my dvd release spending spree

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by optimusjay, Oct 16, 2007.

1. optimusjay

optimusjay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well today i think i spent the most money ever in a single day of shopping. first stop was to walmart to get their exclusive dvd ($20.00) i also picked up my 4 yr old son his own single disc exclusive (20.00) of the movie to watch. off to target where i picked up their exclusiv which i liked so much i bought two one to display and 1 to leave sealed (60.00). next was best buy where i picked up their dvd exclusive (30.00)as well as 2 premium edition megatrons (one sealed and one to open) and 1 premium ratchet (60.00) next was fye to get both of the exclusive steel cases (60.00) i then made a return to walmart to pick up the battle damaged robot replica 2 pack ( 19.00) and also ended up buying the complete sets of the fantastic four baf series and spiderman 3 baf series ( roughly 180.00) and the 2 marvel legends 2 pack exclusives (50.00) one hell of a day. all total - 499.00.

so did anyone else go dvd exclusive crazy??????????

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I thought I spent alot getting the walmart exclusive ( $20 ) and then buying the 2 disk special edition from best buy ( $23 ). Would've bought the Megatron and Ratchet, but they had none :( . So I'm only out $43.

3. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

All I've bought so far is the WalMart with the Beginnings, and the Collector's Ed. However, I am going to Target tommorow to get their Transforming case DVD, and possibly some new TFs. Congrats to ya, and yea you spent a crapload LOL.

4. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Hmm.......let me think about that for a minute........

..........multiple copes of the same movie & some super heroes, or a MIB G1 Overlord?

Or MIB G1 Scorponok............OR MIB G1 Trypticon.........

:lolol 

To answer the question, I just bought one copy from Wal-Mart.

5. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

$47 rounded up. Eh.. told myself I wouldn't spend over 50. Made out pretty well. Keeping the single DVD copy that came with Wal-Mart set for the family, and the 2 disk set from Target for myself.

6. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Wow, I bought the Target TFing case and the Best Buy set. But I had a $10 gift card to Best Buy and will turn around and sell the DVD itself to my friend for 20 bucks. So I'm out $26 bucks.

7. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I spent 40 on the Speical 2 disc at Best Buy and the Prenium Ratchet which i love!

8. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    I got the Best Buy two disc and got both metallic toys, so about $60. But the most I have spent in a single day for only TF toys was June 2nd when the movie line hit, and it was close to $700. but a few things were for other people, so more like $500 of my own. Still think that was a crazy day cuz I got so many things..yet that much for just dvd stuff is even crazier!! and fun..

9. optimusjay

optimusjay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i know what that day was like i spent around 600 dollars on anything that was labeled transformers the movie on it. i literally own every bit of transformers the movie merchandise ever put out to date

10. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I definitely spent a good deal yesterday... on the movie and all the toys that were put on sale. I practically dubbed yesterday as Transformer Day (I even wore my Blackout t-shirt for the occasion!).

11. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Usually Best Buy is a slippery slope for me... I tend to go nuts with the mindset "well I'm already here, might as well look for movies/music/games I want"