Heavy/Scratch: My First Custom Box Project (In The Works)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by thyvipera, Nov 1, 2007.

1. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

Hey everyone,

So I finished my first box. Well, somewhat finished. It still needs some new styrofoam and clear window. I know it's really bad. But hopefully with more practice with photoshop and some better paper, they will start coming out better. Anyways, just wanted to share my first box.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Higher resolution images. ASAP.

I can already tell that at this small size (and I do hope that these are in a MUCH higher printing resolution) that several of the images are at too low of a resolution and thus provide blurry/pixelated results. Not only that, but they weren't masked that well, and artifacts of the original images remain.

I know there are some plugins available for photoshop to make the masking process easier, but I've never searched for any of them. As for the quality of the images themselves, I'd suggest finding some higher resolution images to work with. On a final note, make sure the box itself is at a resolution no lower than 150, but 300 is recommended.

3. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

thanks for the advice. I'm not familiar with resolution & masking or anything really. I'll definately look up some stuff and work on it. Thanks again.

4. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    You may want to double-check your spelling too before you get too far into production. You call Grimlock "Dinobot cammander."

5. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

thanks, didn't notice.

6. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Another thing I noticed has to do with Buzzsaw and Laserbeak - they're both the same size in the image, but one is supposed to be in front of Soundwave while the other is meant to be behind. Perspective would make the one behind Soundwave smaller than the one in front.

Also, I'd refrain from leaving out the window details. If you don't cut exactly, you'll end up with white bits around the window, which would look unattractive. Continue the detail a bit into the window so that you actually end up cutting some of the red/purple off - it ought to provide for a cleaner result.

7. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

updated

8. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Hmm... the new stuff seems a bit faded. I'm not sure whether it's the paper or the original file, but some extra saturation may help. *nod*