My first ebay dispute, yay!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Synical, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Synical

Synical Well-Known Member

I never received my items and got hardly any communication from the seller. I waited until the very last day and just now opened a case.

Now...how does this work? I just go back and forth with the seller, and if there's no resolution, I file a claim with Paypal and they basically look at the details and make a judgment?

I mean, what can I say that I haven't already said? I want my items or my money back. So now I get to say the same thing over and over again for the next 20 days until I can file a claim? This will be...fun?

Be honest with me, is this just a futile effort on my part? Has anyone else been through this process? How did it go?

2. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I went through it. Won a figure from a guy, and never received it. I tried contacting the seller twice but got no replies, so I opened the dispute. i told paypal that I never received my item or a response from the seller, and that I wanted a refund or proof that the item was sent, then waited a week or so, then paypal told me that they took money from the seller for a refund. Simple as that.

3. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I had a similar issue back in January. You have to ask him to either return your money or send you your item. If he opts to send you your item, explicitly ask for the tracking number and a scan of the postal receipt/customs form. Tracking in itself doesn't ensure that he didn't send you an empty box, while you can tell by looking at the postal receipt/customs form when did he send it, how much does package weigh, etc... And don't close the dispute until you get your money, or your stuff.

You can read through my thread here:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-ebay/217064-im-having-problem-ebay-bin-auction.html