Minor/Repaint: My first attempt

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Tim Vader, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Tim Vader

Tim Vader Well-Known Member

I have a pretty beat up devastator and a set of one of the third party "beef up" kits that has lost a finger over the last few months. I figured since he is already busted, I may as well beat him some more. I just did a simple black wash over the parts and then a dry brush of white, followed by silver. I plan on adding some wires and some more damage to the broken arm to give it a really busted up look. I know its pretty heavy on the damage, thats what I was going for though. I also want to put some "mud" details in there and paint a few smaller details in as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. maxlovesamber

maxlovesamber TF Addict.

News Credits:
    On a great track for your vision! I'm diggin the abused custom :) 

3. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

nice weathering. he has a great look going on..

4. Tim Vader

A few better pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

Looks good for a first attempt.

6. Carpool

Carpool Well-Known Member

"This isnt a custom...youve just painted over a bunch of broken crap." Lol...some of you will get that and yes...Im beating a dead horse. Really though. This is awesome. For the broken arm you should make him leaking energon everywhere. Like a river of flowing energon down his side and on to the ground. Something else cool that you could do. Make the arm like hanging or dragging. Its a bit cliche to have it knocked off...hanging to me would suggest so much damage that Bonecrusher couldnt separate or transform due to the amount of trauma. THATS interesting...to me anyhow. Bunch of copper wires and I dont know yer skill lvl but you could make him "exposed" in places to have internal crap coming out. Maybe a spring or something...anyhow. I think its awesome and dont sell yourself short on it.

7. Tim Vader

I actually plan on having the arm hang. I've got some wire here that I am going to attach it with, then I'm going to add the decorative wiring that's all flimsy looking.

The energon leaking is a great idea! I am thinking about having some blast damage added, or putting a grimlock bite mark on the forearm.

I painted this up before dinner last night, I literally only have an hour or so into it so far. I plan on actually "customizing" him a bit more. I have a few ideas for future pieces and I need to start somewhere, so I figured the "broken crap" was a good enough start as any!

8. Tim Vader

I did some more tweaking earlier. I added a piece of copper wire from some wire I had laying around from the house as a main support for the dangling arm, some smaller wire for decoration and a piece of heat shrink tubing. I put a spot of hot glue in the tubing to have sthe appearance of something dripping out of it, then painted some blue "energon"leaking everywhere. I also did a brown dry brush on a lot of spots to dirty him up some more. I am thinking of making some hot glue puddles to paint the energon on or doing a diorama stand for him since he really isn't transformable at this point.

The wire in the pictures doesn't fall very natural, I am still working on the pose, but thats how it started

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Optimussentinel

Optimussentinel Well-Known Member

Zombie Devy!