My E-Mail to Hasbro Re Animated Concerns

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by neospark1, Jun 12, 2008.

1. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey folks, just wanted to share this e-mail with everyone. I guess it is my form of venting. I just cannot imagine what was going through Hasbro's heads when they let these things out the door.

Neo

======

Hello there! I have been a collector of Transformers since 1984. I am 36 years old and a proud owner of a wide variety of Transformer action figures. I recently purchased Animated Bulkhead, Grimlock, Starscream, Ratchet, Lockdown, Blackarachnia, and the Megatron/Optimus 2-pack.

With the exception of Bulkhead and Blackarachnia, there have been
    -horrible- quality control issues.

Lockdown literally fell apart during the first transformation. One arm and one leg fell off during transformation, and they just will not stay on in robot mode.

Ratchet's right leg fell off during transformation, and will just barely stay on (will immediately fall off during transformation).

I gave up on transforming Starscream back to vehicle mode as his fists and tail fins kept falling off.

Prowl's left arm popped off just by transforming him the first time. His leg joints do not fare much better either.

Grimlock .... wow, I had to PUSH his arms into place to get him to robot mode, and caused stress marks in doing so.

Finally, the plastic on all of these Animated figures feels of less quality than all previous Transformers -and- you have to look at multiple copies of each figure to find one that does not have messed up paint applications.

I have to say that I am -extremly- upset and frustrated with Transformers: Animated. There is absolutely no excuse for these horrible quality control issues and the use of cheaper plastic. I spent a lot of money on defective products and more than likely will not buy anymore Animated figures until Hasbro addresses the above issues.

Regards,
    XXXXXX

2. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Umm, Animated is a great line with great attention to detail and fantastic molds. Sure, there are a couple of issues (i.e. lockdown's leg) but all in all it is a FANTASTIC line; I think the consensus may be against you in this one.

Good luck with your letter though.

3. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    I feel your pain man, some of my animated figs have some issues except for BB.

4. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Package them up and take them back to the store for a refund or exchange.

5. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

My brother picked up a Blackarachnia today, and we haven't had any trouble with her. Except she's hard to get to stand up lol. :p 

6. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

I can't disagree more on the comment regarding the quality of the plastic(s) used. All in all, this plastic feels heavier and more consistent throughout the molded pieces than previous formulations.

Regarding paint applications I agree with you that there is some serious "slop" happening.

Regarding the occasional loose joint I agree, but won't say that it's a common problem. I myself have experienced very few issues with my figures.

7. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Paint applications on these are really bad. I totally agree. And I have the similar problems with Starscream's right hand. They will pay more attention to the letter if you snail mail it, btw.

8. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i can understand if everyone is having a problem, but not everybody is. i have no problems with mine. if i do i would jsut return it for another, its not like you cant, cuz if couldnt it would be different but i do understand its a bit of pain.

9. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I Have 13 figures and the only ones i have QC issues with are BBs arm blasters (Fixed now) and Lockdowns hands (Fixed Now). Those are the only 2 I have had issues with. Other than that everything is great other than add some paint apps to increase their looks.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  10. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    QC free on 5 figures so far... and without sounding snide, the plastic and overall finishing (some paint-apps aside) is waaay better than many previous entire lines. The heavier matte-finish plastic is of a much higher quality than we're used to.

11. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    screw packaging them up and returning them to the store, package them up, go to rhode island, and pitch them through hasbro's window.

I refuse to buy any animated figures until this shit gets sorted out.

13. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    I feel bad for those who're having QC issues, but I'm happy to say that aside from Prowl's loose hips and 1 of my 2 grimlocks having super-tight (but still working) arms, my figures are all excellent. I've got 1 of each that's been released to retail (except for 2 grimlocks), and overall Animated is one of my favorite lines to date. The plastic is really nice, and can't stress how much I love the matte look. My bumblebee's panel lines are pretty crudely drawn, and his alt mode cold definitely use more detail, but neither of those are worth complaining over, and could easily be improved with a panel marker.

So, anyway, good luck with your letter, but your fastest course of action would be to return your figures to Walmart for a swap. I doubt Hasbro would give much attention to these QC concerns unless parents started complaining about choking hazards from easily removable pieces or some such thing.

14. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    other then my headliss starscream all mine rock but let us know what they say

15. Synthetic Breed

Synthetic Breed Supreme Autubot Commander

Got 17 figures. Love them all. Only thing that bugged me was Lockdown's hands and I fixed that by removing some plastic to unfold them more. Besides that, plastic feels quality, couldn't be happier!

16. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Well, I have Lockdown, Prowl, Ratchet, Bumblebee, Cyb Prime, Cyb Megs, Starscream, and Blackarachnia. All bought at retail here in Canada and I have NO issues with any of them. (aside from a few little customizations I might do like fixing Lockdowns hands so the fold out more etc.) Paint apps on most of the ones I've seen in stores looks pretty good for the most part too. No worse than any other lines anyway. And I agree that the plastic is very good quality. So far I have no real complaints at all.

17. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    4 out of 9 of mine had to be exchanged.

18. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Dont want to tempt fate but 16 figs and no QC issues makes me a happy bunny!, you must have had a bad run dude

19. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I'm really beginning to think that this is getting blown out of all proportion. You look at the number of people complaining vs the number of people who must be buying this stuff, and you've got to wonder "Why do they assume that their experience is reflective of everyone else?"

Also, why don't people return these things to the stores? That's going to get Hasbro's attention far more than posting on teh interwebz.

20. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    No major QC issues on my side either. As stated in other threads, I they all work fine right out of the package. Some minor tightening of joints here and there, but all in all, no biggie.