My Fictional Version of "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" -Optimus Corpse/NEST

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TylerMirage, Oct 11, 2009.

?

What would want for the "Optimus Corpse at NEST" scene?

1. Leave it alone, like it exists in the film already.

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Only have the soldiers salute the body of Prime.

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Only have Ratchet examine Optimus' body.

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. Have BOTH the soldiers saluting and Ratchet examining.

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    As some of you may or may not have heard, I've been working on some changes that I could make to Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, to make it a "better" film. So, this and future threads will just be me wanting your feeback on some ideas of mine for my "What-if, Fictional" version of the film.

When Optimus' corpse is returned to N.E.S.T./Diego Garcia (?) and is dropped to the ground rather rudely, there's one thing that really irked me: The fact that the soldiers just walk up, stare at Optimus' body like it was some sort of random-animal-roadkill, and put their hands on their hips. :banghead:  I mean, would it have been too much to ask to have Lennox, Epps, and maybe a few other soldiers remove their hats and salute the fallen Autobot leader?! I mean, right their is a little more of a 'human-touch', more emotion, more interaction between these comarades, showing their sorrow and respect, that I think could've done this scene a lot more good.

Another little change I was thinking of for this scene (just after thhe soldiers walk up and just before the hummers approach) would be to have Ratchet approach the body of Optimus, and examine it. The camera tracks around Ratchet, revealing him, the body of Prime, the soldiers, and back again in a full 360-degree turn. Sideswipe slowly approaches and inquires "Ratchet, can you...?" (implying that Ratchet could repaire Optimus). Ratchet shakes his head solemnly, "No, he's too far gone. He's already in stasis lock." [Now, insert the hummers and and the Autobots being threatened]. Once again, a little more emotion for these alien creatures, and more lines for Ratchet and Sideswipe.

Vote and post your thoughts, please!

2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    NO, i prefer what i saw in the film

3. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i would have the soldiers look a little more forlorn, and i would have a shot of the autobots looking really upset about it.

4. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I personally liked the scene as it is, but it would have been nice to see the soldiers saluting him. However, the Ratchet examining him seems unnecessary for me, it would be fine to just let the audience speculate that he had died. It's more dramatic that way.