My first Botcon

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by AtomicBallSac, Jun 1, 2009.

1. AtomicBallSac

AtomicBallSac Destroyer of Worlds

I'd have to say that I had a good time at Botcon. I met several different people from all around the world and shared plenty of stories. I look forward to doing it again. If I had to give it a rating I would say probably an 8 out of 10.

Here's few things that would've made it better:

- Show the entire movie (the clips they showed were awesome, I wanted more).

- Organization could've been better.

- I would've like to see lower prices at some of the dealer tables (how could someone justify selling an ROTF Deluxe class figure for $25.00 when they bought it at the club store for $13.00). CRAZY!!!

How would you rate this years Botcon?

2. Master Sing

Master Sing G1 OG

It was my first as welll... having been to a few SDCC's & Wondercons, I was actually thninking it was going to be bigger - but it was packed tight & had plenty of stuff to look at....

Scored some good deals though - $50 for a black & brown Megatron reissue, $30 for a vintage complete G-1 Thrust, Henkei Cyclonus/Smokescreen for $25 ea & KO Grimlock MISB for $40....

Perfect thing was the mall right across the street, which kept the woman occupied for the duration of my visit!

3. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was my our first Botcon too. We've been to a Joecon and a few other conventions, but they were blown away by Botcon this year! M ywife actually had a great time and we met a ton of great people. The only time she had to "run" for the door was around the Hasbro and TFCC Panels. Other than that, it was very smooth. The lines were long, but great conversations made the time go by pretty quickly. Here's looking forward to next year...