My First CPS Victim

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Blaster_Prime, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

So I've been short on cash lately and decided it was probobly time to pass on my MOTU2002 figures to someone who has the room for them. I brought them over from my mother's house where they were displayed on my old bedroom shelf while I was at college and have been there since High School.

Sorting through them last night I was pleased to find that despite some warping of weapons due to som cheap, thin, rubbery, plastic and a need of a good dusting, they were in great shape, something I have always taken pride in even when I was a child.

One by one I went through each figure until I got to Tri-Klops. In hand I checked his arm mechanism, still worked just fine. Then, I moved on to his visor gimick. With one gentle turn of the small green visor...his entire head came off in my hands.

I was heartbroken, how could this happen? I take great care of my toys, I always had...then I noticed the head assembly that kept the head on the body adn apparetly the same mechanism that allowed the visor to spin...a single clear plastic rod.

The rod apparently rotted at the joint where the head and body met, and having no other mechanism or glue to keep the head on, once it rotted away, the head came clean off, instantly killing any hope I had to selling the entire lot for a decent price. T.T

Tri-Klops is now within my care, head temporarily glued on with elmers. A home shall be found for him somewhere in my collection as will a few others that I was originally planning to sell. Still...it's sad to see that sort of thing happen, and now I dread what might happen with some of my transformer toys, particularly TM Megatron considering he is the only other toy I have that is on the list of GPS/CPS victims.

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Sucks when one bad figure screws up the whole lot.
    Sorreh to hear. Im scared to go dusting through my old figs, it's the ones you least expect that ends up breaking somehow, and it's usually from a gentle turn on a joint or something

Maybe you can buy a cheap loose one to perfect your collection again, so you can sell it as a whole. Then just keep the broken one for memories lol

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry what does GPS/CPS mean? After reading your post, I'm wary to check on my MOTU figures too!

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Gold plastic syndrome / clear plastic syndrome. Basically, the plastic is brittle because of the way that it is made. In the case of clear plastic it's the fact that it is clear that makes it so fragile, but different plastics vary. Even some from the same batch can be differently affected.

5. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

Aside from the warping of swords and other weapons made from thin plastic they should be fine...except for Tri-Klops of course. I have most of the main cast and Tri-Klops is the only one to prove trouble for me so far...again, aside from plastic warping.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the explanation guys!