a while back. Good for you man, we need more people to step up like that. the police force down here always donates during Christmas time and I really appreciate that.

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

That's a great story... thanks for sharing. The ending makes it, of course.

Heh... call me cynical and embittered, but it would have improved the story immensely if it finished with Mr. Scalper getting his car towed or getting ticketed for a $500 moving violation or something. I'm just into Hollywood endings that way. :) 

I hate those guys... especially hiding behind that entrepreneurial privilege defense. Dicks, all of 'em.

zmog

8. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

That is a sick story about the scalper, and also what happened to the kid.

At least you were able to find one for him, and that is a good thing.

9. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

bad ass dude, one of your cities finest for sure :) 

10. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If scalpers had tech specs, this is what would be on them.

Thankfully, there's folks like PD31 as well. Nice work, man.

11. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Good for you! You should be proud of yourself. Glad the kid got a himself an Ironhide...finally a cop I can respect.

12. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You are a shining example, man. Shining. :D  I'm glad the li'l guy ended up so happy.

And maybe it's because I'm still in the A/E/C/Classics mindset, but WTF does anyone think they're going to get by picking up several hundred dollars of TF mainline this long after release? Hoarding an -Ironhide-?? Simple greed covers the 08 BBs, but -Ironhide-??

13. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
    that is awesome of you. We need more people like you in the world.

14. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Scalpers ftl. :( 
    Prowl_Delta_31 ftw though! :D 

15. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    You should have followed him to his car, taken his license plate number and seen if he had any outstanding warrants or tickets.

16. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Oh trust me I thought of it but ethics are bitch. Just glad everything worked out great.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    What a dick faced asshole. Atleast you made the kid happy, but to say to a cop you don't care about a kid that got molested? What possible problem could he have that would warrant such foul behaviour.

18. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Thats such a touching story thats it I'm gonna buy a bunch of toys and donated them right now

19. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a good thing that there are just people in the world like Prowl Delta 31 to offset the damage done by unjust people like that scalper.

20. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

It's really nice to see there are still people like you. It's just unfortunate that there are so many people just like that scalper scumbag.

Let's say he manages to sell all his stock for double the price. He would make 500$. Big businessman! That takes care of a few bills for a month, big whoop. These guys don't get it, I guess. He has problems of his own. Boo-hoo! He doesn't even have any shred of consideration for a child that was in a dire situation.

Karma has a way of biting you in the ass…