Minor/Repaint: My First Bashes: Roadbuster & Whirl (WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Prime Aspect, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Prime Aspect

Prime Aspect Visual Synthesis Engineer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just started working on my first minor mods.

For Roadbuster, I took a head from an Armored Core "Head Unit" accessory pack and have begun a very rough paint on the head to match Roadbuster's colors. Still quite a bit of detailing and touchups on the head to go. The goal is to take at least one more Roadbuster (I have a total of three) and re-head in the same way, and treat them as drones under the command of Botcon Springer and CD Hot Shot. Add some more Armored Core or Gundam weapons modded to fit in standard TF pegs, and we've got a well-armed squadron of Wreckers.

The other head in the Armored Core pack makes a pretty good Whirl, so I put it on Universe Springer, and replaced the tow-hook with a gatling gun from an old Gundam Model (F90) These pics are just a rough put-back-together of Whirl, as many of the internal gears are still on the table. Notice the half-put-back pegs for the tail wings. Eventually, Whirl will get a complete repaint in a more blue theme.

Still rough, but thought I'd post the in-progress images, since these are my first bashes other than adding some silver to the face of a Cyclonus.

Attached Files:

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Welcome to Radicons, buddy! I'm really glad to see you post these, as I remember you telling me about them. So far, your work looks really good. Definitely keep us posted! :thumb 

3. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

These are both looking really good. That head fits roadbuster well. I always thought he should have a bulky "tough" look to him.

Can't wait to see whirl repainted!

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    rut-roh, another NC guy....

:p 

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

very cool. I like your where you are going here.