Minor/Repaint: My FIRST customization, of many to come.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TacomaPrime, Oct 10, 2010.

1. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So this is my first transformers customization. Nothing major, but it was just something that has bothered me since I got this figure. I plan on doing more customizations in the future, but for now on with the show.

I marked off the missile at the end of the missile storage part, then used a box cutter with a brand new blade to cut them. I then used 150 grit and 220 grit sandpaper to make them smooth.

As I said, nothing major, I just think it looks better with them shorter, cause I display all my figures in robot mode, unless I have 2 figures to display both.

Attached Files:

2. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

I also thought of doing this (since Hasbro makes all missiles too long, for safety) but then I realized that you couldn't fire them in Alt mode. If these were spring loaded it wouldn't be a problem but since these use the tension of the ball joint and your finger pressure, you wouldn't have enough material left to push them.

I don't usually launch mine but I decided NOT to modify. Your Mod does help, visually, with the robot mode. Now can you fix the Ape arms and get the shoulders to move up?

3. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I agree. I don't ever fire the missiles on mine, so it wasn't even an afterthought for me.

4. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mod looks great. I have a Mindset on preorder and I'm considering doing something similar when he arrives.

5. Broken Forge

Broken Forge Formerly Neo Vox

News Credits:
    I chopped the missiles on mine the day I got him, and it really does look considerably better.
    The draw of being able to fire the missiles in alt mode was easily outweighed by how dopey I thought the long missiles looked in robot mode, for me at least.