Customs: My first custom B-1 or Concorde,.... Opinions?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by RyakinX, Nov 8, 2007.

1. RyakinX

RyakinX Well-Known Member

Well I've decided to do my first custom after pouring over the forums here for a few weeks. Inspired by the movie starscream and his military acurate mock up, I am going to try to do a military acurate Superion.

So I won a KO off of Ebay and am eagerly awaiting its delivery. :p 

Thing is I need some help with Silverbolt, do I paint him up as a B-1 bomber or a Boeing SST transport? Shout out with comments or suggestions.

Oh and if anybody has tried this before can you throw a link up for it so I can get some ideas?

Hmmm i need a Sig,......

2. Guiltar

Guiltar Active Member

well for your need of a sig, you could go over to the Fan Art section and look for the " Im in need of a sig/avatar " thread.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    With your need for a sig, it appears that you don't have Photoshop, so I won't suggest digibashing your ideas (but you could get another member to). If you want to try out ideas, a shorthand method I still use is printing off a coloring sheet of your initial mold. Try different ideas and see what you like best :thumb 

Also, you're considering different specific aircraft, but I'll reiterate using Google and other research tools for your bashes.

I hope that's helpful! :thumb 

4. RyakinX

Thanks for the tips guys.

Yeah I've already done the picture research for the various arms for their military scheme. As far as Silverbolt is concerned, was looking for opinions, B-1 or SST.

B-1 would fit the scheme better, but correct me if I'm wrong Silverbolt is not actually a military aircraft, he is a SST transport. Just trying to get everyones feelings on the matter.

I am going to fire up PS when I get home tonight and bash on a picture of em to get an idea where I want to go.

LOL would be interesting If I could get Delta to do a black version of the stickers as I'm thinking of a primarily grey and black paint scheme.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    silverbolt is a concorde passenger jet.

As for Delta, he does color-swaps like that all the time. You'll have to pay a markup for the special run, but its not much.

6. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Silverbolt is a Concorde... a civil airliner.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Well it's cool to know you have PS anyways *stands corrected*

Keep us posted! :thumb 

8. RyakinX

Well got the KO yesterday and now I'm working on cleaning and disassembly will post pics as I have them on the WIP. Still looking for suggestions on whether I should go with the Concorde or ignore that and do the all military angle and go for a b-1 bomber. Meaning what would you guys like to see Concorde or B-1, I'll go with the majority

Oh yeah and when people have said the plastic quality on the KO isn't the best, I never really picked up on just HOW FRAKKIN BAD the quality is. I might just have to break out some sculpting material just to close mold lines, and then recast the whole damn part and re-pour with resin.

9. RyakinX

Figured I'd ad my example pics to convey what I'm thinking, bear in mind the arms are going to be mainly grey and black.

B-1 Bomber:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and the Concorde:
    [​IMG]

10. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

It all depends, if you are going for a G1 look I would go for the concord look. Now if I was personally doing it I would do a military jet as an updated to Silverbolt. Make since considering all the other Aerialbots were military jets but him.

11. Evil Porkchop

Evil Porkchop Pork, the evil white meat

If you want to go with military aircraft still in use this is what I would do.

Silverbolt - B-1B
    Air Raid - F-15
    Skydive - F-16
    Slingshot - AV-8B
    Fireflight - F-18

Now if you wanted to update all of them I'd go with this.
    Silverbolt - B-1B, there just isn't much else that would make sense for him
    Air Raid - F-22
    Skydive - Eurofighter Typhoon
    Slingshot - F-35
    Fireflight - Su-37

12. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Problem is Fireflight is most definately not an F18. F18's have two tail fins set at Im guessing a 60* angle. I have no idea what he'd be though. But I suppose that other than the tail fin issue, he could be an F18.

13. REDLINE

News Credits:
    just make him an f16, they're both sister craft, based off the same thing. one's for the AF one's for the Navy. F16 is single seat, single engine, single tail.. F18 is dual seat, dual engine, dual tail.

14. Altercron

Knew there were a couple more differences. Good job REDLINE.

15. REDLINE

News Credits:
    hehehe NP. I love military tech, and jets especially. why I collect all things seekers :p 

16. Altercron

Then it's funny neither one of us realized that his original alt mode is an F4 Phantom. I was just looking at some old Vietnam War pics and it was like....DUH

17. SureShot90

Ebay:
    Fireflight is a F4B Phantom II.

F/A-18 is NOT a sister aircraft to the F-16. Both jets were developed independantly and seperately - they are NOT based on the same thing. There are severel hughe differences to this both mission wise, structurally and aerodynamically.
    The F16- was developed for the air force. The F-16 was originally developed from a concept for an experimental lightweight fighter (LWF) and has evolved into an all-weather fighter and precision attack aircraft. The F-16 has been manufactured on as many as five separate production lines, making it the largest fighter program in the Western world. Over 4000 F-16s have been built, with production still continuing, making it the largest fighter program in the Western world.
    The closest "sisters" to the F-16 are Ching-kuo Indigenous Defense Fighter and Mitsubishi F-2

The F/A-18 was ment for the Navy. Meaning a much tougher and heavier structure able to withstand carrier landings. Twin engines for additional safety operating over water. Dual rudders for the same purpose. When first coming of the production line F/A-18 was far more advanced than the F16 regarding avionics etc and weapon delivery capabilities. The F/A-18 was developed as a multirole fighter which in essense is the jets primary drawback since it's doesn't perform 100% excellent in both envelopes, however it's still better than most. It's probably a more advanced strike aircraft than the F16, but as a dogfighter even the new F/A-18E Super Hornet fails to turn and burn with the agile Falcon (The old F/A-18 could do sustained 8g+ turns, the Super Hornet 7.5g+, the F16 9g+).

Well enough with the ranting :D 

18. Altercron

And the F-18E Super Hornet is probably the most kickass plane the Navy will ever have in my father's lifetime. Blows the Tomcat away. My favorite fightjet is the Falcon though. But that's just my Air Force brain talking.

And while we are on the subject, I just looked up the Harrier that Slingshot is suppossedly supposed to be. Uh....doesn't look like it to me *holds Slingshot up to screen beside various pics of Harriers* nope. It's close, but Im sure there is a better match somewhere.

19. SureShot90

Ebay:
    That's your choice :D  I'd still say the old Cat would kick ass. It was the worlds best interceptor... nothing like a sixpack of AIM 54C's and the jet still being able to turn and burn at 8g's... not bad at all.

Regarding Slingshot, he's either based on the AV-8A or Sea Harrier FRS.1 - but most likely the first.

20. Altercron

Im going to go with the first one.