My eBay Hauls

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Moonstreaker, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    I've decided that instead of a new posting with links to the auctions each time I win that I'll have one thread with pics of the items as they arrive. I have been pretty active the last two weeks on eBay (since I won't be at BotCon this year), so there will be a lot more additions in the coming week.

Predaking Complete w/tech specs and instructions - The only stickers missing are Divebombs wings and most of the other stickers show little if any wear. Other than Razorclaws legs being a little loose and causing a slight foward lean all the joints are in great shape. I'm very happy with the condition this arrived in. I know all the guns, swords, tech specs and instructions are not in the pic, but that's because they are in my desk...not on display.

$128.48
    [​IMG]

Galaxy Force Convoy - Has a very nice box with very minor corner wear. Great addition to my mostly MISB collection. The colors on the GF version are so much better better than the Cybertron version IMO. The brighter colors make a huge differnce. A Black and Red prime just doesn't seem right to me.

$35
    [​IMG]

G1 Japanese Predacon MISB/MIB lot (only Tantrum is MIB) - Very pleased with the condition of these boxes. Only thing I'm not that happy about is that seller neglected to mention that Rampage is what appears to be a factory retape. The age and the clarity of the tape appear to be identical. Since my collection is 99% MISB I have become somewhat of an expert in distinguishing the differnce between a simple retape and a factory retape. It's much easier on G1 items because of aging that occurs. Still happy with the price I paid even though Ramapage is a retape on one end. I havent made room to display these yet, so these are just pictures from the auction.

$500
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Trans4mers

Trans4mers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    nice haul there!

3. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

nice predaking hauls, I was following that misb/mib 5 lot, if I had some more cash right now I'd have considered it.

4. Moonstreaker

Ebay:
    I was shocked that I was able to grab that complete Predaking for only $128. Lately complete sets (even ones w/o the instructions and tech specs) have been going for $180-200.

5. Parsox

Parsox Lieutenant

That is a great price on predaking especially if you won the metal version

I have been trying to piece him together and have spent about 100 and am still missing headstrong and the swords.

6. Moonstreaker

Ebay:
    The only one that's the metal version is Divebomb. I have to position him almost perfectly against Headstrong to keep Predaking from leaning to his left and looking drunk.

7. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    i'd much rather have the all plastic version. had an all metal reissue and that guy was falling all over the place.

and I also have gotten misb toys with two pieces of tape on one side and afa wont touch those as far as grading goes, but they are none the less misb and untampered with. now the wierd thing is I bought to bookstyle starscreams and the both were sealed with a thin piece of tape on the top and a fatter piece of tape on the bottom. and these were bought from two different sellers.weird right?

8. Moonstreaker

Ebay:
    The AFA erks me with that crap too. It's normally pretty obvious if a G1 toy was retaped by the factory or somewhere else down the line. Examing the tape closely for a few mins can elimate the ones that aren't painfully obvious. And I have sent G1 items back to the seller because I felt confident they were the latter of the two. If I can distinguish the differnce I don't know why the supposed experts can't. I have some pristine Voyager Class Classics that I know the AFA won't touch even though at least half of all the Voyagers I have seen from that line are double taped. The fact that they won't touch any double taped toys just proves to me that the people they have grading have no business doing so.

9. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Thats a great catch on Predaking.

And as far as AFA goes, I think sometimes they can tell the double tape is legit, but to acknowledge it opens the door to the shady ebay jerks who reseal TFs and try to pass them as 'MISB AFA quality'.

If you have to blame someone, blame the jerk on the Hasbro assembly line who hit that box twice.

:) 

10. BigWebb

BigWebb Big Pimpin

can't beat the king