My Fictional Version of "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" - Audio

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TylerMirage, Oct 9, 2009.

1. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    As some of you may have heard, I've been working on some changes that I could make to Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, to make it a better film. So, this and future threads will just be me wanting your feeback on some ideas of mine for my "What-if, Fictional" version of the film.

Altered and Added Audio
    *These changes require NO ADDITONAL FOOTAGE, merely the addition or alteration of audio dialogue and sound effects.

>For some reason or another, part of the ShowWest footage of the “Bumblebee in Sam’s Garage” sequence was edited out of the final film. Most noticeably, Bumblebee’s line of: “What – is – your – purpose, - Sam?” (Where “Sam” is the only word spoken by Bumblebee himself (voice actor, Mark Ryan). It would’ve been good to have some more dialogue from Bumblebee himself, as opposed to his radio. I also think that it would’ve been a nice, subtle lead into the whole “find The Matrix, merge it with Optimus' spark for it is and always has been your destiny” thing.

>When Soundwave jettisons Ravage, he doesn’t speak, and there is no indication as to what he’s doing. (Fans know, but the general audience member doesn't). Soundwave should say – “Ravage, eject. Operation: Retrieval.”

>When Rampage is holding Sam’s parents hostage, in the usual Decepticon style, he doesn’t speak; but merely growls and roars. In the novelization by Alan Dean Foster, Rampage says, while pointing his guns and Sam’s parents, “Give me the Matrix! Or your parents die!” This could easily be put into the film, seeing as how growls could be replaced with actual dialogue. (Plus, seeing as how Kevin Michael Richardson ‘voices’ him anyway, might as well give him some actual words) And it gives the audience some indication of actual battle plans/planning and THOUGHT for the Decepticons.

>Devastator’s combination sequence: As Devastator’s almost completely formed head scrapes across the sand and his eyes glow an ominous green, he bellows “DEVASTATORRRRRRR!!!!!!!” in a warped, extremely loud roar.

>A few shots later, as the camera pans over the top of the pyramid with Megatron on top of it, Devastator also bellows in garbled tone “PREPARE FOR EXTERMINATION!!!!!!”

Factual Errors
    > General Morshower: (referring to Megatron’s corpses location) “…that is 3200 fathoms down…” (this is the correct statement for the Laurentian Abyss being 3.7 miles deep)

>Sailor: “_______ sonar holding the five contacts and they’re coming up fast!”Captain: “Man collision alarm! Left-turn rudder!” (as opposed to "...holding six contacts..." (which pissed off some fans)

Your thoughts?

2. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    >When Soundwave jettisons Ravage, he doesn’t speak, and there is no indication as to what he’s doing. (Fans know, but the general audience member doesn't). Soundwave should say – “Ravage, eject. Operation: Retrieval.”

>When Rampage is holding Sam’s parents hostage, in the usual Decepticon style, he doesn’t speak; but merely growls and roars. In the novelization by Alan Dean Foster, Rampage says, while pointing his guns and Sam’s parents, “Give me the Matrix! Or your parents die!” This could easily be put into the film, seeing as how growls could be replaced with actual dialogue. (Plus, seeing as how Kevin Michael Richardson ‘voices’ him anyway, might as well give him some actual words) And it gives the audience some indication of actual battle plans/planning and THOUGHT for the Decepticons.

I couldn't agree more on these two myself, it would have really been something else to see this on IMAX, too bad it didn't.

3. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rampage actually growls "Saaaam... Witwickyyyy..."

4. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    protocida: He says that? I couldn't really tell. I'll just have to watch the film with subtitles to get all of the details. Still, I'd rather have a line of dialogue with substance, rather than just growling "Saaaam...Witwickyyyy..."

5. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He does. It's hard to catch, tough, because Sam and Ron are speaking at the same time. It's at about the time Sam's shows the Matrix and Ron yells that they'll kill them all anyway.