My Fictional Version of "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" -Jetfire and Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TylerMirage, Oct 10, 2009.

?

What would you rather have? Jetfire vs. Mixmaster/Scorponok OR Jetfire vs. Devastator

1. Jetfire vs. Mixmaster/Scorponok

9 vote(s)
    18.0%
  2. Jetfire vs. Devastator

41 vote(s)
    82.0%
  1. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    As some of you may have heard, I've been working on some changes that I could make to Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, to make it a better film. So, this and future threads will just be me wanting your feeback on some ideas of mine for my "What-if, Fictional" version of the film.

What would you guys rather have: 1.) Jetfire battling Mixmaster and Scorponok, or 2.) Jetfire taking on Devastator? I've been working on some rough storyboard images for this possible sequence, and because I don't want to take up too much time (as the film is plenty long enough), I've restricted Jetfire taking on Devastator to about 1.5 minutes to account for the approximately 1 minute that Jetfire takes to kill Mixmaster and Scorponok. This allows Devastator to get some wanted screentime, along with showcasing both Jetfire's and Devastator's fighting skills, revealing that Jetfire is still a formidable opponent despite his age and that Devastator is awesome. I'll spare you the entire breakdown of the battle, but it could be summed up like this: (removing Jetfire vs. Mixmaster and Scorponok) Jetfire arrives in Egypt, clunks into Devastator's head [humour], delivers his lines, flies around Devastator (confusing the latter), whacking Devastator with his cane [more subtle humour], Jetfire shooting at Devastator, Devastator grabs Jetfire out of mid-air, partially crushes him, and throws him to the ground to continue destroying the pyramid. Sure, the battle could be longer, but I didn't want to spend TOO much time on it. Then, after Jetfire 'crash-lands', the Autobots open fire on Devastator, barely scratching him, but distracting him while the navy ship fires it's rail-gun. Now, the death of Devastator can be attributed to the navy, and the Autobots with Jetfire's help.

(Hopefully the poll is created right) Vote and post your comments.

2. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Jetfire Vs. Dev.

3. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this would have been a good idea.

I mean seriously...It would have been an awesome idea! It would have been less of a cop out death for Devastator, and it would have showcased Jetfires strength, and why Optimus would have had to combine to take on the Fallen.

It would have been perfect!

Personally I would have taken out the whole rail gun thing all together, though.

4. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

And people says it's a bad idea to have fans write these movies, bah!

Execellent idea, I'm down with that :D 

5. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

Ir think the autobots should have come up with a cleaver way to lure devastator into a trap and kill him, as that railgun scene was totally lame.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I say Jetfire vs Devastator.

But something other than the rail gun to take the big guy out. Perhaps something crafty and bit underhanded on Jetfire's part to show he's learned a lot of tricks over his years. Maybe he could take off Devastator's head with the teleport since it seems to be an area effect ability.

7. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    You and me both! I'm waiting until it comes out on DVD to do my changes...

But you've seriously got some good ideas going here. I can't wait to see what you've got in store for us.

I'd pick Mixmaster and Skorpy. I don't really know why, but it just seems right to me.

8. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    Jet vs. Dev.

this could turn out to be a very cool Gandalf vs. Balrog kind of fight.

9. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

Jetfire Vs Devastator. I like the suggestion of Jetfire using his Spacebridge teleportation powers to take Dev's down as well.

10. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I like your analogy, poho; the whole "Gandalf vs. the Balrog"-thing. :thumb  Very nice. The only analogy I could come up with was "a bird vs. a bear". o_O  Pfftt... Why couldn't I think of yours? :banghead: 

I also like the idea of using his space-bridge technique. Hmmm...Maybe he could try grabbing onto Devastator's massive melon, then try space-bridge-ing and basically rip off Devastator's head in some strange, funky-looking telepor-splosion! :bay 

11. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Very good idea. Very good!
    That would have rocked!:thumbs2: 

12. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    like i sayed before, i like what i saw in the movie, aslo i dont like the idea of jet vs devs

13. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    To be honest I think they wasted Devastator. He never seemed like a real problem. Those scenes could've been a lot more dramatic. He should've been an unstoppable force of massive devastation.

For one thing I would've had Devastator in a city rather than the desert. You need to see him next to more everyday things to feel a sense of scale. I know the pyramids are big, but it's not the same. In a city he'd pose a bigger threat and he could do some real damage. People should've died. As it was, I just wasn't all that worried whether the twins would make it or not.

There are some youtube clips from the videogame that get it a bit closer to what I would've liked.

YouTube - Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Devastator-Boss Fight

14. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think Devastator would be bigger than how he's shown in that clip.

15. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Jetfire vs. Dev's is the perfect battle.
    You get more backstory instead of Jetfire just ripping out his spark and his parts going to Prime.
    And Dev's doesn't die by being shot by a giant rail gun

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think you are right. If we had seen Devastator in a city it would have been better to really grasp his scale. The Great Pyramids are just so huge and most of us haven't seen them in person so it's a bit hard to grasp just how huge he really is.

Plus with the way they love to throw nods into the movies it's a shame they had a huge monster of a character and didn't get in some nods to something like the Japanese Godzilla movies.

17. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Yeah that's what I'm getting at, you can't really relate to the pyramids for scale. They could've been shown at twice their natural size and I wouldn't have known it.

And off topic, I'd love to see Devastator vs Godzilla. I've often thought he was the transformers equivalent(well ignoring trypticon that is).

18. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

Perfect.

19. Rhinox007

Rhinox007 Liquid Fire

I'd probably like to see how Jetfire gets distracted in the middle of the fight, teleports by accident and so ripping apart half of devastator's chest in the action. Then making some statement to youngsters and then he flies off to kill Mixmaster and scorponok

20. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I voted for Mixy vs JetFire, but the battle shouldn't end so quickly, Mixmaster should put up a good fight being a "constructicon" and all.