My Fictional Version of "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" – Aircraft Carrier End

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TylerMirage, Oct 13, 2009.

1. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    ...ing" (My title is too long)

As some of you may have heard, I've been working on some changes that I could make to Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, to make it a better film. So, this and future threads will just be me wanting your feedback on some ideas of mine for my "What-if, Fictional" version of the film.

I just recently saw Moy’s idea about the ending, and decided to post my take on that (I was coincidentally about to post this soon anyway, but you beat me to it…):thumb 

(Just before Optimus starts talking to Sam on tha aricraft carrier at the end of the film) So, Optimus slowly approaches Sam on the aircraft carrier deck. There is a long, wide shot panning across the deck of the aircraft carrier, revealing the surviving Autobots. (From right to left) Ratchet instructs some soldiers on how to repair a damaged Sideswipe: “You’ll want to rewire that circuit there…”, Ironhide examining his guns, the remaining Arcee units standing there, and Skids, sitting all by his lonesome, clearly sad. Mikaela and Leo approach Skids, expressing their sympathies about Skids' loss. Skids sniffs and looks at them. “He was my best friend…”. Ironhide approaches Skids and explains: “It doesn’t get any easier, kid.” Mikaela looks down and a shy Wheelie pokes his head out from behind her leg and awkwardly waves. Optimus is now beside Sam and they have their dialogue. Optimus delivers his awesome speech, BUT, as opposed to having the last shot be of the aircraft carrier from like 5000 feet in the air, it is instead has one last tracking shot across the deck. The camera pans from left to right, revealing the human characters with the Autobots behind them. Mikaela, Wheelie, Ironhide, Epps, Arcee, Lennox, Sideswipe, Leo, Skids and Ratchet. “…and I send this message, so that our pasts will always be remembered. For in those memories, we live on.”

Vote and comment, please!

2. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Sorry, my poll didn't work, and I can't seem to get it back on.

Well, you can just "vote" by your comments.

1.) Leave the scene alone, as it exists in the film (concentrating only on Sam and Optimus)
    2.) Have it feature Sam and Optimus, but WITH establishing shots of surviving characters, both human and robot

3. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That version is cool, and would have been cool to see, yet I don't mind the version we got.

4. Nightwing24

Nightwing24 00 Agent

News Credits:
    meh I like the twins, I say keep em together. But add the rest of the autobots into the scene.

5. Noctis

Noctis Member

Skids loss? what loss?

6. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like it besides Mudflap dying. And also, I think no one should have talked during that scene but Optimus and Sam, though since Ratchet's in the background, I suppose that's ok.

7. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Sorry, I should've posted a previous idea of mine before this one. (It includes Devastator actually suceeding in devouring Mudflap. (It this context, Skids' loss just gives his character a bit more (serious,) emotional character development.

My mistake, as I should have specified.

But overall, I just wanted that end shot revealing all of the surviving characters, thus establishing them for a future film. Because when I saw the film, I was all like "Well...what happened to the other dozen characters?"

8. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Go with this. I had a similar idea for mine as well.

9. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Edit.

10. Echnalaid

Echnalaid Watermelons?

Ebay:
    I like the epic boat pan shot.
    And it'd be even cooler if at the end of Optimus' speech he says "Till all are one." in a serious, epic tone.

Speaking of carriers, Breakaway should have some cameo.

11. iTeruri

iTeruri Bulkhead is the best

Mudflap shouldn't die. When Devastator eats him he should just be heavily damaged. At the end of the movie he should be alive, but just barely.

Jolt and Bumblebee are missing. Both of these characters should live on to make TF3 a truly awesome movie (I even think Jolt should get his own spin-off movie).

I like the idea, but I don't like three of my favorite characters are either dead or missing.
    But other than that, I think you've got about the right idea. Maybe you could do something similar with the Decepticons?

12. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

I like it, but did what's this about Mudflap dying? Jolt could have said something so we at least know what he sounds like. But yeah, this is a really cool idea and much better than the obviously hurried ending in ROTF.

13. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

I like that. I do think that the ending of ROTF was very rushed, and a more inclusive ending such as the one you describe would have given a better sense of closure to the story and a better acknowledgment of the other characters.

I also agree that Mudflap dying would have provided a very interesting character arc for Skids to embark on, perhaps forcing him to become more mature and responsible in the third movie. It would have been interesting to see.

Some nice ideas.:thumbs2: 

14. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    My apologies once again. I neglected to inform you of OTHER changes that I had made. In this version of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Jolt no longer exists. His screentime has been devoted to Arcee, thus his lack of appearance in this scene of mine. (Don't worry, I plan for him to have a larger role in Transformers 3. And, I for some reason did not include Bumblebee in this scene because I simply forgot. Just add Bumblebee to the pan-shot of the Autobots on the deck, and the last shot of all of our heroes.

In conclusion:

>Jolt isn't in this scene because I have removed his character for a bigger role in Transformers 3.
    >Bumblebee is NOW in the scene.

15. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i vote for Leave the scene alone, as it exists in the film again xD