Heavy/Scratch: My Fansproject Insecticons (almost complete)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by sodawilly, Nov 21, 2011.

1. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hi everyone,

I thought I would show off what I have been having planned for my FP Insecticons. I love the kits that Spoonman and Rumble619 are working on, but after I got my hands on some junker G1 Insecticons, I worked on making those parts, and got a set of my own done for Shrapnel..... Once I got them done, I felt it looked too G1..... I really wasn't feeling the placements of the G1 antennae, so I went with the look of the legs turned up on the back which I like much better personally for these figures. (No disrespect for what Spoonman and Rumble619 are working on.) I loved the heads though, except for Bombshell. I got Bombshells head off and was like WOW, this is underwhelming! lol

I loved the weapons for the figures that they come with, so I decided to use the heads from Kickback and Shrapnel. Because the head of Shrapnel from the G1 figure had a big hole in it, I took the stalk from the head that was cut off, and I used my soddering pen to met it into the hole and fill it.

Before I did that, I melted a hole into the bottom, fitting it for the ball joint on the Stormshred figure. Once I did that, I melted the plastic through the whole in the head, and also melting it through the recently created hole for the ball joint. The whole time doing this, I kept slowly working it on the bll joit while the plastic was ht so it would mold a little bit to the ball joint. Once I got it where I wanted it, I added a couple of coats on the inside socket of Cyanoacrylate, and proceded to work it on the ball joint, then removed the head, allowing the glue to dry a little more, each time working the head onto the ball joint.

Once finished, the head snaps on like a main line release head. I did the same trick for the Kickback head, but just molded the ball joint from the bottom.

This was actually easier than I thought to do, but I will say up front...... TAKE YOUR TIME IF YOU ATTEMPT THIS!!! =) If you go slow, you can size the hole as you go. As for Bombshell, I used the FP head. I thought it had a little more character. I painted it all silver to be a little more accurate colorwise to the cartoon. Weapons for all of these were sprayed in Silver Leaf from Tamiya and then clearcoated. I also did this for the wings on "Kickback". Another thing I did on Kickback was I trimmed a small section out of the inside top of the head, so that Kickbacks head can sit snuggly over the robt mode head in insect mode.

The symbols on Kickbacks shoulders were covered in Tamiya Gloss Black. For the chest on Bombshell, I knew trying to strip that symbol would be a mess, so I used multiple coats of Flat Yellow Tamiya brush paint. I forget what brand of brushes I use as I got them last year for Christmas...... The ones I have though have a special brush which really helps the paint go on smooth and leaves no streaks. The Flat Yellow is a perfect match to what is used on the chest. I wonder if Fansproject uses Tamiya paints in production.....

With all of that being said...... Here they are! I am going to still add some of the decals from the sets from Reprolabels, but not all. I already used the ones I wanted to for Shrapnel. =)

Enjoy,

- Gregg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  2. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Oh a self cleaning stove so fancy! Just kidding those look amazing nice work.

3. sodawilly

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol Thanks!..... The stove or the figures? LMAO.... :thumbs2: 

- Gregg

4. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    The figures there defintely sharp.

5. sodawilly

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was being a smartass..... lol Thanks =) :thumbs2: 

- Gregg

6. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 Getting a job to buy TFs.

News Credits:
    I was always disappointed that FP Shrapnel looked more badass than FP Bombshell, please give Bombshell an butt-ton of guns.

7. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

these r WICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...well done..:thumbs2: 

8. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    they look great...really dig'n the blue decals