My experience as an extra on TF3 (SPOILER FREE)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by optimusdestruction, Sep 13, 2010.

1. optimusdestruction

optimusdestruction THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

News Credits:
    I had the opportunity to be an extra for the Detroit shooting of TF3 and it was truly an expierience of a life time. I certainly can't and will not go into anything that I saw and what I was told while shooting so please don't ask, thanks in advance.

The cast and crew....

First and foremost Michael Bay. I geared up for a lashing while working with Bay. I anticipated yelling, throwing things, everything we have heard or read about him. I can tell you first hand this is all B.S. Michael conveys a very clear message as to what he wants done but never once did he yell, disrespect, or do any of the things he is "known" for.

I can say this much I WAS DIRECTED BY MICHAEL BAY! He chose me for a scene walked over and explained what was going on, what he needed me to do and simply asked me "can you do this?" Of course my answer was yes. After it was all said and done he gave us all a head nod and a smile. From my brief expierience with Mike Bay in my opinion he is first class. He has alot of passion for this movie and it is so clear how much he wants it to succeed.

Tyrese! I didn;t know what to expect out of Tyrese but I was very surprised by his actions. When we first showed up on set he walked up, introduced him self, thanked us all for being there and stressed safety on set. He took pictures, chatted with everyone and made us feel very welcome. Again, first class in my opinion.

Patrick Dempsey, what a gentleman. Signed autographs, took pictures, the whole deal. He would take the time for you and give you the time of day that many others didn't. He actually sat with the extras and the kids on set for lunch! how cool is that. Top notch.

Simon Warnock - First assistant director. Awesome guy! Takes the time to explain your roll, what your doing, and how you did. Always had a smile on his face and always told you good job. Just an awesome guy!

Lorenzo Di Bonaventura - Very busy guy. I didn't have the chance to talk to him, however I did say hello to him as he walked in for lunch and he looked at me with a smile and said hello back. Good enough.

Ian Bryce - Again very busy guy, all about the job and not much else. This isn't a bad thing, I got the impression he was there to get the job done. Workaholic type guy.

The rest of the crew was amazing. Everyone was willing to help out. All very good people, they made it an expierience I won't soon forget.

If you're wondering why I haven't said anything about one person you would expect to read about it's because I can't say a good thing about them. Too bad because I really looked forward to this person and was let down in epic fashion. Unfortunet.

I wish I could tell you guys more about the shoot, what I saw, what I was told etc etc and hopefully in time I can spill the beans about Detroit, but frankly out of sheer respect for everyone involved I simply can't.

But I will say that another member of TFW2005 was in the shoot with me. Small world huh! We talked transformers for a while, and he was pretty surprised I knew who he was by a simple comment he made (he lost his job to be in the movie) and he said this at the table and I instantly knew he was from TFW, awesome!. I hope you got everything ironed out Jack, good luck my friend.

Thanks for reading, TF3 as we already know is going to blow your mind. July of 2011 can't get here soon enough!

OP-DESTRUCTION

2. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've heard Optimus can be kind of a Prima Donna. Real shame.

Seriously, thanks for sharing. Sounds like you had a real blast.

3. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    was there explosions ;) 

4. optimusdestruction

News Credits:
    BWAHAHAHA! that was great. Yes it was a blast. no doubt...

5. optimusdestruction

News Credits:
    It's Transformers!!

6. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Haha

7. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Wow, so TheBeef is a dick.

C'mon, we all know who he was talkin' about.

8. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

So the guy acts like a conceited little pisspants on the set of Transformers 3. Everybody knows he doesn't really want to be there, he is officially the most bankable movie star in the world, he has aspirations of being a real actor, he's young and everyone is telling him how great he is. Cut him a little slack.

9. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Great read, good to know about everybody's passion for the film. What were you wearing? Can we spot you when we go to the cinema?

And a big ahahaha to Hobbes.

It was Starscream, though, wasn't it?
    Not enough lines again, I suppose.

10. DrLee

DrLee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i wasn't aware Dempsey was in Detroit?

11. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am actually surprised. And it's refreshing to read first hand of someone's experience with Mike other than just actors. It's awesome that he turned out to be a cool guy.

12. optimusdestruction

News Credits:
    He was in the area for non related transformers business and stopped in to say hello. There are a number of movies being shot in Detroit you know.

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did MB ask you to explode?

14. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    did he blow up a bin for added effect..

15. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I understand you will not talk about what you saw or know. I respect that. However, can you tell us as a whole, does the film excite you lets say, compared to ROTF or even TF1? :) 

the simplest answer will do.

16. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Sounds cool! Glad you had a fun time, and that the crew was nice to you :) !

17. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Sounds like it was a good experience. I wish I was able to get in when they were either in Princeton or Philly.

18. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

sounds like you had alot of fun :D  congrats! And its nice to hear about the people on set, glad they were all friendly :D  cept for whoever the guy is you wont mention, maybe he was just having a bad day?

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Shame to hear about Shia being unpleasant, but from what you've said about everyone else they seem really nice. Bay especially.

That must've been friggin' awesome, being directed and meeting the crew, and yeah, what were you wearing so we can spot you in the finished movie?

20. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016