Minor/Repaint: My First Customs (Alt Soundwave + Movie Soundwave)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Uncrazimatic, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Uncrazimatic

Uncrazimatic Uncrazimatic Bore

nothing new here, just did some simple touch ups

Alt Soundwave
    Skids + Cybertron Soundblaster Head and Weapons
    - dremel'd the head so it would fit on the ball joint
    - dremel'd skids hand so gun would fit
    - drilled in hole in his shoulder so cannon would fit snugly

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Movie Soundwave
    Recon Barricade + Cybertron Soundwave Head
    - didn't really do anything here... ha.
    - pull off cyb soundwave's head, and locked it into place in the separation of the hood... barricade's head is still hiding back there. just did this to see what it would look like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Gang of Soundwaves

- who can name them all? :) 

[​IMG]

2. kiririth

kiririth Well-Known Member

nice custom. The yellow mouthpiece on the Alt SW looks a little off though. Maybe if it was silver it would match the rest better

3. Uncrazimatic

ohhh yeah... i've never painted anything.. but maybe i should try that, thanks! that way it wont look like i have 4 of the same cybertron sw heads in my gang of soundwaves.

4. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

I like the Skids as Straight-up Soundwave, though why oh why would you butcher a black Cybertron Soundblaster when the blue parts of a blue Cybertron Soundwave would have been a much better match for a blue Skids body?

Also, I'm intrigued by your Recon Barricade as Soundwave concept. I never considered that before, but it makes for an attractive color scheme... Hmmm....

5. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Dude that movie soundwave is siiick. I dig it. Good job. I never liked Barracade's toy head anyway

6. Uncrazimatic

well.. i got a 2nd gf soundblaster for like $15 and i really liked how the red eyes and black head pretty much matched the black and red of skids... and the blue on cyb sw doesn't really match the skids blue..

yeah.. recon soundwave is just holding place till movie soundwave comes out *crosses fingers*

7. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

Doh... ignore me, I'm just sensitive because I could never find GF Soundblaster for a decent price.

I can see where you're coming from with the black and red bits matching the similarly colored parts on the skids body, I really do see it...but with the blue alt mode... Have you considered putting the Black GF Soundblaster head on an Alt Ravage figure? It seems like the shared red and black there would really work in its favor.

Though now, I'm sorely tempted to try and score a second Cyb Soundwave and merge his bits with a cheap alt skids, thanks to your custom. I'd like to have an Alt Soundwave to stand off against BTA Blaster, and this would fit the bill nicely...

Damn, I wish I had one of those heads now... I would totally do this:

[​IMG]

8. Uncrazimatic

yeah i wanted to call him "Soundwaveblaster" since he had elements of both soundwave and soundblaster..

i myself have to give props to superquad7 for doing it first, he did a soundblaster a year ago using the cybertron soundwave pieces... and more recently Lucs for doing his, and not trading it to me, and forcing me to do my own haha

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey man, thank you very much for the props! I really appreciate it! I'm also glad that my work could inspire you as well, especially since you're such a Soundwave fan!

I wished I had the Galaxy Force Soundblaster head for mine, but I didn't have $60+ for the GF Soundblaster just for the parts. If I could ever find a decently priced GF SB, I'd most likely make another . .

Keep up the good work :thumb  I hope we see more work from you soon!

[BTW, where did you get the blue GF/Cyb Laserbeak and what is is specifically?]

10. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really like the concept of your movie soundwave. Especially since Frenzy ejects from his chest. Nice little homage.

I was thinking that Cybertron Soundwave would be a decent movie stand-in as is but your Barrage bash is better.