My Fictional Version of "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" – Rambo Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TylerMirage, Nov 14, 2009.

?

What, if anything, could've been done to lessen the severity of Optimus' violence?

1. Keep Optimus shooting Demolishor point-blank.

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Replace (above) with Demolishor's spark slowly being extinguished.

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Keep the "Give me your face!" line.

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  4. Replace the above dialogue with something else, ex. "It's over!"

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    As some of you may have heard, I've been working on some changes that I could make to Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, to make it a better film. So, this and future threads will just be me wanting your feedback on some ideas of mine for my "What-if, Fictional" version of the film.

Vote and comment.

Now, I'm not here to start an argument about Optimus' violence, or to say that it was horrible and degrading to the character, I'm just here to listen to your comments and suggestions on some of my ideas.

*Note: I'm alright with the physical violence, but it's the relishing of the violence (dialogue) that gets me.

I for one, liked what Optimus did in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen to a certain extent.
    >Shooting Demolishor point-blank: At first I was fine with this, but then as I thought about it more, it began to seem more merciless every time. My suggestion for this was for Demolishor to give the threat, and then for Optimus and Ironhide to still stand there; Optimus saying, "Not today.", but then NOT raising his weapon, but instead cutting back to a close-up of Demolishor's head. Demolishor's glowing red/yellow(?) optics dim...and dim...eventually going out completely, his head slumps to the side and he loses his colour as his spark is extinguished. (Foreshadowing a similar event...)
    >Ripping Grindor's face in half: I thought this was AWESOME! It was just Prime's way of saying, "I've had enough! I don't have time to deal with you!" and taking Grindor out as quickly as he can.
    >Power-Up Optimus using Megatron's own weapon to shoot the latter in the face: AWESOME and hilarious! Similar to the 'Grindor' thing above, "I don't have time for you!" and showing how powerful the new Optimus was.
    >Power-Up Optimus and the "Give me your face!"-thing: Seeing as how this has become an oft-quoted part of the Transformers-fandom, I myself find this quite funny. But, as this did cause the most uproar from what I've heard, what do you think Optimus could've said instead? My suggestion was that he could've replaced the dialogue "Give me your face!" with something like "It's over!" and then proceed to rip The Fallen's face off.

2. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

I just take that line as evidence of Optimus' deep rooted desire to be a Decepticon.

3. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Prime is finally a badass. IMO, let him be.

4. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    I realize that in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen he is a bad@$$, and not a wimp like in the first film, but I just don't want him to be too much of a bad@$$. By all means, I want him to still be awesome and kick butt, and he still can be, even with my changes! However, I still want him to be the 'freedom-loving, peaceful' Optimus we all know and love. A good, even mix of the two extremes.

AWESOME:
    -His entrance into Shanghai. (Holy crap! Did he just parachute out of a cargo plane at 5000 feet and transform onto the road?!?)
    -Takes out Decepticons 5x his size in under 14 seconds, BUT, still remains just, upright, and regal, by letting Demolishor die peacefully.
    -Calm, cool and collected when talking to Galloway, but gives off that 'imposing and threatening' vibe when, uh...threatening Galloway.
    -The Forest Battle: Awesome! :bay  This is Prime's moment to shine and be as bad@$$ as he wants to be, and we won't care because he's doing what he has to do!
    -The final battle. Power-Up Optimus gets to show us a whole new array of fighting moves with this scene, just, I don't like how he relishes the violence by saying "Give me your face!", when he could say something else.

In conclusion, I want a nice, even mix of the 'classic, calm, peaceful' Optimus, and the 'awesome, bad@$$, battle-hardened' Prime.

5. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

Okay. Here goes:

1) Take out the following screen time: 00:00:01 - 02:30:00
    2) Congrats, you fixed the movie. :thumb 

6. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Hardy har har... :rolleyes:  Not gonna' lie, it took me some time before I realized that you were NOT serious. I was like, "One second through two hours, 30 minutes...? Well, what scene occurs at that tim-Oh! That's the whole movie!" *smacks forehead*

Yes, I will agree, that a lot would have to be done to improve the movie (that being said, I enjoyed it thoroughly, saw it 3 times in theatres, and bought the DVD...), but as the saying goes: "A polished turd is still a turd". Well, I'd be willing to settle with the polished turd. :) 

7. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

Just to be straight, my beef is with the stupidity that was displayed in the second TF film. I respect your goal, and I mean no disrespect towards you.

And I was serious. That film was an utter crap.

8. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Cut out the pointless scenes. And shorten the final battle, to me it's way too long.

9. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    I know, ngnikolaos, I understand that your beef is not with me. :) 

And AutobotSkids: All in due time. I'm working on various changes to the film (including removing several pointless scenes [but putting them in a fictional "extended" version of my already fictional version of the film]), but for now, it's all about Optimus Prime and his violence.

10. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

As Michael Bay gets older, grows a beard and starts wearing flannel, he will eventually decide to re-release his Transformers films with new footage and updated special effects. In "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Special Edition", the scene you describe will actually be altered in just this way, leading to heated reactions from fans insisting that the "Prime shot first" version was better. :tongue: 

11. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

LOL! Love that poll. Nothing like impartiality. Leave Optimus alone. Remove Skids and Mudflap.

12. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Who cares? He said to pull over and Demolishor refused to. Demolishor killed a lot of Lennox' men and heaps of people in Shanghai.

13. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Forest Battle.

If you take his badass-ness, than that would be NO MORE!

So, yeah, I'm fine with the awesome robo-violence.

14. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If this is fictional why isn't it in fanfiction?

15. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    For Shanghai:

1. Remove Optimus' "Any last words?" line.

2. Have him approach Demolishor with the implication that he is perhaps ready to spare the Decepticon.

3. Have Demolishor issue his "The Fallen shall rise again" line, then go for a weapon to 'take Optimus and the others with him'.

4. Have Optimus shoot Demolishor before he can fire, then lower his gun with body language indicating sadness or disappointment in the Decepticon, for not accepting life instead of death.

More later.

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What the heck is this "fictional version" you mention so much anyway?

17. Beachbreak

Beachbreak Autobot

I voted "replace with something else."

Demolishor falls from the skyway. Optimus and Ironhide step up to Demolishor. Then, Demolishor says, "This is not your planet to rule! The Fallen shall rise again." Optimus says, "The Fallen, who?" At the moment Optimus' guard is down, Demolishor suddenly tries to fight back against Optimus. Ironhide shoots Demolishor, and Demolishor dies…. Something like that.

I think this is the most natural story line.

18. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    JetRaid: I know! That's the logic that I use to defend Optimus' actions. 'Why did Prime take him out? Sure, Demolishor may have just been fleeing for his life, but the point is that Optimus told him to pull over (he didn't) and in that 2 minute scene, Demolishor probably killed and/or injured dozens if not hundreds of people!' So I do understand that part. But, some people seem upset by this (not me for the most part...), so I'm trying to please both sides (which is proving to be a tireless, painstaking task...). :banghead: 

MTME: I just put this in the movie discussion rather than the FanFiction section because I'm not writing an entirely new story, I'm not rewriting the plot structure of entire sequences, what I'm doing, is merely asking other Transformers fans what they would like to see different when it comes to little things in the already, preexisting film. (So, I guess I could've given the thread a different title...) You know, a line of dialogue here, a close-up there, maybe a few more shots of The Fallen's final battle, etc. I just want your thoughts. "GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS!"

Nachtsider and Beachbreak: I like both of those ideas. Thanks for the input.

Shroobmaster: The "Fictional Version of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" that I keep blathering on about is just that. For the past few months, I've been drawing, writing and photoshop-ing pictures and scenes that could've turned out differently in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. I'm going through the entire film, and, as I explained above, just slightly altering certain scenes; trying to find out what fellow fans would like to see changed, or what they want to remain. It's not a new story, it's not completely rewritten, it's just altered dialogue, more shots of the robots, longer battles, removal of certain scenes, etc.. Simply, a 'What-if' version of the film that will remain on my computer so that when I watch the REAL Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, I can see how the scenes I change would fit (or not fit) in the film. I just want other people's thoughts and ideas to see what I can do with them. :)